Long Island Couple Seeks Trademark For “Occupy Wall St.”

Occupy Wall StreetJust another reason to hate Long Island … reports the Smoking Gun:

Citing the potential of “Occupy Wall Street” to become a “global brand,” a Long Island couple has filed to trademark the name of the amorphous organization responsible for the protests and encampments in lower Manhattan and other U.S. cities, the Smoking Gun has learned.

In a U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) application, Robert and Diane Maresca are seeking to trademark the phrase “Occupy Wall St.” so that they can place it on a wide variety of goods, including bumper stickers, shirts, beach bags, footwear, umbrellas, and hobo bags.

The October 18 filing, made in Diane Maresca’s name, cost the couple $975, which Robert Maresca, 44, termed “something of a gamble” in a TSG interview …

More on Smoking Gun

26 Comments on "Long Island Couple Seeks Trademark For “Occupy Wall St.”"

1. Anonymous | Oct 25, 2011 at 2:29 am |

You almost have to admire the level of obnoxiousness on display.

2. dumbsaint | Oct 24, 2011 at 10:29 pm |

You almost have to admire the level of obnoxiousness on display.

3. The Operation of the machine has become so odious, I can no longer take part.

4. The Operation of the machine has become so odious, I can no longer take part.

5. jasonpaulhayes | Oct 24, 2011 at 10:39 pm |

The Operation of the machine has become so odious, I can no longer take part.

6. Mr Willow | Oct 25, 2011 at 3:50 am |

Wow. Just Wow.

I think I have to vomit, now.

7. Mr Willow | Oct 24, 2011 at 11:50 pm |

Wow. Just Wow.

I think I have to vomit, now.

8. p { margin-bottom: 0.08in; }

“So there I was, minding my own
    business—and, basically, that’s ALL that ever gets minded in this
    business-minded mind of mine: business—-and it occurred to me that
    there was MONEY to be made off of this anti-‘anything goes as long as
    it generates a profit’ movement I’ve been hearing so much about, and
    yet remain so utterly oblivious to and disinterested in. And that’s
    when I decided to get with the program and take the crucial first
    step toward GETTING MINE—applying for a trademark. I’m very proud of me for thinking of this.”

9. p { margin-bottom: 0.08in; }

“So there I was, minding my own
    business—and, basically, that’s ALL that ever gets minded in this
    business-minded mind of mine: business—-and it occurred to me that
    there was MONEY to be made off of this anti-‘anything goes as long as
    it generates a profit’ movement I’ve been hearing so much about, and
    yet remain so utterly oblivious to and disinterested in. And that’s
    when I decided to get with the program and take the crucial first

10. Seamus Dubh | Oct 25, 2011 at 4:50 am |

Capitalism at it’s best.
    Gotta love it.

11. Seamus Dubh | Oct 25, 2011 at 12:50 am |

Capitalism at it’s best.
    Gotta love it.

12. Makes me think of this. These kind of people are so annoying.

13. Makes me think of this. These kind of people are so annoying.

14. Puckishpeaks | Oct 25, 2011 at 5:54 am |

Are these people TRYING to make themselves a target?

15. Puckishpeaks | Oct 25, 2011 at 1:54 am |

Are these people TRYING to make themselves a target?

16. Anonymous | Oct 25, 2011 at 5:55 am |

That’s fucked, what the hell are those people thinking?

17. That’s fucked, what the hell are those people thinking?

18. Xlblackopslx | Oct 25, 2011 at 11:58 am |

Not trying, I think they’ve succeeded!

19. Anonymous | Oct 25, 2011 at 2:29 pm |

20. I have to quit reading this kind of stuff.  It’s just triggering an urge for violence against these types of idiots.

21. Let them try to enforce it. They will be paying lawyers until the day they die.

22. Let them try to enforce it. They will be paying lawyers until the day they die.

23. Let them try to enforce it. They will be paying lawyers until the day they die.

24. Anti-Citizen1 | Oct 26, 2011 at 5:41 am |

That is arguably a good thing.