Japanese Pop Star Outed As Computer-Generated Creation

20110619_eguchi2-600x449Has CGI technology become super realistic? Or is it more that actual famous people now resemble virtual creations to the extent that the difference is hardly noticeable? Kotaku reveals:

AKB48 is Japan’s most popular female pop group. With give-or-take 48 members, its latest member is Aimi Eguchi, who has rocketed from obscurity to become the poster girl for a Japanese ice candy, Ice no Mi. Now revealed as a computer composite of other girls in the group, she appears 4 seconds in below.

33 Comments on "Japanese Pop Star Outed As Computer-Generated Creation"

1. Anonymous | Jun 28, 2011 at 1:17 pm |

That’s pretty crazy but the next step will be real life droids walking around looking like that(hopefully).  Question is are you willing to take one home at 3:00 a.m. when your drunk and horny?  Because I sure am!

2. SuperSerial | Jun 28, 2011 at 9:17 am |

That’s pretty crazy but the next step will be real life droids walking around looking like that (hopefully that good looking).  Question is are you willing to take one home at 3:00 a.m. when you’re drunk and horny?  Because I sure am!

3. I look forward to upload myself in virtual hyper reality and live forever.
    How about you?

4. I look forward to upload myself in virtual hyper reality and live forever.
    How about you?

5. Anonymous | Jun 28, 2011 at 1:58 pm |

William Gibson – IDORU

6. William Gibson – IDORU

7. Hmm….maybe there were no planes.

8. Hmm….maybe there were no planes.

9. half full | Jun 28, 2011 at 3:14 pm |

Im pretty sure im computer generated.

10. half full | Jun 28, 2011 at 11:14 am |

Im pretty sure im computer generated.

11. Anonymous | Jun 28, 2011 at 3:55 pm |

But the droids will not be free…oh no

12. “Please insert cash or card? well.. where do i put it?”

13. Anonymous | Jun 28, 2011 at 7:42 pm |

The slot marked “V” (for vag-o-matic)

14. Hadrian999 | Jun 28, 2011 at 8:30 pm |

i’d buy one

15. Hadrian999 | Jun 28, 2011 at 8:30 pm |

i’d buy one

16. Hadrian999 | Jun 28, 2011 at 4:30 pm |

i’d buy one

17. Bill Hicks is rolling in his Grave ….. ” These aren’t really even people, its a CIA plot to make you think Malls are good”

18. Bill Hicks is rolling in his Grave ….. ” These aren’t really even people, its a CIA plot to make you think Malls are good”

19. creepy... | Jun 28, 2011 at 11:05 pm |

next thing you know there will be only good news to report cuz the riots will be edited to be sing-alongs. be well citizen you exude joy joy feelings and your ration will be increased. this shit creeps me the fuck out…

20. creepy... | Jun 28, 2011 at 7:05 pm |

21. Anarchy Wolf | Jun 29, 2011 at 4:00 am |

Well, if it’s a composite of four other girls then it’s not entirely virtual.

22. Anarchy Pony | Jun 29, 2011 at 12:00 am |

Well, if it’s a composite of four other girls then it’s not entirely virtual.

23. Anonymous | Jun 29, 2011 at 3:27 pm |

For me the tip off was the fact that at no time did she screech:  “You fekkin’ cromagnon!  Even a goddamned animal would demand fresh woodchips in the cage from time to time to ward off the stench!”

Yeah.  Excessive perfection:  Phillip K. Dick’s first rule for identifying a replicant.

24. Liam_McGonagle | Jun 29, 2011 at 11:27 am |

25. Umm, yes I suppose. I’m not sure precisely what I’m looking at on this one. Just a candy commercial? Maybe better than some of the “tough active people” Snickers commercials I’ve seen. I’ve seen worse things.

26. Umm, yes I suppose. I’m not sure precisely what I’m looking at on this one. Just a candy commercial? Maybe better than some of the “tough active people” Snickers commercials I’ve seen. I’ve seen worse things.

27. very good, very good, I love so much  akb48