A Year’s Worth Of Makeup At Once

15With the aim of highlighting the “cosmetic overkill” prevalent in modern life, directors Lernert & Sander applied the quantity of makeup typically worn over the course of a year, 365 layers, onto a model in a single day.

(Surely she will be 365 times as beautiful?) The results of the experiment are fairly unsettling.

17 Comments on "A Year’s Worth Of Makeup At Once"

1. Anonymous | Jul 14, 2011 at 6:16 pm |

2. So? If you saw how much food you eat in year, how much air you breath, how much water you drink, how much waste you would produce, etc, it would all seem repulsive.

• Sf2k01sucks | Jul 16, 2011 at 10:18 pm |

You’re saying women should just keep wearing make-up and that 365 days of it is normal waste or you just don’t give a fuck and wish everyone was more like you?  Why did you even click on the article if you are incapable of thinking beyond the area you have limited yourself to?

I appreciate the point they tried to make with this video.  The whole make-up thing amazes me… that women are taught from such an early age that they should do this to their face to make them look more appealing.  It’s pretty counter-productive, especially knowing how women also wish to prevent wrinkles, all the while piling on large gobs of shit on your skin everyday that is mass that must be carried around by your skin, which over time will, in fact, stretch your skin out and cause wrinkles.  While I don’t think 365 layers of make-up really, clearly made the point, the effort was enough.

Oh, and for all you people whining about DisInfo going down the shitter because this isn’t “news,” DisInfo, as far as I know, isn’t necessarily a news source, but an information-hub for shit you wouldn’t hear or see anywhere else and as a reader, I enjoy the occult articles and the focus on art.  If you think about it, it *does* all fit together because we are all trying to think beyond the limits we have been given and discouraged to seek out, which covers “secret” news stories we aren’t told about, various forms of spirituality, and the arts.

3. Jee! How fascinating. What the fuck has happened to disinfo?

4. Jee! How fascinating. What the fuck has happened to disinfo?

5. I'm with stupid -> | Jul 14, 2011 at 10:23 pm |

cant fix stupid.

6. I'm with stupid -> | Jul 14, 2011 at 6:23 pm |

cant fix stupid.

7. NarwhalNecropsy | Jul 14, 2011 at 11:37 pm |

I come here for NEWS not this shit.

8. NarwhalNecropsy | Jul 14, 2011 at 7:37 pm |

I come here for NEWS not this shit.

9. Anonymous | Jul 15, 2011 at 1:43 am |

I dated her. I used to drink alot….

10. GoodDoktorBad | Jul 14, 2011 at 9:43 pm |

I dated her. I used to drink alot….

11. OrganicJake | Jul 15, 2011 at 4:25 am |

In order to demonstrate “Toilet Paper Overkill”, I will use 365 days worth of toilet paper the next time I take a dump. (Surely my butt will be 35 times cleaner??)  The results of my experiment may be fairly unsettling.

12. OrganicJake | Jul 15, 2011 at 4:25 am |

13. OrganicJake | Jul 15, 2011 at 12:25 am |

14. Sf2k01sucks | Jul 17, 2011 at 2:18 am |

15. So, what did we learn from this?
    Nothing.
    This is pointless.

16. So, what did we learn from this?
    Nothing.