Russian Scientist Photographs The Soul

Photo: sunhome.ruMosNews reports:

The activity of Konstantin Korotkov, deputy director of the St. Petersburg Research Institute of Physical Culture and world-renowned authority on Kirlian photography, was recently highlighted by Life.ru. Korotkov is the developer of the gas-discharge visualization (GDV) technique in Kirlian photography.

Kirlian photography takes its name from Soviet electrician Semyon Kirlian, who discovered the process in 1939. It was the subject of extensive research in the 1970s in the Soviet Union and the West. It is commonly described as photographing an object’s aura. According to a website associated with Korotkov, he “confirmed earlier observations … that the stimulated electro-photonic glow around human fingertips contained astonishingly coherent and comprehensive information about the human state — both physiological and psychological.”

In other words, the GDV technique, which was developed in the late 1990s, can be used for diagnostic and assessment purposes. It is already used to measure stress and monitor the progress of medical treatments. In its most sophisticated form, the GDV technique is incorporated with computer imaging.

[Continues at MosNews]

69 Comments on "Russian Scientist Photographs The Soul"

1. Soccerisevil | Aug 19, 2011 at 8:14 pm |

What no annoying Gaytheists screaming about what crap this is? I’m surpised.

2. Soccerisevil | Aug 19, 2011 at 4:14 pm |

What no annoying Gaytheists screaming about what crap this is? I’m surpised.

• I’d be surprised if anyone able to read would believe in that anyway.

I mean “This is crap!”

• I’d be surprised if anyone able to read would believe in that anyway.

I mean “This is crap!”

• I mean… theres always the possibility that they are photographing “something” such as electromagnetic fields around people. I think its fair to say that we do have an effect on electromagnetic fields (what’s an EEG?)… I just think its a big jump to call it a photograph of the “soul”, or alternatively to claim we already understand the effects of these fields.

• The evangelicals don’t come around here.

• And miss the opportunity to discuss metaphysics with an angry, repressed homosexual? It’s a wonder.

• “gaytheists”?

3. Soccerisevil | Aug 19, 2011 at 4:14 pm |

What no annoying Gaytheists screaming about what crap this is? I’m surpised.

4. I’d be surprised if anyone able to read would believe in that anyway.

I mean “This is crap!”

5. I’d be surprised if anyone able to read would believe in that anyway.

I mean “This is crap!”

6. Tiredofit | Aug 19, 2011 at 8:40 pm |

And this my friends proves the jesus had himself killed by us to save us from himself. amen.

7. Tiredofit | Aug 19, 2011 at 4:40 pm |

8. Tiredofit | Aug 19, 2011 at 4:40 pm |

9. Russian Scientist Photographs some really interesting Photoshop filters. There, fix’t.

10. bobbiethejean | Aug 19, 2011 at 5:31 pm |

11. I mean… theres always the possibility that they are photographing “something” such as electromagnetic fields around people. I think its fair to say that we do have an effect on electromagnetic fields (what’s an EEG?)… I just think its a big jump to call it a photograph of the “soul”, or alternatively to claim we already understand the effects of these fields.

12. Anonymous | Aug 19, 2011 at 10:40 pm |

The evangelicals don’t come around here.

13. Anonymous | Aug 19, 2011 at 10:43 pm |

14. My aura is not purple. That shit is gay. Not that I’m insecure about my sexuality or anything, because I’m a race car driver and former astronaut, and I once bench pressed an elephant.

• MadHierophant | Aug 19, 2011 at 8:49 pm |

Diagnosis: not gay

And you can believe it. This conclusion was reached through the “takes one to know one” method of homo detection.

15. OdinMcHaggis | Aug 19, 2011 at 11:42 pm |

Please use this photography on a bag of cheddar popcorn.

16. OdinMcHaggis | Aug 19, 2011 at 7:42 pm |

Please use this photography on a bag of cheddar popcorn.

• Terraestella | Aug 21, 2011 at 5:03 am |

“scientists have taken GDV photographs of a person as he was dying. In the photos, it could be seen that the area of the belly lost its life force (the purported soul) first, followed by the head. The heart and groin were the last to lose their life force, in that order”

It looks like there’s no need to photograph a bag of cheddar popcorn.

