Preacher Protests The Midnight Harry Potter Screening

“You have stuff on your head, Jesus has stuff in his heart.” A bible-loving preacher, AKA comedian Paul Gale, ruffles feathers when he comes out to protest the deviance of the New York City midnight premier of Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows Pt. 2. His voice sounds like a soft Southern wind:

23 Comments on "Preacher Protests The Midnight Harry Potter Screening"

1. What a waste of time.

2. What a waste of time.

3. I cant wait until the CDC fill up the FEMA Camps with Zombies aka Religious Extremists.

4. jasonpaulhayes | Jul 21, 2011 at 12:29 pm |

Fear Factory – Act Of God http://pl.st/s/770344721

5. Hadrian999 | Jul 21, 2011 at 5:08 pm |

i wonder how many free thinkers will call this guy a zombie and fail to notice it’s a comedian doing a bit

6. Hadrian999 | Jul 21, 2011 at 1:08 pm |

7. Anonymous | Jul 21, 2011 at 6:20 pm |

stop giving in to fiction. Start giving in to faith. hahahahaha

8. stop giving in to fiction. Start giving in to faith. hahahahaha

9. fake

10. fake

11. Anonymous | Jul 21, 2011 at 7:44 pm |

This is kind of a waste of time, but it reminded me of how much Harry Potter is a “jesus” story and I haven’t been able to shake that feeling since I saw the final film

12. Anonymous | Jul 21, 2011 at 7:44 pm |

13. MoralDrift | Jul 21, 2011 at 3:44 pm |

I’m very tempted to see what would happen if I started a Church of Potter…

besides being sued by JK Rowling

• It’s the “greatest story ever told,” so it’s going to be used again and again. It was already a best seller when they invented Jesus out of Krishna, Ra, Marduk etc.

14. i can’t stand these atheists.  so, one atheist is like “I know, i have an idea.  I will just treat everybody the way I feel I was treated, that way it teaches everyone a lesson and it can be funny at the same time.”  No, this is so serious that it’s not even funny.  and screw this dude for thinking this is such an original idea, to troll the shit out of people on the street.  i’m surprised the people in the line were that calm.  this guy IS a zombie.. an unoriginal one at that.  it pisses me off because what this guy is doing for a laugh is actually what happens within our society.. where the abused become the abuser without even knowing it.  this is stupid.  i can’t believe i have strained my fingers even typing this.

15. i can’t stand these atheists.  so, one atheist is like “I know, i have an idea.  I will just treat everybody the way I feel I was treated, that way it teaches everyone a lesson and it can be funny at the same time.”  No, this is so serious that it’s not even funny.  and screw this dude for thinking this is such an original idea, to troll the shit out of people on the street.  i’m surprised the people in the line were that calm.  this guy IS a zombie.. an unoriginal one at that.  it pisses me off because what this guy is doing for a laugh is actually what happens within our society.. where the abused become the abuser without even knowing it.  this is stupid.  i can’t believe i have strained my fingers even typing this.

• jasonpaulhayes | Jul 21, 2011 at 8:09 pm |

You’re not mad at him you’re mad at your father!

• jasonpaulhayes | Jul 21, 2011 at 8:09 pm |

You’re not mad at him you’re mad at your father!

• jpaulgale | Jul 24, 2011 at 10:59 pm |

I definitely didn’t think that it was “such an original idea.” Nothing anyone does is. Not even your post. I just thought it would be a fun and “subversive” thing to do. I also clearly did knowingly become the abuser. I don’t know what you mean by that.Honestly, the video was really hard to make; I was being treated like an awful asshole, because my character was an awful asshole. Remember that there are 28 minutes of footage. These 3 were the most interesting. I was as nice as one could be while decrying a movie in front of its biggest fans. I did my best to avoid attacking the people themselves, because that’s just hate, and, as a result, isn’t funny. I took like 20 seconds of people’s time at the most. If anything, I made their nights a little more interesting, I think.In retrospect, I wish that I was a little clearer about my inauthenticity. That would’ve been nicer for the people in line, as well as the viewer.I can’t win them all, and I definitely won’t try, but I figured I would add my two cents to the discussion. I hope you respect them. I certainly respect yours.

16. Anonymous | Jul 21, 2011 at 10:28 pm |

17. You’re not mad at him you’re mad at your father!

18. Hey “Guest.” I’m sorry that you think I’m an unoriginal zombie. What do you mean by “zombie?”