The Rapture To Arrive (Again) October 21

alg_harold-camping-roomRemember five months ago when the world almost came to an end, but then God granted us a last-minute reprieve? Tomorrow, we’re going to do it all over again. Get out the signs, air horns, and foam fingers! From Beliefnet:

This time the end of the world will be real, says 90-year-old California radio mogul Harold Camping — October 21, so be ready.
But he doesn’t sound quite so confident this time. He suffered a stroke shortly after his most recent false alarm — May 21. He’s been in a nursing home. But now, he’s proclaiming new warning.

Absent this time are his trusting disciples who traveled across America last spring proclaiming his urgent warning — the Rapture would occur May 21, so be ready when Gabriel’s horn sounds, the sky rolls away and Jesus arrives to judge the living and the dead.

Of course, May 21 came and went — despite millions of dollars of billboards and bus-bench signs and rental trucks festooned with his urgent message, all underwritten by donations.

Camping said he was “flabbergasted” with the way things happened and explained that May 21 had, indeed, been Judgment Day, but only in a spiritual sense.

He preached over his scores of radio stations that God’s final judgment would continue right up until October 21 — when the world would be destroyed. Indeed, the founder of Family Radio promised, this time there would be nothing quiet about the global calamity.

Now, we learn that Camping took the whole thing badly. He appears to have been completely sincere — having applied a complex mathematical system to what he says are hidden messages in Bible prophecy. In fact, he appeared to be increasingly frail and shaken that his calculations had been off. He turned up in a nursing home after suffering a stroke in June.

80 Comments on "The Rapture To Arrive (Again) October 21"

1. Oh my holy noodly appendage, do people still believe in this crap? yeesh. Probably still beleive in Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy too. Grow up!

2. Oh my holy noodly appendage, do people still believe in this crap? yeesh. Probably still beleive in Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy too. Grow up!

3. I can’t beleive my spelling of beleeve eeever…

4. I can’t beleive my spelling of beleeve eeever…

5. DeepCough | Oct 20, 2011 at 3:13 pm |

Harold Camping: “Why did God decide to reschedule the Rapture? Well, clearly he forgot to set his cosmic alarm on May 21, 2011.”

6. DeepCough | Oct 20, 2011 at 11:13 am |

7. Anonymous | Oct 20, 2011 at 3:14 pm |

It’s going to be SOOOO AWESOME to wake up Oct 22nd to a world without Christians!

8. reubenavery | Oct 20, 2011 at 11:14 am |

• Broken_Finger | Oct 21, 2011 at 11:15 am |

It’s too bad Muslims are not involved with the rapture, as well, but I’ll take what I can get.

• Decent point… actually it might be bad if one of them left without the other of them also leaving, as that would mean that the one remaining would need someone new to take out their righteous anger on.

• DeepCough | Oct 22, 2011 at 2:48 pm |

October 22, 2011–
      Goddammit, Jesus, you dropped the ball on us again!

9. once
    again the end of the world will be tomorrow according to religious
    nuts, i just hope if nothing happens tomorrow these people finally give
    up on these so called prophecies and shut the fuck and leave the rest of
    us alone with their bullshit church babble. and after all of this i
    hope people will stop looking to these churches for answers, and start
    living their lives for what it is now and not
    for what a book written well over 2000 yrs ago says they should. lets
    wake up people… we all know that when fighting with swords and armor
    was tough back then in those so someone came up with a book to use it as
    a weapon to keep the masses ignorant and oppressed so they can have
    free ability to do as they wish and kill who they wanted to kill and say
    it was the will of god, if god does exist im pretty sure hes pretty
    pissed off at what we have done in his name.

10. once
    again the end of the world will be tomorrow according to religious
    nuts, i just hope if nothing happens tomorrow these people finally give
    up on these so called prophecies and shut the fuck and leave the rest of
    us alone with their bullshit church babble. and after all of this i
    hope people will stop looking to these churches for answers, and start
    living their lives for what it is now and not
    for what a book written well over 2000 yrs ago says they should. lets
    wake up people… we all know that when fighting with swords and armor
    was tough back then in those so someone came up with a book to use it as
    a weapon to keep the masses ignorant and oppressed so they can have
    free ability to do as they wish and kill who they wanted to kill and say
    it was the will of god, if god does exist im pretty sure hes pretty
    pissed off at what we have done in his name.

