The Fox News #OccupyWallStreet Footage You Won’t See On TV

Respect for Drew Grant and the New York Observer for outing Fox News Channel’s selective editing of their OccupyWallStreet coverage:

Even if Geraldo Rivera was at the Zuccotti Park yesterday, Fox News has generally been a tad dismissive of the Occupy Wall Street movement. Foxnews.com (as of this writing) has no coverage of this national event on their front page stories. (Hard to imagine for a network that was so gung-ho about the Tea Party!) Red Eye‘s Bill Schulz went out to try to “prank” the protesters. Bill O’Reilly sent a producer minion out with the same mission: to belittle OWS’s cause by cutting up interviews to make people sound stupid.

Well, here is an interview that Fox News filmed, but doesn’t want you to see. The segment was shot on Wednesday for Greta van Susteren‘s show, (though it looks like the same producer from this O’Reilly segment questioning Michael Moore‘s anti-capitalist agenda) though the decision was made to leave it on the cutting room floor. The reason should be obvious pretty quickly.

The speaker giving Fox News the business is Jesse LaGreca, a vocal member of the Occupy Wall Street protests. This video comes courtesy of Kyle Christopher from OccupyWallSt.org‘s media team.

Now, no news organization is under obligation to air every interview they’ve filmed, especially when it makes them look bad. But you’d think that a “Fair and Balanced” network (that tells an interviewee that they are here to give them fair coverage to get any message they’d like to get out) would try to include at least a couple of opposing viewpoints to Mr. Shulz’s smarmy jokes or O’Reilly’s “infiltration” of the camp…

[continues at the New York Observer]

majestic

Majestic is gadfly emeritus.

Latest posts by majestic (see all)

50 Comments on "The Fox News #OccupyWallStreet Footage You Won’t See On TV"

1. Mr Willow | Oct 4, 2011 at 4:28 pm |

*smiles*

2. Mr Willow | Oct 4, 2011 at 12:28 pm |

*smiles*

3. Sangproductions183 | Oct 4, 2011 at 4:30 pm |

Bravo! A deserved tip of the hat to this man and his articulate mouth.

4. Sangproductions183 | Oct 4, 2011 at 12:30 pm |

Bravo! A deserved tip of the hat to this man and his articulate mouth.

5. Ironaddict06 | Oct 4, 2011 at 4:39 pm |

Right on brother.  Free health care for everyone.  Down with the capitalist.  Not only free health care, but free housing, and free food. Every person is entitled to these so basic needs.

6. Ironaddict06 | Oct 4, 2011 at 12:39 pm |

• Sangproductions183 | Oct 4, 2011 at 12:59 pm |

Naw, allow Wall Street to regulate itself, its proven in recent years that it can be completely trusted. Let people continue to pay high taxes and not let the government take care of them at all with that very money. And let the rest of America operate on a ‘free for all, last man standing’ future, because all life really should be is one huge game of Deathmatch.

• Justsomeguy | Oct 4, 2011 at 6:25 pm |

You have got to be kidding me. I had hoped this was sarcasm but clearly just a nut job. I am not far right at all but you have to work for what you get. Comparing yourself to the Tea Party when you are obviously a bunch of liberal loons is ludacris. Peaceful legal protesting is fine but half the people at this thing dont even know why they are there. You are repressed you just have to follow the rules and laws of society.

• Justsomeguy | Oct 4, 2011 at 6:26 pm |

*are not repressed

• Festernaecus | Oct 4, 2011 at 7:26 pm |

The word is “ludicrous,” you fucking goon. Never heard it used before the rapper, I take it. Also, I’m pretty sure you mean “oppressed.”

• “peaceful legal protesting” dosen’t exist. Going to jail and getting the shit kicked out of you is a historical standard.

• Sangproductions183 | Oct 5, 2011 at 10:05 am |

Far right, or not so far right ‘Justsomeguy’, you clearly don’t know how to spell (or use punctuation and grammar correctly for that matter). So go back to your sofa and case of beer, interpret news with that high school dropout level of education of yours, and believe naively that Conservative cronies have your future and welfare at the top of their agenda.

