Objects Confiscated From People Entering British Parliament

Drawn from a freedom of information request, a breakdown list from London’s Metropolitan Police of the 667 items which they confiscated at Parliament over the first half of 2011 that were classified as “other”. Why were there so many attempts at sneaking harmonicas, giant tennis balls, and shaving cream into the halls of power? I wish that some of these revolutionary plots had gotten further along before being squelched by the law enforcement apparatus. Posted on Reddit:

things-confiscated-from-people-entering-the-house-9900-1317051369-2

35 Comments on "Objects Confiscated From People Entering British Parliament"

1. I can only imagine what they were planning to do with the horse crop. Sexy fun time.

2. Anarchy Pony | Sep 26, 2011 at 3:19 pm |

3. football? that’s a national icon!

4. football? that’s a national icon!

5. Anonymous | Sep 26, 2011 at 8:44 pm |

What, no magic wands?  How will politicians ever get rid of the deficit?

6. Tchoutoye | Sep 26, 2011 at 4:44 pm |

What, no magic wands?  How will politicians ever get rid of the deficit?

7. Anonymous | Sep 26, 2011 at 8:53 pm |

“Sword”

ಠ_ಠ

8. “Sword”

ಠ_ಠ

• Jin The Ninja | Sep 26, 2011 at 4:59 pm |

i wish they’d list what kind. it’d be hard to conceal one of those big scottish types in tweed trousers…

• Think you mean a claymore. I’m not an expert on swords though, hammers are my thing.

• Jin The Ninja | Sep 26, 2011 at 5:25 pm |

exactly. claymore.

hammers are cool too.

• Anarchy Pony | Sep 26, 2011 at 5:58 pm |

My ancestors were partial to axes. And the ever underrated spear.

• Jin The Ninja | Sep 26, 2011 at 6:15 pm |

The spear is very cool, especially when you look at the different designs across cultures. I happen to really like anything twin, chinese, and bladed.

• Anarchy Pony | Sep 26, 2011 at 6:18 pm |

• Jin The Ninja | Sep 26, 2011 at 6:32 pm |

of course, the spear.shield combo’s ubiquity speaks for itself.

9. Anonymous | Sep 26, 2011 at 8:59 pm |

i wish they’d list what kind. it’d be hard to conceal on3 of those big scottish ones in tweed trousers…

10. Anonymous | Sep 26, 2011 at 9:11 pm |

11. Anonymous | Sep 26, 2011 at 9:25 pm |

exactly. claymore.

hammers are cool too.

12. Anonymous | Sep 26, 2011 at 9:25 pm |

exactly. claymore.

hammers are cool too.

13. My ancestors were partial to axes. And the ever underrated spear.

14. Anonymous | Sep 26, 2011 at 10:15 pm |

15. Hard to beat the good old fashioned combo of spear and shield. Simple and effective. The basic tools of any viking raider worth his own salt.

16. Anonymous | Sep 26, 2011 at 10:32 pm |

of course, the spear.shield combo’s ubiquity speaks for itself.

17. Anonymous | Sep 26, 2011 at 10:34 pm |

lol, but when you pix of the fatuous gasbags in parliament, sorta blinding no?

18. I didn’t say I would be the one having fun.

19. Anonymous | Sep 27, 2011 at 12:44 am |

lol true.

20. Simiantongue | Sep 27, 2011 at 7:14 am |

“Toy (loud)”

Really? I was thinking of visiting there too. If I can’t bring my Tickle me Elmo then I guess I’m just not welcome. Elmo and I shall take our tourist dollars elsewhere thank you very much.

21. Simiantongue | Sep 27, 2011 at 3:14 am |

“Toy (loud)”

22. Anonymous | Sep 27, 2011 at 9:45 pm |

23. These are some weird stuff, honestly who the heck is walking around with weed killer or curtain rods and just up and decides to visit parliament?

24. A combination interior decorator/yard care specialist.