No 9/11 10th Anniversary Threats

From Reuters:

There have been no credible or specific threats against the United States yet ahead of the tenth anniversary of the September 11 attacks, Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano said Wednesday.

U.S. officials have been on high alert for possible plots to reprise in some form of the September 11, 2001 attacks in which al Qaeda operatives hijacked commercial airliners and crashed them into the World Trade Center and the Pentagon.

“We have no specific or credible threats involving the 9/11 anniversary to date,” she told reporters during a news conference on an unrelated subject…

majestic

Majestic is gadfly emeritus.

Latest posts by majestic (see all)

20 Comments on "No 9/11 10th Anniversary Threats"

1. DeepCough | Aug 3, 2011 at 5:57 pm |

The War on Terror is the Cold War of the 21st century: it’s all about the arms race established by the military industrial complex which started well before Eisenhower was a presidential candidate.

2. DeepCough | Aug 3, 2011 at 1:57 pm |

3. ObviousThings | Aug 3, 2011 at 6:22 pm |

Isn’t it common knowledge now that 9/11 was an inside job?

I travel all around the world, that is the general consensus.

Maybe the MSM is lagging behind…

4. ObviousThings | Aug 3, 2011 at 6:22 pm |

Isn’t it common knowledge now that 9/11 was an inside job?

I travel all around the world, that is the general consensus.

Maybe the MSM is lagging behind…

5. ObviousThings | Aug 3, 2011 at 6:22 pm |

Isn’t it common knowledge now that 9/11 was an inside job?

I travel all around the world, that is the general consensus.

Maybe the MSM is lagging behind…

6. ObviousThings | Aug 3, 2011 at 2:22 pm |

Isn’t it common knowledge now that 9/11 was an inside job?

I travel all around the world, that is the general consensus.

Maybe the MSM is lagging behind…

• Tuna Ghost | Aug 4, 2011 at 12:07 pm |

Ah, no.  That theory is and always has been a minority opinion, here and abroad.

7. Penguins4life | Aug 3, 2011 at 6:27 pm |

O so people are supposed to expect a terror attack every holiday and 9/11? Interesting. And Im sure this notification to the public was necessary because we cant let people forget there is danger afoot!

8. Penguins4life | Aug 3, 2011 at 2:27 pm |

9. Commonsense | Aug 3, 2011 at 6:57 pm |

“September 11, 2001 attacks in which al Qaeda operatives hijacked commercial airliners and crashed them into the World Trade Center and the Pentagon.”
    Oh, there’s a great fiction story about this. I think the book was called, “The 9/11 Commission Report” or something like that. I read it 6 years ago, only a fiction story can create a scenario where skinny middle-eastern men take control of a jumbo jet using only box cutters. Ha ha, priceless.

No worries though, you are more likely to be struck by lightning than be killed in a terrorist attack.

This will never stop because Janet Napolitano, the DHS, and the TSA ARE the terrorists they claim to be looking for. (i.e. If I’m the lead detective of a police department and I commit a murder. When the department ask me to investigate the murder, do you think I’m going to accuse myself or find myself guilty?)

10. Commonsense | Aug 3, 2011 at 2:57 pm |

• Tuna Ghost | Aug 4, 2011 at 12:06 pm |

Wait, what?  The phonecalls from passengers on the plane calling their loved ones telling them arabic men armed with box cutters had taken over the plane isn’t credible to you?  Jesus, even Truthers accept that much and most of them are borderline retarded.

11. Anonymous | Aug 3, 2011 at 7:24 pm |

And yet, I would lay odds that we’ll see even tighter “security” *cough*theater*cough* the closer we get to it.

12. quartz99 | Aug 3, 2011 at 3:24 pm |

13. The biggest 9/11 10th Anniversary Threat is the 9/11 10th Anniversary itself.

14. BuzzCoastin | Aug 3, 2011 at 10:30 pm |

The biggest 9/11 10th Anniversary Threat is the 9/11 10th Anniversary itself.

15. No credible threats? I guess the CIA must be tied up in Libya arming and training rebel terrorists.

16. Marklar_Prime | Aug 3, 2011 at 11:57 pm |