• Anonymous

    A resounding indictment of the left in America – that they have let their ideas slip so far to the right that even Nixon and Reagan are used to deliver the ‘new’ message.

    Instead of calling on the likes of MLK Jr., post civil rights era when Global Poverty was the message, and social justice was badge of honor, the neo-left are simply writhing in their “Early-Conservatisim” lubricant.

    I danced a jig when Reagan died. I will dance again when Clinton, Bush and Obama die. Extolling the similarities between Obama and Reagan/Nixon is, albeit enlightening, but sad.

  • sonicbphuct

    A resounding indictment of the left in America – that they have let their ideas slip so far to the right that even Nixon and Reagan are used to deliver the ‘new’ message.

    Instead of calling on the likes of MLK Jr., post civil rights era when Global Poverty was the message, and social justice was a badge of honor, the neo-left are simply writhing in their “Early-Conservatisim” lubricant.

    I danced a jig when Reagan died. I will dance again when Clinton, Bush and Obama die. Extolling the similarities between Obama and Reagan/Nixon, while enlightening, is sad.

    • SF2K01

      Or that most people want the same basic thing, and despite the ideological rantings of one side or the other, extremism doesn’t get you elected or high approval rates, it’s being as mellow and generic as possible and satisfying the majority that wins elections here.

  • http://buzzcoastin.posterous.com BuzzCoastin

    This wonderfully illustrates the point that politicians are good actors but not good at making good what they say about a fair taxation policy.

  • BuzzCoastin

    This wonderfully illustrates the point that politicians are good actors but not good at making good what they say about a fair taxation policy.

  • Anonymous

    Or that most people want the same basic thing, and despite the ideological rantings of one side or the other, extremism doesn’t get you elected or high approval rates, it’s being as mellow and generic as possible and satisfying the majority that wins elections here.

  • Anonymousacolyte

    Oh the irony…. Reagan was responsible for all of the deregulation in this country which has allowed the top 1% to accumulate more wealth than ever before. Taxes are only on income and the top 1% only 19% of their total wealth is in the form of taxable income. The rest in stocks, assets, etc…. So when you tax the rich your only really taxing the bottom 9% of the top 10% of people in our country. The Doctors, Lawyers and other jobs with high taxable salaries and wages. However the Billionaires in our country don’t have to worry about their taxes because as I mentioned they are only taxed on 19% of what they make in a year. the other 81% goes right into their bank accounts tax free.

  • Anonymousacolyte

    Oh the irony…. Reagan was responsible for all of the deregulation in this country which has allowed the top 1% to accumulate more wealth than ever before. Taxes are only on income and the top 1% only 19% of their total wealth is in the form of taxable income. The rest in stocks, assets, etc…. So when you tax the rich your only really taxing the bottom 9% of the top 10% of people in our country. The Doctors, Lawyers and other jobs with high taxable salaries and wages. However the Billionaires in our country don’t have to worry about their taxes because as I mentioned they are only taxed on 19% of what they make in a year. the other 81% goes right into their bank accounts tax free.

21
More in Barack Obama, Democrats, Economics, Government, Politics, Republicans, Ronald Reagan, Society
Sesame Street Introduces Poor Muppet To Teach About Poverty (Sponsored by Wal-Mart)

The special episode is sponsored by Wal-Mart. Ain't that a kicker? Gabriela Resto-Montero writes in the NY Daily News: There's a new kid on the block on "Sesame Street." The...

Close