Roswell ‘Was Soviet Plot to Create U.S. Panic’

Stalin RoswellThis is even stranger to me than the famous “it’s aliens!” conspiracy theory we all know and love. Thomas Harding writes in the Telegraph:

Devotees of science fiction have been convinced for decades that an alien spacecraft crashed in the desert of New Mexico – and that the American government covered up the recovery of extraterrestrial bodies. The so-called Roswell Incident of 1947 spawned conspiracy theories by the score.

But now, sadly for UFO spotters, a new book offers an entirely man-made — and some would say even more bizarre — explanation, featuring two of the greatest villains of 20th century history: the Soviet dictator Josef Stalin and the infamous Nazi “Angel of Death” Dr Joseph Mengele.

During a powerful storm in July, 1947, an object crashed near a rancher’s home in Roswell, New Mexico.

Roswell army air base initially said that a “flying disc” had come down, but hours later, as government scientists arrived in the area, it was stated instead that a weather balloon had crashed.

Read More: Telegraph

, , , , , , , , ,

9 Responses to Roswell ‘Was Soviet Plot to Create U.S. Panic’

1. Haystack May 18, 2011 at 11:29 pm #

This looks really cool.

I haven’t read her book yet, but from what I’ve gathered it sounds like all the Roswell-related stuff all came from an anonymous source, and that we’re more or less left to take her word for it. Even so, I’ve always been a huge fan of stories that start out “I met this guy who used to work at Area 51…”

2. Haystack May 18, 2011 at 7:29 pm #

This looks really cool.

• Guest May 21, 2011 at 8:42 am #

I’ll take this opportunity to say Bob Lazaar is a liar.  XD  I don’t know about the other accounts, but Bob Lazaar is a lying sack of crap.

3. drewt333 May 19, 2011 at 6:13 pm #

It is a fun story, but I thought the whole Roswell thing had already been revealed as a failed test of a ejection vehicle for high-altitude bombers/spy planes. The ‘aliens’ were test monkeys. Poor heroic space monkeys :’(

4. drewt333 May 19, 2011 at 10:13 pm #

5. Kat May 21, 2011 at 6:31 am #

Ok, the article says they were inspired by the Orwell radio broadcast in 1938. And Mengele created “alien-like children” who were 12 or 13 when the plane/craft/whatever crashed in 1947. Doesn’t add up. The kids would have to be 7 or 8, if it was a normal 40-week gestation. And that’s assuming Mengele was able to engineer them immediately. So unless the article is inaccurate in regards to the book, the simple math of the situation doesn’t add up.

6. Kat May 21, 2011 at 6:31 am #