The Ultimate Harry Potter Fan Maze

potter mazeHarry Potter mania in the UK is threatened only by the great phone hacking scandal. Check out the maze created by a farmer in the north of England, via the Yorkshire Post:

A Yorkshire farmer has created the world’s largest spot the difference competition as a tribute to Harry Potter.

Tom Pearcy has carefully cut out two portraits of the boy wizard in his crop of maize plants at his field near York. With some subtle differences between the two images it creates the world’s largest spot the difference competition. At over 50m in diameter each head is also believed to be the largest image of Daniel Radcliffe ever created.

The images have been painstakingly carved out of over one million living maize plants. The 10km of pathways form an intricate maze for visitors to explore. The York Maze is the largest maize maze in Europe and one of the largest in the world.

Mr Pearcy said: “I’m a big fan of Harry Potter and the release of the final film this summer marks the end of an era. I wanted to do something imaginative to say farewell to Harry, so creating the biggest image of him ever made and making it a spot the difference competition seemed like an interesting way to do that.”…

[continues in the Yorkshire Post]

majestic

Majestic is gadfly emeritus.

Latest posts by majestic (see all)

20 Comments on "The Ultimate Harry Potter Fan Maze"

1. Wizardsrule | Jul 12, 2011 at 6:05 pm |

“largest image of Daniel Radcliffe ever created” lol I would have to agree with it being the end of an era.  The HP series really has raised the bar for the fantasy genre.  Even if all my faith in Hollywood has been lost, at least I know they will have to try and top this at some point.

2. Wizardsrule | Jul 12, 2011 at 2:05 pm |

3. wizard troll | Jul 12, 2011 at 6:07 pm |

thats pretty kool

4. wizard troll | Jul 12, 2011 at 2:07 pm |

thats pretty kool

5. Roseannnull | Jul 12, 2011 at 9:03 pm |

Anything Harry Potter is my cup of butter beer.

6. Roseannnull | Jul 12, 2011 at 5:03 pm |

Anything Harry Potter is my cup of butter beer.

7. This new crop circle is obviously the work of Aliens! No human hand could make something that complex! 🙂

8. This new crop circle is obviously the work of Aliens! No human hand could make something that complex! 🙂

9. Hadrian999 | Jul 12, 2011 at 10:47 pm |

so many adults reading children’s books shocks me

10. Hadrian999 | Jul 12, 2011 at 6:47 pm |

so many adults reading children’s books shocks me

• GoodDoktorBad | Jul 12, 2011 at 7:43 pm |

Really? You haven’t noticed that all adults are children playing “adult” roles?

I never grew up, I just got a better vocabulary and a bigger cock (sorta). lol

• Hadrian999 | Jul 12, 2011 at 9:06 pm |

I am probably just being petulant because people these think harry potter is part of the occult, drives me fucking nuts

• GoodDoktorBad | Jul 12, 2011 at 9:33 pm |

There are a few vague occult truisms in there somewhere. Although I can’t think of any right now….

Still, the movies were fun in my opinion. I never read the books.

11. Anonymous | Jul 12, 2011 at 11:43 pm |

Really? You haven’t noticed that all adults are children playing “adult” roles?

I never grew up, I just got a better vocabulary and a bigger cock (sorta). lol

12. Anonymous | Jul 12, 2011 at 11:46 pm |

Do this with a field of weed.

Smokin’ with Harry Pot-ter.

Prof. Snape is a buzzkill though, I hope he doesn’t show up.

13. GoodDoktorBad | Jul 12, 2011 at 7:46 pm |

Do this with a field of weed.

Smokin’ with Harry Pot-ter.

Prof. Snape is a buzzkill though, I hope he doesn’t show up.

14. Hadrian999 | Jul 13, 2011 at 1:06 am |

15. Anonymous | Jul 13, 2011 at 1:33 am |

Still, the movies were fun in my opinion. I never read the books.

16. Hard to say if I’m amazed or it’s just extremely freaky…

17. Hard to say if I’m amazed or if it’s just extremely freaky…