Thanks to Comics Alliance for this magick moment from Grant Morrison:

Just what the headline says, people. Grant Morrison performed this song during a recent event at Meltdown Comics in Los Angeles, thanks to the urging of My Chemical Romance frontman (and Umbrella Academy writer) Gerard Way. As Way explained, Morrison was given this song by the spirit of John Lennon, which Morrison communed with in a magic ritual while writing The Invisibles

majestic

Majestic is gadfly emeritus.

Latest posts by majestic (see all)

28 Comments on "Grant Morrison Sings a Song Given to Him by John Lennon in a Magick Ritual [Video]"

1. Dustbust23 | Aug 7, 2011 at 1:46 pm |

Just draw comics. John Lennon should magically kick you in the junk for singing.

2. Dustbust23 | Aug 7, 2011 at 9:46 am |

• He does not draw the comics, he just writes them. But I agree that he probably should not give up his day job for a record contract…LOL

• Carlos Panzram | Aug 7, 2011 at 4:16 pm |

• Dustbust23 | Aug 7, 2011 at 9:33 pm |

It’s not an article, it is a video of a mediocre performance in my opinion. But, thanks for telling me to shut up, and sorry for stepping on your geek toes. You can get back to blowing Grant now.

• Giving someone respect for being skilled in more than one discipline does not constitute “blowing”  them.  I thought the song was touching and in typical style of Grant, is playful with consensus norms.  Have a nice day.

• Markov Cheney | Aug 8, 2011 at 8:28 am |

u mad bro?

3. He does not draw the comics, he just writes them. But I agree that he probably should not give up his day job for a record contract…LOL

4. Just read articles. Grant Morrison should magically kick you in the junk for commenting.

5. Hahaha Grant this is so funny. It actually sounds more like Oasis than the Beatles

6. Eldritch | Aug 7, 2011 at 8:01 pm |

7. If he took some formal voice lessons, Moz might be an awesomely good singer! It’s not like he’s Rebecca Black.

8. If he took some formal voice lessons, Moz might be an awesomely good singer! It’s not like he’s Rebecca Black.

9. Hadrian999 | Aug 8, 2011 at 1:15 am |

John Lennon’s ghost sounds like an ego maniac

10. Hadrian999 | Aug 7, 2011 at 9:15 pm |

John Lennon’s ghost sounds like an ego maniac

11. Dustbust23 | Aug 8, 2011 at 1:33 am |

12. Man…what I’d give to still have mu old copies of The Invisibles…great series that.

13. Man…what I’d give to still have mu old copies of The Invisibles…great series that.

14. Anonymous | Aug 8, 2011 at 3:42 am |

Dude. The Invisibles, Rock.

15. Camronwiltshire | Aug 8, 2011 at 4:25 am |

16. Markov Cheney | Aug 8, 2011 at 12:28 pm |

u mad bro?

17. Tuna Ghost | Aug 8, 2011 at 1:40 pm |

I must be having a stroke, because i actually agree with you

18. Tuna Ghost | Aug 8, 2011 at 1:40 pm |

Did you ever read The Filth?  Just as good.  Probably my favorite Morrison rag.

19. Tuna Ghost | Aug 8, 2011 at 1:41 pm |

Oh Grant, I hope you never go away.

20. Tuna Ghost | Aug 8, 2011 at 9:41 am |

Oh Grant, I hope you never go away.