11. Anti-Citizen1 | Oct 20, 2011 at 4:00 pm |

Just one more day to get your demon slayin’ swords folks.

12. Anarchy Pony | Oct 20, 2011 at 12:00 pm |

Just one more day to get your demon slayin’ swords folks.

13. justagirl | Oct 20, 2011 at 4:40 pm |

who are these… enablers of insanity?  that’s the real story.

14. justagirl | Oct 20, 2011 at 12:40 pm |

who are these… enablers of insanity?  that’s the real story.

• I wonder the same thing. It doesn’t surprise me that there are people like Camping. What I don’t understand is how they get and keep _followers_, particularly the ones who stick by and believe every time like they have forgotten all the previous times the prediction was flat out wrong.

15. I like rapture nuts. They bring down the credibility of christianity… 🙂

16. I like rapture nuts. They bring down the credibility of christianity… 🙂

• NarwhalNecropsy | Oct 20, 2011 at 3:58 pm |

These people that believe in the rapture aren’t really Christians…they’re “Darbyists”.

• Anarchy Pony | Oct 21, 2011 at 4:40 pm |

You can claim all sorts of these people aren’t really christian, but they really are, it’s just some of the details that make them different.

17. With Judgement Day/End of the World TOMORROW (according to Harold Camping) – order your H. Camping University shirts now before it all ends! Special price at $8.25 at http://designsbybrandon.storenvy.com

18. With Judgement Day/End of the World TOMORROW (according to Harold Camping) – order your H. Camping University shirts now before it all ends! Special price at $8.25 at http://designsbybrandon.storenvy.com

19. he is coming for the dood that make tie dyes. got to have a license for those

20. he is coming for the dood that make tie dyes. got to have a license for those

21. I cant wait till i’m in my 70’s or 80’s and start making doomsday proclamations. Of course thats assuming no rapture comes before that time.

22. I cant wait till i’m in my 70’s or 80’s and start making doomsday proclamations. Of course thats assuming no rapture comes before that time.

23. If this poor delusional man wasn’t a long time radio personality supported by an equally delusional religious audience, he’d be on a geri-psych ward pumped full of Geodon.

24. Calypso_1 | Oct 20, 2011 at 2:39 pm |

25. I have a few plans on this day already, can we push it back a day or two?

26. I have a few plans on this day already, can we push it back a day or two?

27. NarwhalNecropsy | Oct 20, 2011 at 7:58 pm |

28. How can you set it on a date when time zones differ in each country?

When this was posted it was already the 21st here, pathetic.

29. How can you set it on a date when time zones differ in each country?

When this was posted it was already the 21st here, pathetic.

• I think we must have a days grace from burning in hellfire haha Oh Praise the LORD!!!

30. Just as credible as the Book of Revelations itself. Which of course was considered blasphemy for nearly a thousand years. However, this guy really makes me miss the crap out of Oral Roberts.

31. Just as credible as the Book of Revelations itself. Which of course was considered blasphemy for nearly a thousand years. However, this guy really makes me miss the crap out of Oral Roberts.

32. Hadrian999 | Oct 20, 2011 at 8:48 pm |

totally getting ready to occupy rick warren’s house tomorrow, who’s down for a party

33. Hadrian999 | Oct 20, 2011 at 4:48 pm |

34. Shawnamorales | Oct 20, 2011 at 9:21 pm |

Listen old man…the Bible says there will be no warning of the Rapture and no Human will be able to predict it…YOu are a FALSE PROPHET.  Get over it!

35. Shawnamorales | Oct 20, 2011 at 5:21 pm |

36. Matthewpond | Oct 20, 2011 at 9:31 pm |

october 21st is my birthday. last week i met a gay man who has the same birthday as me and is exactly half my age. that and my since-childhood atheism flag this up as the sure fire (pun intended ) date of the apocalypse.

37. Matthewpond | Oct 20, 2011 at 9:31 pm |

38. Matthewpond | Oct 20, 2011 at 9:31 pm |

39. Matthewpond | Oct 20, 2011 at 5:31 pm |

40. I for one Hope he’s right, all I have left is hope. This is not my home, I JUST WANA GO HOME, then I wont have to see or hear you all mock us so.

