Dylan Ratigan Interviews Ron Paul on this U.S. ‘Debt Crisis’ (Video)

Via the Dylan Ratigan Show:

24 Comments on "Dylan Ratigan Interviews Ron Paul on this U.S. ‘Debt Crisis’ (Video)"

1. Hadrian999 | Jul 17, 2011 at 10:27 am |

I have very deep concerns about the what I feel is the logical outcome of libertarian policies but that isn’t really an issue right now, my biggest doubt about ron paul is weather or not he is anything other than a show to make the disaffected believe they are doing something by giving them impotent independents to rally behind instead of working to tear down the system of institutionalized corruption that surrounds our political system. I doubt he would get nominated by the republican party because he doesn’t take part in the game of politics and wouldn’t enjoy the support of the party leadership of the money men behind them and an independent run has no power when every part of our process is controlled by corporate money and corporate media.

2. Hadrian999 | Jul 17, 2011 at 6:27 am |

• jasonpaulhayes | Jul 17, 2011 at 12:57 pm |

We shall see what he can do in the Presidential Debates, speaking is his strong point and he dares to say what few candidates will. He’s for ending the “War on Drugs” and that has the biggest implication for balancing the budget IMO, yet he did say Evolution was “Just a theory to my knowledge”, hopefully just pandering to his base and not holding that as a position on the subject. If he were running Independent I just might vote for him but I will never vote Republican, I refuse to live under Church Law and that’s what they primarily stand for since Reagan radicalized and empowered their Neo-Con base.

• Hadrian999 | Jul 17, 2011 at 2:52 pm |

I hope I’m wrong but the cynic in me always thinks that so called independents are a giant con to partition party people unsatisfied with the party cartel system into impotent groups quarantined away from the party faithful, not trying to change the party from within and not working to tear the system down. I don’t think we’ll see any change until the current political system is totally disavowed by the population.

• Michaelanthony909 | Jul 18, 2011 at 2:49 pm |

The only reason Dr. Paul is running as a Republican is so his voice/message can be heard and he can participate in the Presidential debates.  Unfortunately, unless you are part of one party or the other, you don’t get to debate, period.  He is a libertarian, which at its core means he is fiscally conservative/small gov’t and socially liberal.  He is not a “Church Law” candidate like most (if not all) the other GOP candidates.  He believes entirely in personal freedoms (including religious freedoms, gay rights, etc), property rights and the Gov’t staying the hell out of the individual’s lives and purses.  Anyone who has a fundamental issue with this is simply looking for a free ride, would prefer the Gov’t hold their hand their entire life and wants no real individual responsibility for themselves.  The human species has not yet discovered the most appropriate form of government, we are only infants when are time on this planet is compared to all other species.  However, the model of Gov’t this country was founded on is the best model to date.  The values of the Gov’t were originally in-line with what we now consider LIBERTARIAN values.  Both Dems and Republicans have shredded our Constitution and Bill of Rights for their own special interests.  Its about damn time we had someone who took their Oath of Office seriously and actually “Defended” these two amazing documents!

3. Ron Paul should be rotoscoped when he’s on TV.

4. Ron Paul should be rotoscoped when he’s on TV.

5. Koukoulofori | Jul 17, 2011 at 1:08 pm |

Ron Paul is nothing more than a Republican austerity hawk. How can anyone take this dullard seriously when he talks about Corporatism? This Libertard supports Corporate Personhood, the very thing that allows Corporatism to flourish. Fucking Austrian School moron! This dickhole is just a self-serving multi-millionaire whose sucked at the public tit for over 20 years. Not running for reelection? Good riddance.

Articles on the history of debt:http://inthearena.blogs.cnn.com/2011/07/05/david-graeber-studied-5000-years-of-debt-real-dirty-secret-is-that-if-the-deficit-ever-completely-went-away-it-would-cause-a-major-catastrophe/http://blog.longnow.org/2010/04/22/debt-the-first-five-thousand-years/

6. Koukoulofori | Jul 17, 2011 at 9:08 am |

• Screw the rest of his policies.. if I don’t agree with him on every one of his positions he must be a self serving jackass! Compared to the other politicians out there his ideas are crap, and he definately lacks the experience.

• Anonymous | Jul 17, 2011 at 12:51 pm |

lol you sir are an idiot

• How appropriate. When I clicked your link, I got,”Sorry, but you are looking for something that isn’t here.”

• Koukoulofori | Jul 17, 2011 at 2:29 pm |

I actually posted two links. Not my fault they didn’t post right. Anyway, here they are again, hopefully they work this time. Not that it matters. http://alturl.com/ozgz6 & http://alturl.com/kyycf

7. Anonymous | Jul 17, 2011 at 2:03 pm |

8. It blows my mind to think that under The Clinton Administration we had a balanced budget and to think of where we are now.

9. jasonpaulhayes | Jul 17, 2011 at 12:45 pm |

10. Anonymous | Jul 17, 2011 at 4:51 pm |

lol you sir are an idiot

11. We shall see what he can do in the Presidential Debates, speaking is his strong point and he dares to say what fer candidates will. He’s for ending the “War on Drugs” and that has the biggest implication for balancing the budget IMO, yet he did say Evolution was “Just a theory to my knowledge”, hopefully just pandering to his base and not holding that as a position on the subject. If he ware running Independent I just might vote for him but I will never Vote for a Republican, I refuse to live under Church Law and that’s what they primarily stand for since Reagan radicalized and empowered their Neo-Cons base.

12. How appropriate. When I clicked your link, I got,”Sorry, but you are looking for something that isn’t here.”

13. Koukoulofori | Jul 17, 2011 at 6:29 pm |