17. Anonymous | Aug 20, 2011 at 12:49 am |

Diagnosis: not gay

18. Anonymous | Aug 20, 2011 at 12:49 am |

Diagnosis: not gay

19. Anonymous | Aug 20, 2011 at 7:23 am |

good point

20. SarahJames0901 | Aug 20, 2011 at 3:23 am |

good point

21. Kushkash77 | Aug 20, 2011 at 1:44 pm |

Seems more like an aura, rather than the soul.  We are made of energy and we emit it from ourselves. Personally, I don’t believe that the pictures are photographing the soul. lol

22. Kushkash77 | Aug 20, 2011 at 9:44 am |

23. And miss the opportunity to discuss metaphysics with an angry, repressed homosexual? It’s a wonder.

24. John Finch7 | Aug 20, 2011 at 4:48 pm |

or maybe she breathed in the lens first

25. John Finch7 | Aug 20, 2011 at 12:48 pm |

or maybe she breathed in the lens first

26. Why does speed reading all these comments make it seem like a bunch of atheists are debunking science?

27. Why does speed reading all these comments make it seem like a bunch of atheists are debunking science?

28. Terraestella | Aug 21, 2011 at 9:03 am |

It looks like there’s no need to photograph a bag of cheddar popcorn.

29. Incredibly misleading title for this news story. A little disappointed, actually.

30. Incredibly misleading title for this news story. A little disappointed, actually.

31. Anonymous | Sep 2, 2011 at 5:29 am |

Very great work Russian Scientist for Photo shoot out the Soul.

32. Tuna Ghost | Sep 2, 2011 at 9:06 am |

Scientists using the GDV technique say that the aura of those who die unexpectedly or violently differs from those who experience a calm death.

…how exactly did they test that?

The souls of the former remain in a state of confusion for several days and return frequently to their bodies, especially at night.

Just in case you thought this wasn’t a real scientific study.

33. Tuna Ghost | Sep 2, 2011 at 9:06 am |

…how exactly did they test that?

Just in case you thought this wasn’t a real scientific study.

34. Tuna Ghost | Sep 2, 2011 at 5:06 am |

…how exactly did they test that?

Just in case you thought this wasn’t a real scientific study.

35. Do animals also have this life aura or is it unique to humans?

36. Sjebling | Sep 4, 2011 at 8:07 am |

Do animals also have this life aura or is it unique to humans?

• justagirl | Sep 4, 2011 at 9:01 am |

yes.  they be walking around in that same sinister rainbow cloud called “toy camera”.

37. justagirl | Sep 4, 2011 at 1:01 pm |

38. Youdaddyy | Sep 4, 2011 at 11:12 pm |

are you some kind of jesus hating muslim if you like we can kill you to stop you from killing yourself

39. Bigdaddyy | Sep 4, 2011 at 11:13 pm |

wow, the russians got the latest release of photoshop…

40. Bigdaddyy | Sep 4, 2011 at 7:13 pm |

wow, the russians got the latest release of photoshop…

41. Anonymous | Sep 5, 2011 at 2:43 pm |

“gaytheists”?

42. Anonymous | Sep 5, 2011 at 2:43 pm |

“gaytheists”?

43. Asbaptista | Sep 5, 2011 at 5:46 pm |

I haven´t read something so BS in the last two years.  I´ll give you a clue.  Guess who sells Kirlian Photograph machines and earns a lot of money with this pseudoscience?  Guess who and give me a break.

44. Asbaptista | Sep 5, 2011 at 1:46 pm |

45. I find this utterly fascinating. The amount of which we don’t know never ceases to amaze me. This will benefit the world leaps and bounds in the future. People are just so naive.

46. I find this utterly fascinating. The amount of which we don’t know never ceases to amaze me. This will benefit the world leaps and bounds in the future. People are just so naive.

47. Anonymous | Sep 7, 2011 at 5:18 am |

I ask you that how to Photograph the Photo?

48. Leudagarsmith | Sep 7, 2011 at 1:18 am |

I ask you that how to Photograph the Photo?

49. sisyphus | Sep 7, 2011 at 7:29 pm |

Who knew it could be so easy?

Please people…skepticism is your friend.  This is in no way scientific.

50. sisyphus | Sep 7, 2011 at 3:29 pm |

Who knew it could be so easy?

Please people…skepticism is your friend.  This is in no way scientific.

• No Mans Land | Sep 8, 2011 at 6:30 pm |

It just Can’t be scientific.  Science is based on assumptions and this is based on photographic evidence.  That it’s the “soul” may be an assumption (a matter of interpretation). It’s anybody’s guess what the camera captured.  Interesting though.

51. Bardenbarden | Sep 8, 2011 at 10:15 am |

I can’t find any reference to “soul” apart from the headline – but then this is of course “Disinformation”.

52. Bardenbarden | Sep 8, 2011 at 6:15 am |

53. They didn’t have photoshop in 1939

54. No Mans Land | Sep 8, 2011 at 10:30 pm |

55. science is what scientists assume and then try to make themselves and rest of us believe in

56. Anonymous | Sep 9, 2011 at 10:07 am |

How could be easy to photo shoot out the picture the soul?

57. Anonymous | Sep 10, 2011 at 6:43 am |

Very good work by the Russian scientist for photo shoot out the Picture of soul.