Paul KausalikShane Benjamin writes in the Durango Herald:

A Durango man was sentenced Friday to 60 days in jail for spitting his own feces on a police officer.

Paul Kausalik, 62, stood still and showed no emotion as 6th Judicial District Judge David Dickinson handed down the punishment.

Kausalik apologized to his wife, the officer and the community. His wife was in the courtroom; the officer was not.

“The occurrences of that evening are totally indefensible,” he said.

Through his attorney, Kausalik declined to comment outside the courtroom.

Kausalik’s work as a retail associate at the Durango Post Office, 222 W. Eighth St., made his a well-known face around town. He worked for the service for about 30 years and retired April 29, said Al DeSarro, a spokesman in Denver.

Kausalik was facing anything from probation to two years in jail after spitting feces at Durango police Officer Chad Langley while detained at the Durango police station.

For more information, see original article.

29 Comments on "Spitting Your Own Feces At A Police Officer’s Face Gets You 60 Days Jail-Time in Colorado"

1. I have NEVER smoked enough weed to make me do something that disgusting.
    But I have smoked enough to find this hilarious.

2. I have NEVER smoked enough weed to make me do something that disgusting.
    But I have smoked enough to find this hilarious.

3. I have NEVER smoked enough weed to make me do something that disgusting.
    But I have smoked enough to find this hilarious.

4. Rex Vestri | May 29, 2011 at 12:09 am |

Meth is one helluva drug!

5. Rex Vestri | May 28, 2011 at 8:09 pm |

Meth is one helluva drug!

6. justagirl | May 29, 2011 at 12:55 am |

how does one spit out some baby mice?  i don’t get it.

7. justagirl | May 28, 2011 at 8:55 pm |

how does one spit out some baby mice?  i don’t get it.

8. Anonymous | May 29, 2011 at 1:32 am |

He wore a shit-eating grin….

9. GoodDoktorBad | May 28, 2011 at 9:32 pm |

He wore a shit-eating grin….

10. He was drunk, not high.

11. Are we sure those are his own feces? Did they dust for feces, or perform a DNA test on them? How do we know he wasn’t felching beforehand?

12. Are we sure those are his own feces? Did they dust for feces, or perform a DNA test on them? How do we know he wasn’t felching beforehand?

13. Does this particular act have a euphemism?

14. Does this particular act have a euphemism?

15. jackedu317 | May 29, 2011 at 4:15 am |

ok, so he took a shit, ate it, and then spit it out? this has to be a misprint… or someone doesn’t know their vocabulary very well… did the officers see him eat it? if i saw someone eating shit, i wouldn’t get close enough to be spit on… maybe the misprint was the word “spit”… maybe he shit on the police… hehehe

16. jackedu317 | May 29, 2011 at 12:15 am |

17. Anonymous | May 29, 2011 at 10:55 am |

18. I guess the court took into consideration that eating your own shit was punishment enough in one regard.

19. BozoDeathGod | May 29, 2011 at 7:00 pm |

chut up!

20. justagirl | May 29, 2011 at 7:06 pm |

LOL!

21. “Spitting your own feces”
    :/ <mfw

22. “Spitting your own feces”
    :/ <mfw

23. At first I wanted to know how that was possible, but then I realized I really, really, did not want to know.

24. At first I wanted to know how that was possible, but then I realized I really, really, did not want to know.

25. This shall now be known as “pulling a Kausalik”.