• If you think anyone who agrees with this man is a liberal–let alone a loon–then yes, you are far right.

• These are the things that Lybia HAD,  plus $.08 a gallon gas, $50,000 gift when you got married, free education, no national debt, monthly payments for every citizen for the sale of gas,  and NO interest on loans.

TPTB didn’t like this and we can see what they do when they don’t get their hand in the cookie jar.
      They are going around the world gobbling up the natural resources and enslaving the people of the world… taking what they want. The revolution is going on all over the world and it will NEVER stop until these evil greedy people are stopped.

7. I saw this yesterday.  Great pushback.  We need to see more of this.

8. I saw this yesterday.  Great pushback.  We need to see more of this.

9. Sangproductions183 | Oct 4, 2011 at 4:59 pm |

10. Anonymous | Oct 4, 2011 at 5:36 pm |

11. I’m not sure anyone who watches Fox is there to get unbiased news. Their spokesmodels and pundits hardly ever do that.

12. Youdontwantnoneson | Oct 4, 2011 at 5:47 pm |

That man gives me hope

13. Youdontwantnoneson | Oct 4, 2011 at 1:47 pm |

That man gives me hope

14. Give this man a TV show!

15. Give this man a TV show!

16. If only a legitimate news outlet would air this interview. This man is very articulate and informed. Bravo!

17. If only a legitimate news outlet would air this interview. This man is very articulate and informed. Bravo!

18. Justsomeguy | Oct 4, 2011 at 10:25 pm |

19. Justsomeguy | Oct 4, 2011 at 10:26 pm |

*are not repressed

20. Festernaecus | Oct 4, 2011 at 11:26 pm |

21. I have nothing to add except for a wish that I, and more of us could be that thorough, articulate and extemporaneously on point  when it counts.

22. I have nothing to add except for a wish that I, and more of us could be that thorough, articulate and extemporaneously on point  when it counts.

23. These are the things that Lybia HAD,  plus $.08 a gallon gas, $50,000 gift when you got married, free education, no national debt, monthly payments for every citizen for the sale of gas,  and NO interest on loans.

24. “peaceful legal protesting” dosen’t exist. Going to jail and getting the shit kicked out of you is a historical standard.

25. Anonymous | Oct 5, 2011 at 4:06 am |

I want to buy this guy a beer. I don’t think I would have been able to put it any better than he did especially when on the spot with a camera in my face.

26. pixelbrine2 | Oct 5, 2011 at 12:06 am |

27. DeepCough | Oct 5, 2011 at 4:32 am |

Liberal Occupiers: 1

Conservative Teabaggers: BIG FAT ZERO.

28. DeepCough | Oct 5, 2011 at 12:32 am |

Liberal Occupiers: 1

Conservative Teabaggers: BIG FAT ZERO.

29. Anonymous | Oct 5, 2011 at 6:02 am |

justsomeguy, more like justsomegoon, or justsomehack

30. Aahh.. those moments when the narrow-minded and the reactionary are put in front of they’re mistakes and they’re lies. I loved it when the only thing the reporter could say is “fair enough”.

31. MilkaPub | Oct 5, 2011 at 7:02 am |

32. Sangproductions183 | Oct 5, 2011 at 2:05 pm |

33. If you think anyone who agrees with this man is a liberal–let alone a loon–then yes, you are far right.

34. Mitchell | Oct 6, 2011 at 4:32 pm |

Awesome interview! Too bad Fox will never, ever let their viewers see it.

35. Awesome interview! Too bad Fox will never, ever let their viewers see it.

36. It would great to to see more of OWS protester Jesse LaGreca who face down a Fox News reporter. He nailed it when asked why he was there supporting the movement, I’m sorry that I missed him on ABC this morning

37. maddy jr brown | Oct 9, 2011 at 12:05 pm |