1 Marine Vs. 30 Cops on Occupy Wall Street: Marine Wins (Video)

137 Comments on "1 Marine Vs. 30 Cops on Occupy Wall Street: Marine Wins (Video)"

1. That’s their worst nightmare.

Also, obligatory spacemoose cartoon of a similar theme… http://www.hackcanada.com/canadian/zines/spacemoose/malcolm.gif

I still want to be Spacemoose when I grow up.

2. That’s their worst nightmare.

I still want to be Spacemoose when I grow up.

3. That’s their worst nightmare.

I still want to be Spacemoose when I grow up.

4. That’s their worst nightmare.

I still want to be Spacemoose when I grow up.

5. Anonymous | Oct 19, 2011 at 3:28 am |

To prove how worthlessly ignorant Americans are all you have to do is read the comment section… how sad. Guy and his family have a long list of service to their country and people shit on him for no reason. Pathetic.

6. FusionSaint | Oct 18, 2011 at 11:28 pm |

7. Skillimino | Oct 19, 2011 at 3:31 am |

What is this fool barking about?

8. Skillimino | Oct 18, 2011 at 11:31 pm |

What is this fool barking about?

• Jin The Ninja | Oct 19, 2011 at 12:36 am |

i think you meant that self-referentially, because you couldn’t possibly be referring to the marine in the video whom was defending people’s constitutional right to free assembly and protest against unjust institutions and police tyranny.

9. Stotally Toned | Oct 19, 2011 at 3:56 am |

What’s with the short skip in the video when the guy approaches the cops? What was edited out?

10. Stotally Toned | Oct 18, 2011 at 11:56 pm |

11. Mr Willow | Oct 19, 2011 at 4:00 am |

Bravo sir! Bravo.

12. Mr Willow | Oct 19, 2011 at 12:00 am |

Give that man a medal!

Bravo sir. Bravo.

13. well said, kudos to people who stand up! good thing a lot of cameras were there. Blue shirts turn brown in a sec…..

14. well said, kudos to people who stand up! good thing a lot of cameras were there. Blue shirts turn brown in a sec…..

• Manipulation | Oct 19, 2011 at 11:55 pm |

Of course there were cameras there…the person filming knows this man, and the event is clearly premeditated for the dual purposes of expression and making a video for the internet.

15. Anonymous | Oct 19, 2011 at 4:36 am |

16. Anonymous | Oct 19, 2011 at 4:49 am |

he is right, real warriors have a code of honour and conduct and do NOT hurt unarmed people.

17. Jin The Ninja | Oct 19, 2011 at 12:49 am |

18. In my view, the guy was half right. Of course what the police is doing is sleazy but what he and his army fellow army people did and still do in Irak and afghanistan is 1000 times worst. As far as I know the nypd is not dropping drones or machine gunning people.

He said he defended his country by going to Irak. WTF is he talking about?
    And the look on the cops faces were pathetic and sad. I mean, if he was not dressed like a soldier, they would have treated him like another black guy and showed him no respect.

I saw him in a couple of interviews and nobody brought this question up.

America is far from the day it will change.

19. In my view, the guy was half right. Of course what the police is doing is sleazy but what he and his army fellow army people did and still do in Irak and afghanistan is 1000 times worst. As far as I know the nypd is not dropping drones or machine gunning people.

He said he defended his country by going to Irak. WTF is he talking about?

I saw him in a couple of interviews and nobody brought this question up.

America is far from the day it will change.

• honestly…you could see the fear in the cops eyes.  they left the soldier alone.  doesn’t really matter…what we saw there was CONFUSION. the cops wanted him to be quiet, but they were completely unwilling to engage him because of the uniform.  his main point was correct: there is no honor in what the cops do.
      whether or not there is true honor in what the military does has everything to do with whats going on in the streets.  A good soldier obeys the will of the people.  The will of the people is overwhelmingly against warfare in practice, but not in theory.  We all believe we should be ready to face any threat.  We’re just sick of being told that we have foreign enemies when we have none.  All our enemies are in house. Our military will be ready for anything the people tell them to do and that includes STAND DOWN.
      the cops work for our enemies. never forget that.

• E.B. Wolf | Oct 19, 2011 at 8:47 am |

That sounds really beautiful, except “the people” didn’t order the military into Libya, or Iraq, or Vietnam, or to assassinate people around the globe.

