Texas Board Of Education Unanimously Rejects Creationist Textbooks

creationism-4In a shocking turn of events, creationism’s great white hope, Texas, has decided to continue teaching basic biology and natural history in its public school system. The National Center for Science Education writes:

The Texas Board of Education has unanimously come down on the side of evolution. In 14-0 vote, the board today approved scientifically accurate high school biology textbook supplements from established mainstream publishers–and did not approve the creationist-backed supplements from International Databases, LLC.

Dr. Eugenie Scott, NCSE’s Executive Director is celebrating the decision. “These supplements reflect the overwhelming scientific consensus that evolution is the core of modern biology, and is a central and vital concept in any biology class. That these supplements were adopted unanimously reflects a long overdue change in the board. I commend the board for its refusal to politicize science education.”

50 Comments on "Texas Board Of Education Unanimously Rejects Creationist Textbooks"

1. Hadrian999 | Jul 25, 2011 at 9:26 pm |

honestly, I am shocked

2. Hadrian999 | Jul 25, 2011 at 5:26 pm |

honestly, I am shocked

3. Anonymous | Jul 25, 2011 at 9:48 pm |

Good job Texas, nice to know you’re not entirely crazy.

4. Good job Texas, nice to know you’re not entirely crazy.

5. Anonymous | Jul 25, 2011 at 9:54 pm |

thank god?

6. Anonymous | Jul 25, 2011 at 9:54 pm |

thank god?

7. Jin The Ninja | Jul 25, 2011 at 5:54 pm |

thank god?

8. Faggot Killer | Jul 25, 2011 at 10:07 pm |

Hey there little faggot I’ve been reading every single one of your posts and I want my big, fat hairy, long cock in your mouth! BAKKACK BAKKACK BAKKACK!

9. Rex Vestri | Jul 25, 2011 at 10:19 pm |

I’m amazed!  Texas (my home state) finally made an intelligent decision about something.  Good job Texas!
    Far too many of my fellow Texans are religious “fundie” idiots that want to impose their morals and beliefs upon everyone else and sit around with their heads up their asses watching (and believing) FOX ‘News’ Channel. I’m glad to see that the Board of Education has shown some good judgement.

10. Rex Vestri | Jul 25, 2011 at 6:19 pm |

By the way – I’m PMSL at that picture of Jesus holding a baby dinosaur! Hilarious!

• Anarchy Pony | Jul 25, 2011 at 10:58 pm |

I dunno, I think it’s kinda creepy. The way it’s a Jurassic Park velociraptor just makes me have JP flashbacks… they should all be destroyed…

• “religious “fundie” idiots that want to impose their morals and beliefs upon everyone else” – yet these idiots are the same people who complain about big government that’s interfering with their lives and liberty.

11. he he he

12. Hadrian999 | Jul 25, 2011 at 11:47 pm |

wow I’ve never had some one come out to me before

13. Hadrian999 | Jul 25, 2011 at 7:47 pm |

wow I’ve never had some one come out to me before

• He probably meant to type in “Maggot Killer”, because he hates flies. 🙂

• THAT BITCH!!! THAT WAS MY INTERNET STALKER AND YOU CAN”T HAVE HIM!!!!
      HADRIAN!…STAY AWAY FROM MY STALKER! HE”S MINE…AND IF I CAN”T HAVE HIM TO MYSELF…NO ONE CAN!! I’LL KILL HIM BEFORE I SHARE HIM!!!

• Tuna Ghost | Jul 28, 2011 at 1:40 am |

I can’t see his comment, but anyone with the handle “Faggot Killer” is so in the closet he’s finding Christmas presents

14. DeepCough | Jul 26, 2011 at 12:06 am |

Wait, hold on a sec: the Texas Board of Education REJECTED creationism in their textbooks?

……Does this mean that Texas is evolving?

15. DeepCough | Jul 25, 2011 at 8:06 pm |

……Does this mean that Texas is evolving?

16. RoboBagons | Jul 26, 2011 at 12:54 am |

Best news yet! Keep it up Texas!

17. RoboBagons | Jul 25, 2011 at 8:54 pm |

Best news yet! Keep it up Texas!

18. Anonymous | Jul 26, 2011 at 12:55 am |

LOL. You do to play the skin flute don’t you?

19. Anonymous | Jul 26, 2011 at 2:42 am |

Well it had to happen eventually… I never believed any of that world ending crap that always gets posted here… but with this news, I must say that hell must be frozen and its only a matter of time before the world explodes.

20. FusionSaint | Jul 25, 2011 at 10:42 pm |

21. Anarchy Wolf | Jul 26, 2011 at 2:52 am |

Yeah uuuhhh… Praise… Jesus?

22. Anarchy Wolf | Jul 26, 2011 at 2:58 am |

23. Anonymous | Jul 26, 2011 at 5:33 am |

if you want to stop it just press and hold the b button……..

24. can i get a poster of the picture?

25. can i get a poster of the picture?

26. Hannahbear999 | Jul 26, 2011 at 7:48 am |

Let’s hope that the teachers will follow through and teach evolution without a wink-wink to the students.

27. Hannahbear999 | Jul 26, 2011 at 3:48 am |

28. Tuna Ghost | Jul 26, 2011 at 10:18 am |

Well, I’m not really shocked, there’s simply no way they could have done otherwise.  But do keep in mind that this same state’s Board of Education also went through text books deleting any information that they claimed had a “liberal bias”, such as contributions to our nation made by Thomas Jefferson, anyone of Latin descent, and anything that hints that black music is actually a part of American culture.

29. Tuna Ghost | Jul 26, 2011 at 6:18 am |

30. He probably meant to type in “Maggot Killer”, because he hates flies. 🙂

31. “religious “fundie” idiots that want to impose their morals and beliefs upon everyone else” – yet these idiots are the same people who complain about big government that’s interfering with their lives and liberty.

32. THAT BITCH!!! THAT WAS MY INTERNET STALKER AND YOU CAN”T HAVE HIM!!!!

33. Chris Mounce | Jul 26, 2011 at 6:21 pm |

And Jesus said to his disciples render unto Darwin what is Darwin’s.

34. Chris Mounce | Jul 26, 2011 at 2:21 pm |

And Jesus said to his disciples render unto Darwin what is Darwin’s.

35. Tuna Ghost | Jul 28, 2011 at 5:40 am |

36. Tom Cruise | Aug 3, 2011 at 3:45 pm |

Why does the liberal left proclaim that they are the only intelligent beings out there….. to suggest that Christians are idiots because of their faith is about as idiotic as one can get.

I don’t make fun of your beliefs, such as they are, why is it ok to be derisive of Christians?

Suggesting that ‘scientifically accurate’ evolutionism must, by definition, exclude the concept of divine creation is actually fundamentally moronic.

37. Tom Cruise | Aug 3, 2011 at 3:45 pm |