Two Men Run Wild In An Empty Terminal At Dallas Forth-Worth Airport

There has been a video floating around the internet of photographer Joe Ayala and friend Larry Chen stranded at Dallas Fort-Worth Airport after their connecting flight was canceled one night. When it appeared there was no one else in the terminal, the two decide to make the most of the situation and goof around in wheelchair races and enjoying themselves to some free beer. The incident was seen on security cameras, but no personnel seem to be in the terminal. Aviation security experts don’t believe it to be too much of a security risk because the men were ticketed passengers who had already been through TSA screenings, but not everyone agrees.

DFW airport board member Betty Culbreath says while it may have been a prank, it sent the wrong message. “It’s not funny. It’s not going to happen again as far as I’m concerned. It should not have happened because it gives the perception the airport is sitting out there unguarded and that’s why I was concerned, and am still concerned.”

Read more at CBSDFW.

77 Comments on "Two Men Run Wild In An Empty Terminal At Dallas Forth-Worth Airport"

1. I encountered a similar situation once when I was at the airport in Philly for 5-6 hours one late evening about two years ago, though I only wish I had the resources at hand to do the same

2. I encountered a similar situation once when I was at the airport in Philly for 5-6 hours one late evening about two years ago, though I only wish I had the resources at hand to do the same

3. They made the politicians, and security nazis, look ineffective… you can’t do that, there are reputations to be maintained…

4. They made the politicians, and security nazis, look ineffective… you can’t do that, there are reputations to be maintained…

5. Grooveboss | Jun 16, 2011 at 8:52 pm |

Brilliant!!! now thats art

6. Grooveboss | Jun 16, 2011 at 4:52 pm |

Brilliant!!! now thats art

7. Anonymous | Jun 16, 2011 at 11:46 pm |

Everything MUST be serious. God forbid, you might have some fun.

8. cosmicserpent | Jun 16, 2011 at 7:46 pm |

Everything MUST be serious. God forbid, you might have some fun.

9. Anonymous | Jun 16, 2011 at 11:48 pm |

One question though, are they stealing beer?

10. cosmicserpent | Jun 16, 2011 at 7:48 pm |

One question though, are they stealing beer?

• cosmic i want to be your best friend!!!! just cause of your name!!!! i just finished the book.. i hope you know what i mean.

• cosmicserpent | Jun 17, 2011 at 6:10 pm |

My birth date falls in the tzolkin calendar as a cosmic serpent. I also do know the book by Jeremy Narby. Thanks 🙂

11. Awesome video quality :p great job guys :p

12. Awesome video quality :p great job guys :p

13. Anonymous | Jun 17, 2011 at 2:05 am |

Betty needs to chill the fuck out.

14. smooth_operator | Jun 16, 2011 at 10:05 pm |

Betty needs to chill the fuck out.

15. If Betty Culbreath is so concerned about the airport appearing to be unguarded, she best get her butt out there and start guarding.

16. If Betty Culbreath is so concerned about the airport appearing to be unguarded, she best get her butt out there and start guarding.

17. LOVE IT! I WORKED AT THE AIRPORT AND ITS HILLARIOUS THAT THEY GOT INTO A RESTARAUNT..LOL! WAS THAT PAPADAUX IN A TERMINAL??!?!?!?!

18. LOVE IT! I WORKED AT THE AIRPORT AND ITS HILLARIOUS THAT THEY GOT INTO A RESTARAUNT..LOL! WAS THAT PAPADAUX IN A TERMINAL??!?!?!?!

19. How did they film it so well if there was only two of them?

20. How did they film it so well if there was only two of them?

21. boredworker | Jun 17, 2011 at 11:34 am |

I should have done that at the Denver airport..

22. boredworker | Jun 17, 2011 at 7:34 am |

I should have done that at the Denver airport..

23. GOOD ON THEM!!! It’s nice to see someone have a little fun at an airport. God knows the last 10 years TSA has turned them to hell on earth. and i agree with smooth_operator……Betty needs to take the board out of her ass and have a little fun her self.

24. GOOD ON THEM!!! It’s nice to see someone have a little fun at an airport. God knows the last 10 years TSA has turned them to hell on earth. and i agree with smooth_operator……Betty needs to take the board out of her ass and have a little fun her self.

25. Den Hickey | Jun 17, 2011 at 2:47 pm |

Yes, because terrorists might decide that once they get past security the airport is totally unguarded and they can.. I dunno… have terrorist wheelchair races?  Get some free beer that they aren’t supposed to drink in the first place?  Play on the escalators?  No, the fear here is not so much of terrorism itself.  Thats just the excuse that the anxiety produced is being channeled into.  The thing that actually generates the fear in this case is people in a situation with few if any rules outside of those that society has taught them to enforce upon themselves when there is no one around to enforce the rules.  Some people revel in that potential freedom… others are terrified of it.

