21-Foot Crocodile Caught In Philippines

Possibly the largest ever captured alive, the beast is believed to have eaten two people, weights a ton, and is estimated to be 50 years old. Apparently having never watched King Kong, villagers plan to make it the star attraction of a tourist-geared theme park. The Guardian reports:

Villagers and veteran hunters ensnared the saltwater crocodile over the weekend after a three-week hunt in Bunawan township in Agusan del Sur province, where terrified villagers have reported at least one deadly attack.

Elorde said he planned to make the captured crocodile “the biggest star” in an ecotourism park to be built to increase villagers’ and tourists’ awareness of the vital role the dreaded reptiles play in the ecosystem.

c4986e5af710e313f70e6a7067009f76

19 Comments on "21-Foot Crocodile Caught In Philippines"

1. Anonymous | Sep 6, 2011 at 6:23 pm |

what a giant croc (k);)

2. Jin The Ninja | Sep 6, 2011 at 2:23 pm |

what a giant croc (k);)

3. ANONONON | Sep 6, 2011 at 6:49 pm |

assholes

4. ANONONON | Sep 6, 2011 at 2:49 pm |

assholes

5. Anonymous | Sep 6, 2011 at 7:40 pm |

The croc or the villagers it ate?

6. CosmicAmazing | Sep 6, 2011 at 7:59 pm |

That’s going to make a lot of boots.

7. CosmicAmazing | Sep 6, 2011 at 3:59 pm |

That’s going to make a lot of boots.

8. the vital role of eating villagers

9. the vital role of eating villagers

10. Malkiyahu | Sep 6, 2011 at 8:53 pm |

“King Kong”? Don’t you mean “Jurassic Park”?

11. Malkiyahu | Sep 6, 2011 at 4:53 pm |

“King Kong”? Don’t you mean “Jurassic Park”?

12. Hadrian999 | Sep 7, 2011 at 1:20 am |

pretty sure he didn’t

13. Anonymous | Sep 7, 2011 at 4:36 am |

14. Anonymous | Sep 7, 2011 at 4:36 am |

15. As long as they let him live…nah, I hope it breaks free, eats a few it’s captors and returns to the swampy deep.

16. I had the privilege of helping a gator rescue park move their gators indoors one year. After wading in the pond, stirring the water gently with a pole to make the gators move so the keeper could make the first grab (at night…in the rain…by flashlight)…I still only handled the small and medium sized ones. The biggest was an 8 footer…who was incredibly mellow and used to humans (I still only carried the center of him…the pros handled the tail and head.)

To be honest…if that had come out of the pond…catching him would not have been on my mind. I’d have been too busy evacuating my bowels while running for my life.

17. I had the privilege of helping a gator rescue park move their gators indoors one year. After wading in the pond, stirring the water gently with a pole to make the gators move so the keeper could make the first grab (at night…in the rain…by flashlight)…I still only handled the small and medium sized ones. The biggest was an 8 footer…who was incredibly mellow and used to humans (I still only carried the center of him…the pros handled the tail and head.)