Rick Perry Believes Climate Change Can Be Solved With Prayer

Rick Perry. Photo: Gage Skidmore (CC)

Rick Perry. Photo: Gage Skidmore (CC)

That and more revelations from Republican presidential hopeful Rick Perry via Rolling Stone:

No politician who aspires to the Oval Office has shown any courage when it comes to talking frankly about climate change – President Obama won’t even say the words. But Perry’s view that the consequences of a changing climate – such as the hot, dry weather that has devastated farmers and ranchers in Texas and driven wildfires that have burned up millions of acres – is best handled by praying to God for relief puts him in a category of his own. Craven political move or sign of a return of the Dark Ages? Either way, it’s safe to say that a man who believes he can solve drought with prayer is not going to be big on pushing any kind of government action to reduce carbon pollution. “If Perry was President, one of the things I’d not worry about is a carbon tax,” said Grover Norquist, president of Americans for Tax Reform. “I’d worry about big spiders eating New Jersey first.”…

[read the rest at Rolling Stone]

majestic

Majestic is gadfly emeritus.

Latest posts by majestic (see all)

43 Comments on "Rick Perry Believes Climate Change Can Be Solved With Prayer"

1. That trouser snake doesn’t even believe that it’s happening.

2. Anarchy Pony | Aug 21, 2011 at 2:52 pm |

That trouser snake doesn’t even believe that it’s happening.

3. it’s funny how atheist would reply the same way but as a figure of speech, God save us all

4. it’s funny how atheist would reply the same way but as a figure of speech, God save us all

5. “Prayer without action is no prayer at all. You have to work as if everything depended on you, and leave the rest to God.”     —  Mother Teresa

6. “Prayer without action is no prayer at all. You have to work as if everything depended on you, and leave the rest to God.”     —  Mother Teresa

7. DeepCough | Aug 21, 2011 at 8:59 pm |

“God helps those who help them-fucking-selves.” ~God

8. DeepCough | Aug 21, 2011 at 8:59 pm |

“God helps those who help them-fucking-selves.” ~God

9. DeepCough | Aug 21, 2011 at 4:59 pm |

“God helps those who help them-fucking-selves.” ~God

10. Anonymous | Aug 21, 2011 at 10:06 pm |

11. Gonna need to upgrade the Tea Party’s Hoveround to a V8 to carry this load of bullshit.

12. If only Frank Zappa were here to eviscerate these assholes via biting commentary and satirical lyrics.

I await the Second Coming of Frank. It is the only way to counteract this Republitard-religious bullshit.

13. If only Frank Zappa were here to eviscerate these assholes via biting commentary and satirical lyrics.

14. Speaking of this douche, in the woeful event his presidential bid actually picks up steam, I’d like to spread awareness of his involvement with the Bilderbergs (I’ll probably post something on here later if it hasn’t been done already). Here’s a link to a Facebook you can “like” to help spread awareness. I’ll be adding updates about his involvement and the Bilderbergs in the future: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rick-Perry-is-a-Bilderberg-Crony/139207959502306

15. Speaking of this douche, in the woeful event his presidential bid actually picks up steam, I’d like to spread awareness of his involvement with the Bilderbergs (I’ll probably post something on here later if it hasn’t been done already). Here’s a link to a Facebook you can “like” to help spread awareness. I’ll be adding updates about his involvement and the Bilderbergs in the future: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rick-Perry-is-a-Bilderberg-Crony/139207959502306

• Hadrian999 | Aug 22, 2011 at 12:45 am |

if this man wins the presidency the American people deserve what ever his administration does to them

16. So when Perry isn’t executing innocent men he spends his time in the Governor’s building praying to God to save us from climate change. Yeah right ! This is exactly what we need in a leader of the free world. An extreme right wing bigot who clings to superstitious mumbo jumbo as a matter of policy. I don’t suppose Parry was ever a ‘B’ movie actor was he ? No ? Oh well, just wondered. It just seemed that we’ve been here before with Candidates, who are as crazy as a box snakes, aspiring to the Whitehouse; and after George W. nothing would surprise me.
    I guess that’s democracy for you. If the majority of the voters want to vote for an incompetent .buffoon then so be it. The Western world is subject to the whim of this halfwit for four years. That might not frighten you, but it scares me shitless !