If the military was ordered to open fire on protesting American civilians, most of them would do it. This guy may be inspiring, and rightly so, but he is the exception not the rule.

• I HIGHLY doubt that American soldiers would OPEN FIRE on any of these #Occupy protestors if they were ordered to. To say that that would is simply inflammatory. They may have been trained to follow orders but the members of our ARMED FORCES are MUCH SMARTER than you give them credit for.

While overseas and in COMBAT, they lose friends, colleagues, and others to violence and other who shoot at them, want them dead, or treat them badly on a regular basis.

Within our borders the members of our Armed Forces biggest enemy is actually their employer. We need only look at how our Veterans are treated to see that fact.

• E.B. Wolf | Oct 19, 2011 at 10:57 am |

By what reasoning do you doubt that they would other than not wanting to believe it?

I’m basing my assertion that the vast majority would do it on:
            – The Milgram Study for a starting point. http://psychology.about.com/od/historyofpsychology/a/milgram.htm
            – Add the fact that the military is rigidly hierarchical in structure and places great emphasis on following the orders of one’s superiors. A great deal of time during basic training emphasizes this.

Since it has been statistically tested and found that about 50% of average american citizens would kill another person on the instructions of an authority figure, I conclude it to be a solid hypothesis that that figure would rise dramatically in a sample of strictly military personnel due to the extensive conditioning they go through as well as the fact that those who are drawn to military life would trend towards a high representation of the 50% of the total populace who will kill a stranger on command.

I do believe the oath says that soldiers swear “to defend the United States from all enemies, foriegn AND DOMESTIC.” So how would one effectively brand an OWS protester (or any other type) as a domestic enemy of the U.S.? Two words- Domestic Terrorist.

• ALL right…I took a nap and I’m ready to tackle this one.
            Need I remind y’all that 9-11 was orchestrated in order to get the will of the people behind a foreign war?! That was 10 years ago…and we were all gullible and weak.  the actions that have been taken on the part of our military are not their responsibility.  We sent them over there…now whether or not we call them back and keep them back is another question entirely.  Personally I think we can do it. Seeing people calling out for social justice everywhere gives me more optimism for the future than I have ever had in my life.
            lets not get caught up in whether or not soldiers would or would not kill US citizens. the police kill people in my city every year with regularity.  The police mindset is what is at issue…and their livelihood is tied to the will of the banks at the moment.  This will change.  Give it time.  They will start to quit and turn against the moneyed elite.  give it time. when they realize they don’t have to enforce the laws that they personally believe are unjust they will refuse to turn on the people.  They just don’t know where else to go yet.

• E.B. Wolf | Oct 19, 2011 at 4:31 pm |

“…the actions that have been taken on the part of our military are not their responsibility.”Yes they are. Otherwise, how can you hold bankers and corporate fat-cats responsible for their actions? After all, they’re just acting according to the rules of corporate america.

“The police mindset is what is at issue…and their livelihood is tied to the will of the banks at the moment.  This will change.  Give it time.”
            Again, what do you base that statement on other than HOPEing that it will CHANGE. Hmmm. I’m sure I heard that slogan somewhere before.

Don’t get me wrong. Nobody would be more thrilled than me to see the uniformed thugs turn on their masters. I just don’t see anything that indicates this is even a remote possibility.

Why should they? They get paid a fat salary with benefits and retirement packages that most people only dream about. They are one of the strongest unions in the country who are currently being tasked with cracking the skulls of anyone else who attempts to publicly organize.
            Then there’s the percs that will continue to attract the type of people who get off on bullying others and enforcing laws that they will almost never be forced to obey themselves.

• You’re right about the cops man.  but at what point do they examine their own behavior?  All the new york cops have to be in a frenzy right now.  How do you take orders to pacify people when common sense dictates that you will agree with them?  They haven’t shot anyone yet, and i don’t think they’re going to.  They back down from 1 marine.  Its proof of their meekness.  That dude who yelled aint a hero….don’t get me wrong.  Cops aren’t heroes either.

• Mr Willow | Oct 19, 2011 at 2:28 pm |

Perhaps not, if you recall the Kent State shooting during Vietnam (technically Cambodia) protests: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kent_State_shootings

Granted, the protesters had to vandalise the town the previous day, and it involved a burning of the Constitution and a draft card—nothing even approaching that has occurred during the Occupy events.

