Texas Governor Rick Perry Joins Presidential Race

Texas governor Rick “I-Have-A-Terrific-Haircut” Perry joins the race for the Republican nomination. Another conservative Christian candidate? What’s the difference between him and Michele Bachmann, aside from genitalia and Bachmann’s crazy-eyes? Arlette Saenz reports on ABC News:

After months of speculation and prodding by Republicans, Texas Governor Rick Perry has officially entered the 2012 race. His spokesman, Mark Miner confirmed that Perry is running for president.

Perry will deliver a speech at the RedState.com Gathering in Charleston, S.C. Saturday. The speech was originally billed as an address that would make clear his intentions regarding a run for the presidency, but now it has turned official.

The Texas Governor will swing through three key early states – South Carolina, New Hampshire and Iowa – this weekend. Following his speech in Charleston, he will meet with S.C. Republican officials before heading to a house party in Greenland, New Hampshire where he will meet with Granite State voters.

Sunday, he will speak at the Black Hawk GOP’s Lincoln Day Dinner Fundraiser in Waterloo, Iowa. Earlier today, Michele Bachmann, who was born in Waterloo, announced she will also speak at the dinner. Perry, the longest serving governor in the country, has never lost a race during his nearly three decades in public office.

Read More: ABC News

TunaGhost

TunaGhost

Tuna Ghost lives in Tokyo and has been a contributor to Japan Times and Kansai Scene.Follow him on twitter (@Tuna_Ghost) to read about US politics, the underground Tokyo metal scene, and which brands of 7-11 wine will make you fight like a homeless werewolf prostitute.
TunaGhost

49 Comments on "Texas Governor Rick Perry Joins Presidential Race"

1. Hooray, maybe now we can have a president that is even dumber than Bush. Is that better than a president crazier than Bush though?(looks at Bachmann)

2. Anarchy Pony | Aug 14, 2011 at 4:37 pm |

3. Can we please put a moratorium on idiots from texas running for the Presidency? Every one of them has monumentally sucked in one way or another. I just think the Texas character and the White House do not a good mix make.

4. Can we please put a moratorium on idiots from texas running for the Presidency? Every one of them has monumentally sucked in one way or another. I just think the Texas character and the White House do not a good mix make.

• Amen dude…Texas has done enough damage to the US and the world already…shit…I’m pretty sure terrorists sit huddled in caves and whisper about Texas in awe…”Damn…I wish we could fuck America up even half as much as those assholes do…that would be so sweet!”

• E.B. Wolf | Aug 15, 2011 at 7:42 pm |

No big deal. I have it on good authority that the Dems are planning on entering a sleeper agent into the republican primary who will be completely irresistible to their base:

• E.B. Wolf | Aug 15, 2011 at 7:49 pm |

My comment was supposed to be accompanied by a picture of Yosemite Sam in full confederate uniform. Damn you Disqus!

5. Anonymous | Aug 14, 2011 at 9:10 pm |

Let me channel my inner Don King:

“ONLY IN AMERICA!”

6. Let me channel my inner Don King:

“ONLY IN AMERICA!”

7. One more nutjob, one less nutjob, and stills have enough nutjobs for everyboy!!!

8. One more nutjob, one less nutjob, and stills have enough nutjobs for everyboy!!!

• MadHierophant | Aug 14, 2011 at 6:24 pm |

But none of the hand, blow, or rim variety.

Well. Unless you’re a corporation. No shortage of people willing to give them a “job”. >_>

9. Amen dude…Texas has done enough damage to the US and the world already…shit…I’m pretty sure terrorists sit huddled in caves and whisper about Texas in awe…”Damn…I wish we could fuck America up even half as much as those assholes do…that would be so sweet!”

10. Amen dude…Texas has done enough damage to the US and the world already…shit…I’m pretty sure terrorists sit huddled in caves and whisper about Texas in awe…”Damn…I wish we could fuck America up even half as much as those assholes do…that would be so sweet!”

11. Anonymous | Aug 14, 2011 at 10:24 pm |

But none of the hand, blow, or rim variety.

12. Anonymous | Aug 14, 2011 at 10:24 pm |

But none of the hand, blow, or rim variety.

13. The Weary | Aug 14, 2011 at 10:42 pm |

You know your’re free to try and prove me wrong but, I don’t think that Perry is remotely respectable or has accomplished anything at all worthwhile. If anything, he is trying to make himself un-respectable. Trying to be as loud and stupid as he possibly can.

14. Anarchy Pony | Aug 14, 2011 at 6:42 pm |

15. he reminds me of the stereotypical evil politician from comic books in the 80’s

16. he reminds me of the stereotypical evil politician from comic books in the 80’s

17. DeepCough | Aug 15, 2011 at 12:16 am |

Obama’s re-election is gonna be a walk in the park.

18. DeepCough | Aug 14, 2011 at 8:16 pm |

Obama’s re-election is gonna be a walk in the park.

19. chinagreenelvis | Aug 15, 2011 at 2:49 am |

Because the last Texas governor president worked out so well.

20. chinagreenelvis | Aug 14, 2011 at 10:49 pm |

Because the last Texas governor president worked out so well.

21. RUN he’s got a gun!!!

22. DrDavidKelly | Aug 15, 2011 at 12:14 am |

RUN he’s got a gun!!!

23. Misinformation | Aug 15, 2011 at 4:21 am |

Hooray?

24. Text from future history book:

“President Perry, well aware of its negative connotations—and unable to understand German anyhow—-decided to change his country’s new salutation from ‘Sieg heil!’ to ‘YEE fuckin’ HAW, ya’ll!'”

25. Text from future history book:

26. Tuna Ghost | Aug 15, 2011 at 7:46 am |

Again, I must ask: what’s the difference between him and Bachmann besides a dangly bit of flesh and crazy eyes?  Do their views differ at all?  I mean, he’s a man, so that already one-ups him in the eyes of the Republican party, and if he’s even slightly less crazy he’s basically eclipsing her.

27. Tuna Ghost | Aug 15, 2011 at 3:46 am |

• No kidding. It’s sad when you’re thinking that Romney looks good compared to all his challengers… then again, maybe that’s the whole plan. He looks fairly sane when held up against these two.

28. Tyler Durden | Aug 15, 2011 at 12:41 pm |

That seems to be the plan.

29. DeepCough | Aug 15, 2011 at 2:50 pm |

Hey, I didn’t say it was necessarily a good thing.

30. Anonymous | Aug 15, 2011 at 7:33 pm |

31. “Idiocracy” – Texan style

32. “Idiocracy” – Texan style

33. Anonymous | Aug 15, 2011 at 11:41 pm |

Can’t be much worse than Obama.

34. Can’t be much worse than Obama.

35. E.B. Wolf | Aug 15, 2011 at 11:42 pm |

36. E.B. Wolf | Aug 15, 2011 at 11:48 pm |

This guy

37. E.B. Wolf | Aug 15, 2011 at 11:49 pm |

38. maybe, though I think he makes the Pharasees seem like saints.

39. hes got the bonobo look of George bush going on, Probably will win after all.

40. hes got the bonobo look of George bush going on, Probably will win after all.