26. Den Hickey | Jun 17, 2011 at 10:47 am |

27. Fun to Watch | Jun 17, 2011 at 2:48 pm |

Clearly a fake.  How did they get the aerial shot of them goofing off on the escalator.  Entertaining and full of whimsy (we all wish we could do that) but definitely staged!

28. Fun to Watch | Jun 17, 2011 at 10:48 am |

29. Dknighthex | Jun 17, 2011 at 3:13 pm |

“it gives the perception the airport is sitting out there unguarded and that’s why I was concerned, and am still concerned.”
    I give this security theater two thumbs down.  Do you even know your motivation Betty?

30. Dknighthex | Jun 17, 2011 at 3:13 pm |

31. Dknighthex | Jun 17, 2011 at 11:13 am |

32. Anonymous | Jun 17, 2011 at 4:14 pm |

Betty Cull-breath? Don’t let her breath on you…

33. GoodDoktorBad | Jun 17, 2011 at 12:14 pm |

Betty Cull-breath? Don’t let her breath on you…

34. the reasons for the ariel shots and other seemingly impossible shots was because one of the men was a professional photographer, and the only thing i see illegal here is when they went into the kitchen and stole a glass of beer. Otherwise this was a hilarious video

35. the reasons for the ariel shots and other seemingly impossible shots was because one of the men was a professional photographer, and the only thing i see illegal here is when they went into the kitchen and stole a glass of beer. Otherwise this was a hilarious video

36. Oh for pete’s sakes….what kind of security camera captures all their activities from all angles exactly? In the bathroom even….from the ceiling….from the floor….running alongside wheel chairs….

37. Oh for pete’s sakes….what kind of security camera captures all their activities from all angles exactly? In the bathroom even….from the ceiling….from the floor….running alongside wheel chairs….

• wooooooowwwwww | Jun 17, 2011 at 1:48 pm |

The article never said that the footage being shown was the security camera footage. I think it’s pretty obvious that they filmed it themselves….

38. wooooooowwwwww | Jun 17, 2011 at 5:48 pm |

39. justagirl | Jun 17, 2011 at 6:19 pm |

“and am still concerned”.
    well, you should be now that WE seen it.   bwa haaaa.

40. justagirl | Jun 17, 2011 at 2:19 pm |

“and am still concerned”.
    well, you should be now that WE seen it.   bwa haaaa.

41. We, the overseers, think the big question that has to be asked is “is the DFW airport board member Betty Culbreatha FASCIST and someone who advocates the POLICE state?

42. We, the overseers, think the big question that has to be asked is “is the DFW airport board member Betty Culbreatha FASCIST and someone who advocates the POLICE state?

43.  There are way too many cuts for this to be real.

44.  There are way too many cuts for this to be real.

• That’s ridiculous. Because amateur filmmakers can’t afford edit systems?

45. damn, I wish I had done that when my friend and I were pratically alone at LHR a few years back. All the running around probably would have kept us warm because that was a cold, long night.

46. damn, I wish I had done that when my friend and I were pratically alone at LHR a few years back. All the running around probably would have kept us warm because that was a cold, long night.

47. cosmic i want to be your best friend!!!! just cause of your name!!!! i just finished the book.. i hope you know what i mean.

48. Anonymous | Jun 17, 2011 at 10:10 pm |

49. Damn, here I thought airports were boring.

50. Damn, here I thought airports were boring.

51. Hadrian999 | Jun 18, 2011 at 12:53 am |

mmmmmm papadaux

52. That’s ridiculous. Because amateur filmmakers can’t afford edit systems?

53. Thirteentwenty | Jun 18, 2011 at 2:47 am |

The more I see this the more I feel that it’s staged… Now this girl from a while back…

54. Thirteentwenty | Jun 17, 2011 at 10:47 pm |

55. Dstrong1337 | Jun 18, 2011 at 3:13 am |

This is exactly what Terrorism’s main goal is, They want us to change how we live our lives and what we are and are not allowed to do. Betty is just reinforcing both to us and the terrorist groups them selves that they are succeeding with their mission

56. Dstrong1337 | Jun 17, 2011 at 11:13 pm |

57. the top floor opposite end of the elevators. if you only think first, idiot.

58. Superbadasswhatever | Jun 18, 2011 at 7:04 am |

After her commentary, Betty returned home to her condo and silently wondered why no one ever called her or wanted to touch her private parts.

59. Superbadasswhatever | Jun 18, 2011 at 3:04 am |

60. Effin’ terrorists.

61. Effin’ terrorists.

62. STOP THE PRESSES! Someone was having FUN while traveling!! Clearly we MUST put a stop to this.

63. STOP THE PRESSES! Someone was having FUN while traveling!! Clearly we MUST put a stop to this.

64. Why does Betty want to help the terrorists?

65. having fun is now a security risk?

66. having fun is now a security risk?

67. Are you intellectually impaired?

68. Tripod.  Newfangled technologeee