Pretty incredible — after Narces Benoit and his girlfriend witnessed a deadly police shooting, officers put guns to their heads and smashed their cellphones in an effort to destroy the video he had shot. However, Benoit had managed to slip the memory card out of his phone and kept it hidden in his mouth throughout the ordeal, even while interrogated, CNN reports. Footage below:

38 Comments on "Video: Witness Filmed Miami Police Shooting, Hid Memory Card In Mouth To Save Footage"

1. Anonymous | Jun 8, 2011 at 5:44 pm |

“If that nigga ain’t dead, he dead now”

2. JoiquimCouteau | Jun 8, 2011 at 1:44 pm |

“If that nigga ain’t dead, he dead now”

3. Anonymous | Jun 8, 2011 at 5:51 pm |

4. Every one of those people who where there should have gotten out their cell phone cameras and video taped it. The police need to be constantly watched and held accountable for their actions. They are trained to do a job a certain way, under pressure. If they can’t handle doing the job the correct way then they shouldn’t be police officers.

5. Anonymous | Jun 8, 2011 at 6:01 pm |

I commend this guy and anyone like him who have the balls to risk destruction to personal property, wrongful arrest and malicious charges bring brought up on them in order to maintain our right to watch the watchers. I can only hope that enough people will see this and realize, much like our founding fathers knew, that people with power cannot be trusted and must be supervised by the collective people. Without people to stand up for our rights, we’re lost.

6. I commend this guy and anyone like him who have the balls to risk destruction to personal property, wrongful arrest and malicious charges being brought up on them in order to maintain our right to watch the watchers. I can only hope that enough people will see this and realize, much like our founding fathers knew, that people with power cannot be trusted and must be supervised by the collective people. Without people to stand up for our rights, we’re lost.

7. Grooveboss | Jun 8, 2011 at 6:39 pm |

Thats all I see when i see a cop car here. Someone trigger happy with a gun waiting for a good enough target. makes me sick. If a cop wanted to turn into a serial killer it would take a good long time to find out if he was smart enough to hide evidence.

8. Grooveboss | Jun 8, 2011 at 2:39 pm |

9. Grooveboss | Jun 8, 2011 at 6:43 pm |

that was like several hand cannons. police are out of control and so are criminals at least gangsters have style.

10. Grooveboss | Jun 8, 2011 at 6:43 pm |

11. Grooveboss | Jun 8, 2011 at 2:43 pm |

12. Grooveboss | Jun 8, 2011 at 7:02 pm |

a cops weapon needs to be controlled remotely. they can have a self defense weapon with like 2 bullets thats it. or no lethal

13. Grooveboss | Jun 8, 2011 at 3:02 pm |

• Psychobilly_attack | Jun 8, 2011 at 6:34 pm |

unfortunately, they need to be prepared for those they are up against… and let’s face it, most gangs are better armed than the police force.

however, I do believe absolute power corrupts absolutely, and I really don’t envy the position of being a police officer.

14. jackedu317 | Jun 8, 2011 at 7:12 pm |

can anyone say excessive force?… fuck the police…

15. jackedu317 | Jun 8, 2011 at 3:12 pm |

can anyone say excessive force?… fuck the police…

16. Anonymous | Jun 8, 2011 at 7:33 pm |

Outlandish

17. MoralDrift | Jun 8, 2011 at 3:33 pm |

Outlandish

18. qik.com  uploads your video as you shoot it. much better than hiding the sd card and risking your life

19. qik.com  uploads your video as you shoot it. much better than hiding the sd card and risking your life

20. Nunzio X | Jun 8, 2011 at 7:57 pm |

This guy is to be commended for his actions, and for out-smarting the cops.

Also for appearing on television and making it public, not only for the sake of watching the watchers but also to cover his own ass against the almost inevitable retribution / coercion  the cops are going to rain down on him…now if they try to get him, it’ll go worse for the cops.

I hope the dude gets full restitution for his phone and a couple of million on top of that, and a public declaration from the police department that ANY citizen can video ANY cop ANYTIME they’re in public.

21. Nunzio X | Jun 8, 2011 at 3:57 pm |

This guy is to be commended for his actions, and for out-smarting the cops.

22. Psychobilly_attack | Jun 8, 2011 at 10:34 pm |

23. To serve and to protect, lol.

If this happened in France, Germany or the U.K. there would be a month of protests in the street. Law enforcement would lose their jobs and likely be brought up on charges, as they should be held accountable. Here however? Too busy watching American Idol. Those cell-phone smashers will likely be given a mandatory anger-stress management course.

Fluoride is a hell of a drug in the water system.

24. To serve and to protect, lol.

Fluoride is a hell of a drug in the water system.

25. Xplicitriding | Jun 9, 2011 at 5:38 pm |

…makes you sad to think there kids in school singing the Star-Spangled banner song and other songs like that only to grow up and see shit like this. They need to follow what England does and take guns away from cops. These guys are going apeshit.

26. Xplicitriding | Jun 9, 2011 at 1:38 pm |

27. anothervietvet | Jun 10, 2011 at 5:26 am |

I just posted about 15 mins ago   then went to another site about this   however, only law enforcement officers are allowed to post comments on that site, so I read theirs  …. my previous comments stand .. especially when they refer to the public they are sworn to protect and serve and “Dirty Scroat Bags”.   a good example of the lowest regard LE types have for us public types … guess we should all pin targets on to assist LE ..

Totally absurd!!!

28. anothervietvet | Jun 10, 2011 at 5:26 am |

Totally absurd!!!

29. anothervietvet | Jun 10, 2011 at 1:26 am |

Totally absurd!!!

30. Arlo Driftwood | Jun 10, 2011 at 6:18 am |

Let’s face it, most gangs ARE NOT better armed than the police force.

31. Lot of cop hating law breakers here.

32. Lot of cop hating law breakers here.

33. Blackpanther | Jun 20, 2011 at 8:42 pm |

Iphone doesnt have a memory card to hide but i do have a feature where i can immediatly upload video to my youtube account where the pigs cant erase it because they wont even know what my account is…uploading it to youtube is better then uploading to a personal cloud because if somthing happens to me no one is going to think to search my personal cloud for the video and it will go unseen…with the you tube way even if they kill me right after i take video the video still gets out

34. Blackpanther | Jun 20, 2011 at 4:42 pm |

35. Such abuse of power.  Cops guilty of trying to intimidate people for taping the officers committing crimes should be hung.