Carville: Panic Time For Obama

President_Obama_addresses_the_nation_on_the_military_efforts_in_Libya,_March_28,_2011Never one to mince words, James Carville has a simple message for President Obama: “Panic!” From CNN:

People often ask me what advice I would give the White House about various things. Today I was mulling over election results from New York and Nevada while thinking about that very question. What should the White House do now? One word came to mind: Panic.

We are far past sending out talking points. Do not attempt to dumb it down. We cannot stand any more explanations. Have you talked to any Democratic senators lately? I have. It’s pretty damn clear they are not happy campers.

This is what I would say to President Barack Obama: The time has come to demand a plan of action that requires a complete change from the direction you are headed.

I don’t know how else to break this down. Simply put:

1. Fire somebody. No — fire a lot of people. This may be news to you but this is not going well. For precedent, see Russian Army 64th division at Stalingrad. There were enough deaths at Stalingrad to make the entire tea party collectively orgasm.

Mr. President, your hinge of fate must turn. Bill Clinton fired many people in 1994 and took a lot of heat for it. Reagan fired most of his campaign staff in 1980. Republicans historically fired their own speaker, Newt Gingrich. Bush fired Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld. For God’s sake, why are we still looking at the same political and economic advisers that got us into this mess? It’s not working…

[continues at CNN]

majestic

Majestic is gadfly emeritus.

Latest posts by majestic (see all)

27 Comments on "Carville: Panic Time For Obama"

1. He should fire many people but I fear that he is doing exactly as he is supposed to do and he will change nothing.

2. He should fire many people but I fear that he is doing exactly as he is supposed to do and he will change nothing.

3. STATIC1985 | Sep 15, 2011 at 3:07 pm |

I sort of feel like i doesn’t matter what they do… When i watch anything about politics it just seems like a big joke. Like all they are doing is keeping us at bay. While in the backdrop the mega corporations are raping all in sight. If I hear the word economy one more time i’m gonna vomit

4. STATIC1985 | Sep 15, 2011 at 11:07 am |

5. Mr Carville is making the obvious mistake of thinking that Obama isn’t achieving his objectives perfectly with his current staff just as they are. Why do people who know full well that when a politician moves his lips a lie is being born, then go on to believe that the same politician’s aims and goals are exactly as he/she states them to be.

6. Marklar_Prime | Sep 15, 2011 at 11:56 am |

7. Rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic…

8. STATIC1985 | Sep 15, 2011 at 5:20 pm |

hehe, hold on to your ass, She’s going down

9. best republican president in years

10. best republican president in years

11. best republican president in years

12. Anonymous | Sep 15, 2011 at 8:52 pm |

13. All he has to do is say the magic words “I declare that from now on…Marijuana is now legal in the United States”. His popularity would go from 0 to 100 in seconds. guaranteed! and he’d be the most popular President in history!!

• Ron Paul has been talking legalization for years. Between that and ending the wars he is the guy to vote for.

14. I like Carville…mostly because as a tactical analyst he’s the Karl Rove of the DNC crowd….he has a finger right on the pulse of what moves people…what rouses their ire…what brings their applause.

I still consider the DNC dominated by contemptible collaborators who are so irredeemably corrupted that they should be abandoned for third parties or removed in a bloodless electoral coup en masse so that the party could be started over from scratch…but that doesn’t mean that Carville isn’t fun to hear 🙂

15. I like Carville…mostly because as a tactical analyst he’s the Karl Rove of the DNC crowd….he has a finger right on the pulse of what moves people…what rouses their ire…what brings their applause.

16. Anonymous | Sep 16, 2011 at 12:30 am |

Of course, that’s not nothing.  If they want to keep putting Faulknerian manchildren in their Governor’s mansion, that should be their problem, not the rest of the nation’s.

17. Anonymous | Sep 16, 2011 at 12:30 am |

18. Anonymous | Sep 16, 2011 at 12:30 am |

19. The only sound reason I can find to vote for Obama in 2012 is that reelecting him would piss off the Texans.

20. It’s still a mystery as to whom the CIA/Elites want to be the Puppet Prez in 2012 and a tough decision too.

Do they continue to screw the sheeple by subterfuge, like Obummer, or do they pull out the Big Brother Hammer, a Perrywinkle type character?

I guess we’ll all have to wait for the charade election in order to know the will of the Overlords.

21. BuzzCoastin | Sep 15, 2011 at 10:15 pm |

• The one guy they don’t want to see as President is Ron Paul and for that reason alone he is the guy to vote for.

22. The one guy they don’t want to see as President is Ron Paul and for that reason alone he is the guy to vote for.

23. Ron Paul has been talking legalization for years. Between that and ending the wars he is the guy to vote for.