Millie Brown: Puking Up Great Art

MartinaSpetlovaMillieBrownPIs it disgusting? Is it genius? A metaphor for the artistic process or our consumerist society? I’m not sure how I feel about the art world’s vomit trend, but I’m not leaning too close to look at the paintings. AMY&PINK writes:

In the name of cre­ation, the New York per­for­mance artist Mil­lie Brown throws up in her lat­est pro­ject “Nexus vom­it­ing” in all col­ors of the rain­bow on white screens, while the opera singers Pa­tri­cia Ham­mond and Zita Syme sup­port her with an acoustic per­for­mances and men­tally pre­pare her for the phys­i­cal and psy­cho­log­i­cal bur­den. So styl­ish and an­gelic only a few humans can vomit.

32 Comments on "Millie Brown: Puking Up Great Art"

1. I used to do this until someone told me that it was possible to apply colors directly to the canvas.

2. I used to do this until someone told me that it was possible to apply colors directly to the canvas.

3. justagirl | Jun 20, 2011 at 11:52 pm |

is it wrong of me to wish she had eaten some shards of glass and shiny metal pieces?

4. justagirl | Jun 20, 2011 at 7:52 pm |

5. jackedu317 | Jun 21, 2011 at 1:25 am |

what the hell is wrong with people?… seriously? mixing bulimia with art…maybe she should teach a high school art class… plenty of girls throwing up there…

6. jackedu317 | Jun 20, 2011 at 9:25 pm |

7. That is just plain stupid.

8. That is just plain stupid.

9. I totally support this.  Except I wouldn’t buy one of her paintings.

10. I totally support this.  Except I wouldn’t buy one of her paintings.

11. E.B. Wolf | Jun 21, 2011 at 2:56 am |

If it is wrong; I don’t wanna be right.

12. Anonymous | Jun 21, 2011 at 3:38 am |

Very primal …but damn…this chick is freaky. What else does she do? LOL

13. Anonymous | Jun 21, 2011 at 3:38 am |

Very primal …but damn…this chick is freaky. What else does she do? LOL

14. Anonymous | Jun 21, 2011 at 3:38 am |

Very primal …but damn…this chick is freaky. What else does she do? LOL

15. Anonymous | Jun 21, 2011 at 3:38 am |

Very primal …but damn…this chick is freaky. What else does she do? LOL

16. Anonymous | Jun 21, 2011 at 3:38 am |

Very primal …but damn…this chick is freaky. What else does she do? LOL

17. cosmicserpent | Jun 20, 2011 at 11:38 pm |

Very primal …but damn…this chick is freaky. What else does she do? LOL

18. Anonymous | Jun 21, 2011 at 5:02 am |

For me, no.

Having said that, I still support her.

But no.

19. smooth_operator | Jun 21, 2011 at 1:02 am |

For me, no.

Having said that, I still support her.

But no.

20. Crumpled Sheepskin | Jun 21, 2011 at 8:57 am |

Well it appears that our society has reached the Pinnacle of Pointlessness.

From here on in the only way is up.

Society itself holds the power to create a Reality Shift.

We could have a Collective Non Consumption day.

By  acting together and buying nothing at all  for just one day would send a message.

It would show us where the true power lies.

If we wish for change then one small act undertaken by us all will start our reality shift.

Support Collective Non Consumption day

Support the future of your species and its evolution.

21. Crumpled Sheepskin | Jun 21, 2011 at 4:57 am |

Well it appears that our society has reached the Pinnacle of Pointlessness.

From here on in the only way is up.

Society itself holds the power to create a Reality Shift.

We could have a Collective Non Consumption day.

It would show us where the true power lies.

Support Collective Non Consumption day

Support the future of your species and its evolution.

22. If you consider this art you are one dumb motherfucker. I guess the bums down the street from my apartment are artist you fucking retarded bitch. Get real.

23. If you consider this art you are one dumb motherfucker. I guess the bums down the street from my apartment are artist you fucking retarded bitch. Get real.

24. Necrocide | Jun 21, 2011 at 2:58 pm |

I noticed that she doesn’t seem to have much of a gag reflex…Now if she really wants to be truly contraversial; she should be squirting different colours out of both ends simultaneously.

25. Necrocide | Jun 21, 2011 at 10:58 am |

26. Oh and I’m sure it takes a lot to impress you, Will.

27. The New Jackson Pollack.  What a fucking hack.  This is not art.  It has no developed vision, no goal, no skill required.  I could this.  It’s shit.

28. The New Jackson Pollack.  What a fucking hack.  This is not art.  It has no developed vision, no goal, no skill required.  I could this.  It’s shit.

29. hihihihihibi | Jul 3, 2011 at 4:52 am |

she is giving off the impression that being buliemic (however u say it) is ok….and its not.  thiis girl needs some help.  you can just drop the paint on the canvas, not try to make ur eating disorder seem ok by making shitty art out of it.

30. hihihihihibi | Jul 3, 2011 at 12:52 am |