However, the police have had a a rather disruptive (if I can use a mild term) presence there (at Wall Street) from the very beginning, and if anything did occur, do you really think Bloomberg would hesitate to order the National Guard march on Wall Street to disperse the crowd? All that would need to happen is one broken window, one thrown punch, (not even perpetrated by a protester. They could be blamed regardless) and then all of a sudden Bloomberg would declare it ‘a movement bent on destroying the city’ or some such nonsense.

I’m with E.B. on this

• Does Kent State ring a bell to you?

• Check the list of contributors on the last Ron Paul money bomb Wolf.  Most of them are in the military.  I am in the military and have been for over a decade.  I can promise you that as for the Marines we will die before we open fire on Americans.  I see your frustration, but we are all just as loyal as you to our founding ideals.  This man is common in our ranks, remember that we came from the same places as you and have loved ones there as well.

20. One more thing.

HE said when he was in Irak he never shot any unarmed civilian. Well whoopity doo! Does he want a medal? The fact his he should have never been there in the first place.

If he truly has honor, he should have refused to go to invade another country that had done nothing to deserved to be invaded.

21. One more thing.

• Anti Consumerist. | Oct 20, 2011 at 7:52 am |

Riight, so he can be dishonorably discharged and possibly prisoned for violating his contract? rather than risk his life and taking out a genocidal dictator? I don’t believe in the Iraq war one bit, or most of them for that matter and I’m far from a pacifist. Implying that the Iraq war was ALL bad though in my opinion, is ignorant.

• Don’t see you out there facing off against the cops pat.  Just a reminder, taking advantage of peoples patriotism and lying to them to go to war is the fault of the government not the person who was convinced of a well crafted lie.  The military is waking up brother.

22. holy shit I know 3 of those cops in the video

23. holy shit I know 3 of those cops in the video

• Cool, maybe you can give us their names and addresses?

• An eye for an eye is just dumb.

• I was thinking more of a “Name and Shame”.

Eye for an Eye is too biblical for my tastes.

Funny that’s the first place your mind went, though.

• Maybe not man because literally there just standing in the video as the guy practices freedom of speech no harm was done upon him.

• True enough.

Looks like they intended something that they didn’t follow through with for the rest of the crowd, though.

In any case, I’d be a fool not to get that info from you if it were available.

No telling what other videos these guys might show up in.

• To do what with yell at them, call there houses, yea that will really get them to change their minds. Just doing there jobs like everyone else. Look at Europe when those people get into groups it turns violent in a second, full scale riots in the cities. Look at NYC a few people pepper sprayed and a couple hundred arrested.

• If necessary I’m willing to do all those things and more.

Done it in the past, will do it again.

Funny how the “authorities” seem to think they should know who and where everyone is, but don’t want to extend the same privilege.

Reciprocity is a beautiful thing.

I also think that reciprocity is the foundation of a just relationship.

You’re not against justice, are you?

• Done it in the past, like what?

• Called them up and yelled at them.

Shown up at their houses and donut shops with picket signs.

Posted their contact info online so others can do the same.

If memory serves, I posted the email address and phone # of a shitty D.A. here on Disinfo just a month or two ago.

• I waited and thought you were going to say something pretty crazy or intense, and all I have to say is really thats what you do really.

• Yeah, really.

I think Claire Wolfe has summed the situation up pretty well.

Most people tend to behave when they know other people are watching them, even the cops.

Sometimes they just need a reminder.

• Yea i know that, but you call them up and yell at them and show up their houses, that’s what I’m saying really about. By doing this do you think your going to make them change or go you know what this guy calling me is right, my ways are wrong. You going to their houses, one day your gonna screw with the wrong cop and get shot on his lawn for trespassing, come on man

• I think that putting social pressure on people to behave as they are required to behave does work.

The cop or DA on the other end of the phone may not say “Hey, this guy is right.” but he’s going to at least say, “Hey, last time I illegally pepper sprayed a bunch of hippie chicks I got a lot of angry calls and had to change my phone # 3 times. Maybe I ought not do that again.”

As far as getting shot by a cop for going to his house… We’re pretty careful to stay on the sidewalks. When that happens there’s not much they can really do except try to pass out parking tickets to the people they think did the driving.

