Was Osama Bin Laden A US Prisoner Before Being Killed?

The Times Of India reports:

Al-Qaida founder Osama bin Laden was a prisoner in US custody for “sometime” before he was killed by the American military, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has said.

“I have exact information that bin Laden was held by the American military for sometime… until the day they killed him he was a prisoner held by them,” the hardline president said in a live interview on Iranian state television.

“Please pay attention. This is important. He was held by them for sometime. They made him sick and while he was sick they killed him,” Ahmadinejad added.

He accused US President Barack Obama for announcing the al-Qaida leader’s death for “political gain.”

“What the US president has done is for domestic political gain. In other words, they killed him for Mr Obama’s election and now they are seeking to replace him with someone else,” Ahmadinejad said without elaborating.

Bin Laden was shot dead on May 2 in a US commando raid on a heavily fortified compound near Islamabad, Pakistan.

On May 4, Iranian Defence Minister Ahmad Vahidi too had cast doubt on bin Laden’s death, saying there were “ambiguities” over the way he was killed

[Continues at The Times Of India]

24 Comments on "Was Osama Bin Laden A US Prisoner Before Being Killed?"

1. RedHerring | May 16, 2011 at 9:12 pm |

I doubt it’s worth taking seriously anything this major league A-hole says.

2. I doubt it’s worth taking seriously anything this major league A-hole says.

3. Anonymous | May 16, 2011 at 9:40 pm |

No, he was not.

4. JoiquimCouteau | May 16, 2011 at 5:40 pm |

No, he was not.

• ArgosyJones | May 17, 2011 at 3:37 pm |

Except that none of those links is to a mainstream source.  Hmmm….

• Michael E | May 17, 2011 at 8:43 pm |

I’m not American, but some of those news items refer to AP, which I believe stands for Associated Press which sounds pretty mainstream to me.

5. Mamagriff50 | May 17, 2011 at 12:25 am |

I didn’t buy We threw his body in the ocean. Puleeze….

6. Mamagriff50 | May 16, 2011 at 8:25 pm |

I didn’t buy We threw his body in the ocean. Puleeze….

7. I wouldn’t be surprised if something like this actually happened, but Ahmadinejad isn’t exactly the best source (as @55f44b3e8b1000bbb3f10d7e4dc60dd4:disqus said).

8. I wouldn’t be surprised if something like this actually happened, but Ahmadinejad isn’t exactly the best source (as @55f44b3e8b1000bbb3f10d7e4dc60dd4:disqus said).

9. Anonymous | May 17, 2011 at 3:01 am |

This guy is the South end of a horse facing North.
    He represents an evil country whose government claims to represent God.
    They want to take over the world.

10. Susan_B_Karimchise | May 16, 2011 at 11:01 pm |

This guy is the South end of a horse facing North.
    He represents an evil country whose government claims to represent God.
    They want to take over the world.

11. Don’t listen to him. He has been working with the djinn.

12. Don’t listen to him. He has been working with the djinn.

13. Sadly, What he says has more truth to it than what our own President and media say… 😛

14. Sadly, What he says has more truth to it than what our own President and media say… 😛

15. Just like thew good ol’ US of A. God bless America

16. ArgosyJones | May 17, 2011 at 7:37 pm |

Except that none of those links is to a mainstream source.  Hmmm….

17. Michael E | May 18, 2011 at 12:43 am |

18.  “Bin Laden was” ALLEGEDLY “shot dead on May 2 in a US commando raid on a heavily fortified compound near Islamabad, Pakistan.”

No evidence has yet been provided by the U.S. government to back this allegation up – A BIG MISTAKE!

19.  “Bin Laden was” ALLEGEDLY “shot dead on May 2 in a US commando raid on a heavily fortified compound near Islamabad, Pakistan.”