17. So when Perry isn’t executing innocent men he spends his time in the Governor’s building praying to God to save us from climate change. Yeah right ! This is exactly what we need in a leader of the free world. An extreme right wing bigot who clings to superstitious mumbo jumbo as a matter of policy. I don’t suppose Parry was ever a ‘B’ movie actor was he ? No ? Oh well, just wondered. It just seemed that we’ve been here before with Candidates, who are as crazy as a box snakes, aspiring to the Whitehouse; and after George W. nothing would surprise me.

• Anarchy Pony | Aug 21, 2011 at 10:21 pm |

• It is a representative majority, so I guess that is what is in majority in the States. I live in Canada , but travel to the USA, and wow, some places and people are the stuff of nightmares. I pray before I cross the border though !

18. No what he actually did (he doesn’t believe in climate change) was organize a large prayer rally (a little hitlery) to cure Texas’s drought, solve all the economic problems, cure all the gays and etc. etc. Because all of these things are “beyond our ability to control”. This is not Sparta, this is MADNEEEESSSS!!!!

19. Clan_MooN | Aug 22, 2011 at 2:36 am |

Rick Perry is an idiot.

20. Clan_MooN | Aug 22, 2011 at 2:36 am |

Rick Perry is an idiot.

21. Clan_MooN | Aug 21, 2011 at 10:36 pm |

Rick Perry is an idiot.

22. Hadrian999 | Aug 22, 2011 at 4:45 am |

23. Hadrian999 | Aug 22, 2011 at 4:45 am |

24. Texas Blush | Aug 22, 2011 at 9:27 am |

The man is a Ken doll.

25. Texas Blush | Aug 22, 2011 at 5:27 am |

The man is a Ken doll.

26. I always thought that rubbing a rabbit’s foot was the way ti handle climate change; well live and learn.

27. BuzzCoastin | Aug 22, 2011 at 7:33 am |

I always thought that rubbing a rabbit’s foot was the best way ti handle climate change; well live and learn.

28. Tuna Ghost | Aug 22, 2011 at 12:54 pm |

So, prayer can fix climate change, the economy, and homosexuality.  Shit, this whole time I’ve been using black magic!  I’m such a fool.

29. Tuna Ghost | Aug 22, 2011 at 8:54 am |

• Hahaha! I ROFL so hard my horns got stuck in the carpet.

Prayer, of course!  God dammit, its so simple, how did I miss that!?   Have I been wasting my time studying Crowley all these years?
      “Prayer is the Science and Art of causing ignorance to occur in conformity with mental masturbation.”

30. It is a representative majority, so I guess that is what is in majority in the States. I live in Canada , but travel to the USA, and wow, some places and people are the stuff of nightmares. I pray before I cross the border though !

31. It is a representative majority, so I guess that is what is in majority in the States. I live in Canada , but travel to the USA, and wow, some places and people are the stuff of nightmares. I pray before I cross the border though !

32. Anonymous | Aug 22, 2011 at 3:49 pm |

Hahaha! I ROFL so hard my horns got stuck in the carpet.

33. GrapeSodaWhat | Aug 23, 2011 at 12:45 am |

This guy is retarded. Ron Paul is the only white guy I’m voting for.

34. GrapeSodaWhat | Aug 23, 2011 at 12:45 am |

This guy is retarded. Ron Paul is the only white guy I’m voting for.

35. GrapeSodaWhat | Aug 22, 2011 at 8:45 pm |

This guy is retarded. Ron Paul is the only white guy I’m voting for.

36. I seem to recall climate scientists opening their Mexico conference with a prayer to the moon goddess.
    Any of you greenies bitch about that.

37. MarkGillar | Sep 14, 2011 at 3:49 am |

Any of you greenies bitch about that.