Plus, cops aren’t the only ones with guns or friends. I may get gunned down some day, but I’ll die knowing that cop will be following right behind me through the gates of hell.

• Crazy is the new sane.

• Anti Consumerist. | Oct 20, 2011 at 8:02 am |

That’s a sentence I hate more than anything else to hear. It urks my nerve to no end, and makes me rage. ” Just doing their jobs” At what point does PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY come in to stand up for what’s right or wrong? Why follow orders when they’re unjust for a paycheck?

• Do you see any person get harmed in this video, do you see anything besides these people saying move along get off the road. How many people have been killed down on wall street, let me think um 0. They get arrested yes and sometimes its wrong to arrest these people just doing there basic rights in this country. You say this put you probably listen to what your boss says at work and do what your told in the chain of command. Now saying that you’ll probably say you work for yourself or your some revolutionary freedom fighter.
            Also many police offers that are getting in trouble for harming people down there are getting pay checks cut and many of their privileges taken away.

24. KREET-n SLAVE | Oct 19, 2011 at 5:37 am |

P U R F E C T!
    little dogs lay down when a big dog barks.

25. P U R F E C T!
    little dogs lay down when a big dog barks.

26. Esther Venetia Conneywerdy | Oct 19, 2011 at 6:30 am |

Who ever you are…..God bless you for taking the stand for man-kind, you got my vote for next president and that is a truthful statement in my heart. Take care :o)

27. Esther Venetia Conneywerdy | Oct 19, 2011 at 2:30 am |

• Esther Venetia Conneywerdy | Oct 19, 2011 at 2:34 am |

I appreciate and very proud of you, thank you for standing as a god honest Marine :o)

28. Esther Venetia Conneywerdy | Oct 19, 2011 at 6:34 am |

29. KREET-n SLAVE | Oct 19, 2011 at 7:56 am |

the cops work for our enemies. never forget that.

30. Cool, maybe you can give us their names and addresses?

31. E.B. Wolf | Oct 19, 2011 at 12:47 pm |

If the military was ordered to open fire on protesting American civilians, most would do it. This guy may be inspiring, and rightly so, but he is the exception not the rule.

32. Manipulation | Oct 19, 2011 at 12:51 pm |

So, despite the fact that this video is obviously edited to remove the initial confrontation, everyone loves it? No one is asking the critical question of what was left out? Regardless of what this man is saying, the gap bothers me too much to consider anything else right now. Is this a fnord? Am I the only one who sees this?

33. Manipulation | Oct 19, 2011 at 8:51 am |

• could be edited for any number of reasons, i would not think this to be a fnord.

• Manipulation | Oct 19, 2011 at 11:52 pm |

And what is the list of these possible reasons? I feel like the initial moments of this encounter would be important to the narrative.

34. Nyanblade | Oct 19, 2011 at 12:55 pm |

I find it disturbing that it takes a uniform to give those cops pause as they go about the business of blithely shellacking people for constitutionally assembling – does this marine’s opinion carry more weight because of that uniform? How does serving in the imperial occupation corps ON BEHALF OF THE SAME PAYMASTERS AS THE COPS grant him the moral weight to shame the NYPD? Did I wake up in a Heinlein novel? The instant gravitas accorded to all uniformed persons is an indicator of how far militarized our society is – and while it is no surprise the cops would act that way, the very popularity of this vidya indicates that such an attitude of deference is much more widespread, even among a people’s movement like OWS.

“These are US citizens!”

And they are worth no more nor less than noncitizens, on an intrinsic basis or in terms of their rights under the Bill of Rights. As it relates to what the government can and can’t do to protesters under the constitution, their citizenry is irrelevant.

“You want to fight, go to Iraq!”

As though it’d be okay to inflict the same brutality and worse on Iraqis just because they aren’t Americans!

“I fought to defend this country!”

From what, oil shortages?

“How do you sleep at night?”

The US military is a worldwide force of mechanized repression far more dangerous and vicious than the NYPD or any police force. How does ANY agent of Empire sleep at night?

35. Nyanblade | Oct 19, 2011 at 8:55 am |

“These are US citizens!”

“You want to fight, go to Iraq!”

“I fought to defend this country!”

From what, oil shortages?

“How do you sleep at night?”