41. I for one Hope he’s right, all I have left is hope. This is not my home, I JUST WANA GO HOME, then I wont have to see or hear you all mock us so.

42. oh come off it Harold! everybody knows the world is REALLY going to end dec 21st 2012! 😛

43. oh come off it Harold! everybody knows the world is REALLY going to end dec 21st 2012! 😛

44. Anonymous | Oct 20, 2011 at 11:39 pm |

45. Anonymous | Oct 21, 2011 at 12:28 am |

Will my warhammer work? It has bonus damage against undead.

46. The sad part is that Harold hasn’t realized that the world ended quite some time ago
    and now we are stumbling through the detritus of the wreckage.

“He turned up in a nursing home after suffering a stroke in June.”
    I predict that Harold will end sometime this year
     and
    he will finally return home to Lord Shiva.

47. BuzzCoastin | Oct 20, 2011 at 10:04 pm |

and now we are stumbling through the detritus of the wreckage.

“He turned up in a nursing home after suffering a stroke in June.”
    I predict that Harold will end sometime this year
     and
    he will finally return home to Lord Shiva.

• Calypso_1 | Oct 21, 2011 at 8:19 am |

O praise to the Three-Eyed One, who increases prosperity, who has a sweet fragrance, who frees the world from all disease and death – liberate me, as the cucumber is easily severed from the vine. O Shiva, grant me immortality!”

48. Anti-Citizen1 | Oct 21, 2011 at 3:29 am |

You are home, and you only make yourself more miserable by denying it.

49. The Rapture IS today, but the only way to make it to Heaven is to get Rapture Certified. The Rapture Card guarantees you VIP access to Heaven when the Rapture comes or your money back. Visit getrapturecertified.com

50. “om tryambhakam yajamahe, sugandhim pushtivardhanam, urvarukamiva bandhanan, mrityor mukshiya maamritat.”

51. What’s all this I hear about a rupture? I had one of those years ago and it wasn’t so bad.

52. What’s all this I hear about a rupture? I had one of those years ago and it wasn’t so bad.

53. Anonymous | Oct 21, 2011 at 3:04 pm |

54. Anonymous | Oct 21, 2011 at 3:15 pm |

55. Anonymous | Oct 21, 2011 at 3:15 pm |

56. Anti-Citizen1 | Oct 21, 2011 at 4:20 pm |

So, here we are. Things seem pretty normal.

57. Anarchy Pony | Oct 21, 2011 at 12:20 pm |

So, here we are. Things seem pretty normal.

58. So we have the day, but what about the time?  It’s getting late and I don’t want to be busy when things get going.

59. So we have the day, but what about the time?  It’s getting late and I don’t want to be busy when things get going.

60. Anti-Citizen1 | Oct 21, 2011 at 8:38 pm |

I kinda know what you mean, that one asteroid, Apophis that will be having the close calls with the earth goes by on my birthday, April 13.

61. Anti-Citizen1 | Oct 21, 2011 at 8:40 pm |

62. Decent point… actually it might be bad if one of them left without the other of them also leaving, as that would mean that the one remaining would need someone new to take out their righteous anger on.

63. MILLITANT03 | Oct 22, 2011 at 11:17 am |

ITS OCT. 22 NOW SHUT THE F@CK UP WITH UR PROPHECIES

64. MILLITANT03 | Oct 22, 2011 at 7:17 am |

ITS OCT. 22 NOW SHUT THE F@CK UP WITH UR PROPHECIES

65. Anonymous | Oct 22, 2011 at 5:01 pm |

G*ddamn it!  Missed ANOTHER rapture!

Ever wonder if the problem isn’t that the prophecies are false, but that there might not be a single saintly person on Earth God deemed fit to rapture?

66. Liam_McGonagle | Oct 22, 2011 at 1:01 pm |

G*ddamn it!  Missed ANOTHER rapture!

67. DeepCough | Oct 22, 2011 at 6:48 pm |

October 22, 2011–
    Goddammit, Jesus, you dropped the ball on us again!

68. justagirl | Oct 23, 2011 at 2:48 pm |

female betta fish.  they get raptured all the time.