Get A Bot To Live As You Online

e0b66b6279cf776ff69b5db0d8ca4547-origrep.licants.org enables you to hand over control of your Facebook or Twitter account to a bot that simulates your speech patterns, personality, and interests. Your online friendships and connections will be maintained and even enriched and expanded, while you get to play outside in the sunshine:

rep.licants.org is a web service allowing users to install an artificial intelligence (bot) on their Facebook and/or Twitter account. From keywords, content analysis and activity analysis, the bot attempts to simulate the activity of the user, to improve it by feeding his account and to create new contacts with other users.

Social networks are the first medium showing the social success of a person via a statistical way (eg number of friends on Facebook or followers on Twitter). For many users, reaching the hoped-for success can become a tough and difficult task. Especially when some human factors such as shyness, introversion or personal worth are present.

The bot does not born with a fictitious identity, but will be added to the real identity of the user to modify it at his convenience. Thus, this bot can be seen as a virtual prothesis added to an user’s account. With the aim to help him to forge a digital identity of what he would really like to be and by trying to build a greater social reputation for the user. Moreover, this bot can be perceived as a threat by defrauding even more the reality of who is really who on social networks and by showing the poverty of our social interactions on these so-called social networks.

42 Comments on "Get A Bot To Live As You Online"

1. Anonymous | Aug 2, 2011 at 4:27 pm |

On the run from the law, and need to cover your escape? Well, you should probably just stay out of trouble, but I suppose you could use it for this too.

2. Have a relative who doesn’t use social networking? Get them one of these for the Holidays and pretend you’re keeping in touch.

3. Markov Cheney | Aug 2, 2011 at 4:59 pm |

This is beautiful..

4. Markov Cheney | Aug 2, 2011 at 12:59 pm |

This is beautiful..

5. Anonymous | Aug 2, 2011 at 5:14 pm |

I just paid $ 23.86 for an iPhone and my girlfriend loves her Dell laptop that we got for $ 38.76 there arriving tomorrow by UPS I will never pay such expensive retail prices in stores again. Especially when I also sold a 42 inch LED TV to my boss for $ 665 which only cost me $ 62,81 to buy. Here is the website we use to get it all from, GrabPenny.com

6. Anonymous | Aug 2, 2011 at 5:14 pm |

7. Anonymous | Aug 2, 2011 at 5:14 pm |

8. Hadrian999 | Aug 2, 2011 at 5:29 pm |

wait til your little E-homunculus becomes self aware and goes all single white female on you and tries to bump you off

9. Hadrian999 | Aug 2, 2011 at 5:29 pm |

10. Hadrian999 | Aug 2, 2011 at 1:29 pm |

• If it was actually called “E-homunculus,” I’d install it without thinking twice.

• Nirvanasteve | Aug 3, 2011 at 5:56 pm |

These Homunculuses (Homunculi?) are also powered by a word, and that word is “like”.

11. Markov Cheney | Aug 2, 2011 at 6:54 pm |

I’ve just tried this out, and unfortunately the posts it makes are engrishry and at the bottom of the posts it says in gray text, “via Rep.licants.org”

Guess ya better program your own for sock puppets

12. Markov Cheney | Aug 2, 2011 at 2:54 pm |

Guess ya better program your own for sock puppets

13. Bleep Blarp ..  via rep.licants.org

14. jasonpaulhayes | Aug 2, 2011 at 3:01 pm |

Bleep Blarp ..  via rep.licants.org

• Markov Cheney | Aug 2, 2011 at 3:28 pm |

In the way of this post, I am reading much informations into the subject! Oh my!

15. Anonymous | Aug 2, 2011 at 7:16 pm |

16. Markov Cheney | Aug 2, 2011 at 7:28 pm |

17. Anonymous | Aug 2, 2011 at 8:21 pm |

sounds like a great way to gain access to all kind of private details like phone numbers and addresses from people who give this access to their accounts and from the friends of those people. They even admit on a different project (if you go to the parent url and poke around a bit) that they’ve hacked some people’s facebook accounts to steal private messages.

18. quartz99 | Aug 2, 2011 at 4:21 pm |

19. Anonymous | Aug 2, 2011 at 9:09 pm |

Oh goody, now even our leisure time is being automated.

20. Redacted | Aug 2, 2011 at 5:09 pm |

Oh goody, now even our leisure time is being automated.

21. Markov Cheney | Aug 2, 2011 at 9:29 pm |

Good thing I don’t have any real facebook accounts

22. Just like the stock market is now just a bunch of computers trading with computers (except for a choice morsel of day-trader roadkill), Facebook and Orkut… er Google + will be a bunch of computers cross-posting with a bunch of computers.

23. Just like the stock market is now just a bunch of computers trading with computers (except for a choice morsel of day-trader roadkill), Facebook and Orkut… er Google + will be a bunch of computers cross-posting with a bunch of computers.

• Anarchy Pony | Aug 2, 2011 at 10:49 pm |

Then the uncomfortable questions start, like: WTF is the point?

• Having an AI study social habits might be useful. In return for opening your habits to it, it manages some of your tasks?

• Anarchy Pony | Aug 3, 2011 at 6:48 pm |

• Markov Cheney | Aug 3, 2011 at 8:57 am |

Ah, but these are the important questions

24. As in gaming I call out HAXORS!!!

25. As in gaming I call out HAXORS!!!

26. Old Soul | Aug 3, 2011 at 2:49 am |

Then the uncomfortable questions start, like: WTF is the point?

27. Anonymous | Aug 3, 2011 at 4:29 am |

28. Markov Cheney | Aug 3, 2011 at 12:57 pm |

Ah, but these are the important questions

29. Unless it can go to work for me and still send me the paycheck…I’m not interested.

30. Unless it can go to work for me and still send me the paycheck…I’m not interested.

31. DeepCough | Aug 3, 2011 at 7:27 pm |

“Do Androids Tweet About Electric Sheep?”

32. DeepCough | Aug 3, 2011 at 3:27 pm |

“Do Androids Tweet About Electric Sheep?”

33. Nirvanasteve | Aug 3, 2011 at 9:56 pm |

34. As far as I can tell, all the study of sociology and habits and behaviorism all only seem to go to furthering technologies and techniques for controlling and managing people. Instead of simply using it to understand, it’s used to control or influence people without their consent.