36. An eye for an eye is just dumb.

37. I was thinking more of a “Name and Shame”.

Eye for an Eye is too biblical for my tastes.

Funny that’s the first place your mind went, though.

38. I HIGHLY doubt that American soldiers would OPEN FIRE on any of these #Occupy protestors if they were ordered to. To say that that would is simply inflammatory. They may have been trained to follow orders but the members of our ARMED FORCES are MUCH SMARTER than you give them credit for.

39. DeepCough | Oct 19, 2011 at 2:47 pm |

Police are not “warriors,” they are goons.

40. E.B. Wolf | Oct 19, 2011 at 2:57 pm |

I’m basing my assertion that the vast majority would do it on:

Since it has been statistically tested and found that about 50% of average american citizens would kill another person on the instructions of an authority figure, I conclude it to be a solid hypothesis that that figure would rise dramatically in a sample of strictly military personnel due to the extensive conditioning they go through as well as the fact that those who are drawn to military life would trend towards the 50% of the total populace who will kill a stranger on command.

41. Anonymous | Oct 19, 2011 at 2:59 pm |

oh i certainly agree. but nothing gives a person the illusion of righteousness more than a badge and a gun.

42. Perhaps the lie this soldier believes is better than the truth those cops know.

43. Perhaps the lie this soldier believes is better than the truth those cops know.

44. Maybe not man because literally there just standing in the video as the guy practices freedom of speech no harm was done upon him.

45. True enough.

In any case, I’d be a fool not to get that info from you if it were available.

No telling what other videos these guys might show up in.

46. KREET-n SLAVE | Oct 19, 2011 at 4:39 pm |

ALL right…I took a nap and I’m ready to tackle this one.

47. Greg Kane | Oct 19, 2011 at 5:01 pm |

48. No matter what you can say about the content of what he said. He clearly got the police to change there action. That’s impressive.

49. I cannot agree more, seems America is getting its touch of Liberation from the Gov’t now, fight it.

50. I cannot agree more, seems America is getting its touch of Liberation from the Gov’t now, fight it.

51. …or a marines uniform.

52. Anonymous | Oct 19, 2011 at 5:31 pm |

touche sir.

53. Anonymous | Oct 19, 2011 at 5:31 pm |

touche sir.

54. Mr Willow | Oct 19, 2011 at 6:28 pm |

However, the police have had a a rather disruptive (if I can use a mild term) presence there (at Wall Street) from the very beginning, and if anything did occur, do you really think Bloomberg would hesitate to order the National Guard march on Wall Street to disperse the crowd? All that would need to happen is one broken window, one thrown punch, and then all of a sudden Bloomberg would declare it ‘a movement bent on destroying the city’ or some such nonsense.

55. could be edited for any number of reasons, i would not think this to be a fnord.

56. There are many veterans antiwar groups – occupy groups should seek solidarity with them.  How is it going to look when riot geared goons square off against uniformed veterans.

57. Calypso_1 | Oct 19, 2011 at 2:44 pm |

• Manipulation | Oct 20, 2011 at 2:08 am |

I don’t know, maybe they’ll just edit that out of the video too.

• It would hardly be the first time the NYPD has edited out “inconvenient” moments from videos of their police actions. They got MAJORLY busted for doing it at the 2004 Republican National Convention.

The only reason why they got busted, was because citizen journalists had video of their own, of the same sequence of events, and it clearly showed in court that police video had been edited.

This is why the cops are also arresting people for just videotapping them. They know such things can be used in court to prove how completely full of crap these bad cops are.

• Calypso_1 | Oct 20, 2011 at 1:37 pm |

Maybe it will still show up on al jazeera.

58. E.B. Wolf | Oct 19, 2011 at 8:31 pm |

59. To do what with yell at them, call there houses, yea that will really get them to change their minds. Just doing there jobs like everyone else. Look at Europe when those people get into groups it turns violent in a second, full scale riots in the cities. Look at NYC a few people pepper sprayed and a couple hundred arrested.

60. If necessary I’m willing to do all those things and more.

Done it in the past, will do it again.

Reciprocity is a beautiful thing.

I also think that reciprocity is the foundation of a just relationship.

You’re not against justice, are you?

61. Done it in the past, like what?

62. Called them up and yelled at them.

Shown up at their houses and donut shops with picket signs.

Posted their contact info online so others can do the same.

