Honor Your Loved One’s Memory By Firing Away

Shotgun ShellVia Neatorama:

If you’d like to go out with a bang, Holy Smoke LLC offers to pack your cremated ashes (or those of your loved ones) into ammunition cartridges. You tell them the caliber or gauge, ship the remains to them, and they’ll load the cartridges:

Once the caliber, gauge and other ammunition parameters have been selected, we will ask you (by way of your funeral service provider) to send approximately one pound of the decadent’s ash to us. Upon receiving the ashes our professional and reverent staff will place a measured portion of ash into each shot-shell or cartridge.[…]

Our return shipment to the sender will be the finished ammunition, boxed in available labeled ammunition boxes. We also offer mantle-worthy wooden carriers with engraved name plates. Your return shipment will also include any unused ash in a separate, labeled container.

More on Neatorama

27 Comments on "Honor Your Loved One’s Memory By Firing Away"

1. Anonymous | Aug 2, 2011 at 11:24 am |

How do I go about having my ashes mixed into a nuke, and detonated on or around Wall Street?

2. Redacted | Aug 2, 2011 at 7:24 am |

3. Anonymous | Aug 2, 2011 at 5:15 pm |

I just paid $ 23.86 for an iPhone and my girlfriend loves her Dell laptop that we got for $ 38.76 there arriving tomorrow by UPS I will never pay such expensive retail prices in stores again. Especially when I also sold a 42 inch LED TV to my boss for $ 665 which only cost me $ 62,81 to buy. Here is the website we use to get it all from, GrabPenny.com

4. Anonymous | Aug 2, 2011 at 5:15 pm |

5. Anonymous | Aug 2, 2011 at 5:15 pm |

6. I wonder what the Bloods and Crips think about this.

7. jasonpaulhayes | Aug 2, 2011 at 3:21 pm |

I wonder what the Bloods and Crips think about this.

8. Leornere | Aug 2, 2011 at 7:26 pm |

“…to send approximately one pound of the decadent’s ash….” Decadent, as a noun, is “a person in a condition or process of mental or moral decay” according to The (online) Free Dictionary by Farlex. Is it just a typo, or are we expected to assume the idea is decadent? 😉
    At any rate, the  d e c e a s e d,  even if indeed decadent during his/her life, must be considered somewhat beyond that state now.

9. Leornere | Aug 2, 2011 at 3:26 pm |

10. Stelling8601 | Aug 2, 2011 at 9:28 pm |

definitely a typo, however a funny one at that….decedent*

11. Anonymous | Aug 2, 2011 at 10:31 pm |

Definitely a step up from pouring a 40oz on the sidewalk.

12. Anonymous | Aug 3, 2011 at 8:06 am |

Dead Capitalists will be my tombstone.

13. Actually my brothers and I did this with our fathers ashes, except we loaded them ourselves.  We then fired them off at a memorial skeet shoot held in his honor.  It was a last request, and it helps us remember  him as he truly was: totally nuts.  Which is tough legacy to live up to.

14. Actually my brothers and I did this with our fathers ashes, except we loaded them ourselves.  We then fired them off at a memorial skeet shoot held in his honor.  It was a last request, and it helps us remember  him as he truly was: totally nuts.  Which is tough legacy to live up to.

15. Yours is one of the coolest tributes I’ve ever read.

16. Definitely more suiting for avenging the murder of my father

17. Definitely more suiting for avenging the murder of my father

18. Definitely more suiting for avenging the murder of my father

19. Definitely more suiting for avenging the murder of my father

20. Anonymous | Aug 25, 2011 at 9:10 am |

Every soldier has been remember their own memories when they were soldier.

21. Matteosmith | Aug 25, 2011 at 5:10 am |

Every soldier has been remember their own memories when they were soldier.

22. Anonymous | Aug 27, 2011 at 6:26 am |