63. I waited and thought you were going to say something pretty crazy or intense, and all I have to say is really thats what you do really.

64. Yeah, really.

I think Claire Wolfe has summed the situation up pretty well.

Sometimes they just need a reminder.

65. Yea i know that, but you call them up and yell at them and show up their houses, that’s what I’m saying really about. By doing this do you think your going to make them change or go you know what this guy calling me is right, my ways are wrong. You going to their houses, one day your gonna screw with the wrong cop and get shot on his lawn for trespassing, come on man

66. I think that putting social pressure on people to behave as they are required to behave does work.

67. I think that putting social pressure on people to behave as they are required to behave does work.

68. Manipulation | Oct 20, 2011 at 3:52 am |

69. Manipulation | Oct 20, 2011 at 3:55 am |

70. Manipulation | Oct 20, 2011 at 6:08 am |

I don’t know, maybe they’ll just edit that out of the video too.

71. KREET-n SLAVE | Oct 20, 2011 at 10:07 am |

72. Anti Consumerist. | Oct 20, 2011 at 11:52 am |

73. Anti Consumerist. | Oct 20, 2011 at 12:02 pm |

74. It’s mini Stanford Experiment stuff. The thing about a uniform is that it conceptually separates you from those who aren’t in uniform. And once there’s an “Us vs. Them” mentality, often the only person who CAN breakthrough to the people in uniform, is someone else wearing a uniform. Weird, but true.

75. It would hardly be the first time the NYPD has edited out “inconvenient” moments from videos of their police actions. They got MAJORLY busted for doing it at the 2004 Republican National Convention.

76. Check the list of contributors on the last Ron Paul money bomb Wolf.  Most of them are in the military.  I am in the military and have been for over a decade.  I can promise you that as for the Marines we will die before we open fire on Americans.  I see your frustration, but we are all just as loyal as you to our founding ideals.  This man is common in our ranks, remember that we came from the same places as you and have loved ones there as well.

77. Don’t see you out there facing off against the cops pat.  Just a reminder, taking advantage of peoples patriotism and lying to them to go to war is the fault of the government not the person who was convinced of a well crafted lie.  The military is waking up brother.

78. Do you see any person get harmed in this video, do you see anything besides these people saying move along get off the road. How many people have been killed down on wall street, let me think um 0. They get arrested yes and sometimes its wrong to arrest these people just doing there basic rights in this country. You say this put you probably listen to what your boss says at work and do what your told in the chain of command. Now saying that you’ll probably say you work for yourself or your some revolutionary freedom fighter.

79. Do you see any person get harmed in this video, do you see anything besides these people saying move along get off the road. How many people have been killed down on wall street, let me think um 0. They get arrested yes and sometimes its wrong to arrest these people just doing there basic rights in this country. You say this put you probably listen to what your boss says at work and do what your told in the chain of command. Now saying that you’ll probably say you work for yourself or your some revolutionary freedom fighter.

80. Do you see any person get harmed in this video, do you see anything besides these people saying move along get off the road. How many people have been killed down on wall street, let me think um 0. They get arrested yes and sometimes its wrong to arrest these people just doing there basic rights in this country. You say this put you probably listen to what your boss says at work and do what your told in the chain of command. Now saying that you’ll probably say you work for yourself or your some revolutionary freedom fighter.

81. Do you see any person get harmed in this video, do you see anything besides these people saying move along get off the road. How many people have been killed down on wall street, let me think um 0. They get arrested yes and sometimes its wrong to arrest these people just doing there basic rights in this country. You say this put you probably listen to what your boss says at work and do what your told in the chain of command. Now saying that you’ll probably say you work for yourself or your some revolutionary freedom fighter.

82. Crazy is the new sane.

83. Maybe it will still show up on al jazeera.

84. i have been harassed by the police more than one could imagine without ever being a criminal.

85. i have been harassed by the police more than one could imagine without ever being a criminal.

86. Anonymous | Oct 27, 2011 at 7:59 am |

87. Reading this site, I though the Military were all drones. According to the screaming Liberals on here at least.

88. Marine, I salute you.

89. Marine, I salute you.

90. Marine, I salute you.

91. Marine, I salute you.

92. Does Kent State ring a bell to you?

93. Does Kent State ring a bell to you?

94. Does Kent State ring a bell to you?