Miley Cyrus Gets Political, Supports #OWS

Does the endorsement of Miley Cyrus spell the end of cool for #OWS? Check it out:

majestic

Majestic is gadfly emeritus.

Latest posts by majestic (see all)

56 Comments on "Miley Cyrus Gets Political, Supports #OWS"

1. Anonymous | Nov 29, 2011 at 4:20 pm |

you go Hanna Montana!

1. Audit the Federal Reserve
    2. Reinstate the Glass-Stegal act & stop bank deregulation.
    Support H.R. 1489: Return to Prudent Banking Act of 2011
    3. Reverse #08-205 by Amendment & end cooperate person hood.
    Get money out of politics.
    4. Overhaul the 1% corporate tax code. End the Bush Tax Cuts.

2. you go Hanna Montana!

1. Audit the Federal Reserve
    2. Reinstate the Glass-Stegal act & stop bank deregulation.
    Support H.R. 1489: Return to Prudent Banking Act of 2011
    3. Reverse #08-205 by Amendment & end cooperate person hood.
    Get money out of politics.
    4. Overhaul the 1% corporate tax code. End the Bush Tax Cuts.

3. Did Britney Spears’ endorsement cost Bush re-election or end the war?

4. Did Britney Spears’ endorsement cost Bush re-election or end the war?

5. Meanwhile, in the real world, Disney, home of the some of the more notorious propaganda companies which make up the majority of US media, like ABC network, is one of the worst propaganda tools in the world, Donated $640,000 to George W Bush’s 2000 political campaign, responsible for many human rights violations, systematic environmental disasters, etc etc.

6. Meanwhile, in the real world, Disney, home of the some of the more notorious propaganda companies which make up the majority of US media, like ABC network, is one of the worst propaganda tools in the world, Donated $640,000 to George W Bush’s 2000 political campaign, responsible for many human rights violations, systematic environmental disasters, etc etc.

• MoralDrift | Nov 29, 2011 at 2:49 pm |

Yeah as disgusting as Disney is….does Miley’s employer dictate her personal beliefs? It would seem not to be the case

• Mysophobe | Nov 29, 2011 at 3:30 pm |

Miley Cyrus supports OWS, Hanna Montana supports endless war for freedom.

• I love this comment. I’m a cynical Joe sometimes. But something tells me that Miley Cyrus had seen this remix — http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jngb1hYVAis — of her song and it opened her mind. I know that sounds crazy…. but it’s a hunch I have. And, of course, her handlers don’t mind because her reputation is such that her support of OWS makes people say “aww, too mainstream man.”

• she’s in the business of fitting an image that propagandist put her in. This is Orwell’s world. We’re just living in it.

• I know it was a small part of your comment, but I’d argue that we’re living more in Huxley’s world. I’ve linked to some extremely light reading highlighting this point. Just some food for thought.

• Anarchy Pony | Nov 30, 2011 at 1:49 pm |

To be perfectly realistic, we are really living in a sort of melding of huxley and orwell, and it is getting worse all the time.

• DeepCough | Dec 1, 2011 at 3:07 am |

“To be perfectly realistic, we are really living in a sort of melding of huxley and orwell…”

Yeah, that’s what The Matrix wants you to think.

• Tuna Ghost | Dec 2, 2011 at 8:17 am |

I think it’s fair to let her put her money where her mouth is, so to speak.  She may surprise us.  Shit, she may surprise Disney, who may have her put down for being “off-message”.

7. Jin Onikoroshi | Nov 29, 2011 at 5:03 pm |

both??

8. finally miley!

9. ChristianHypocrite | Nov 29, 2011 at 5:48 pm |

Makes it more cool, sorry!!

10. Rus Archer | Nov 29, 2011 at 1:48 pm |

finally miley!

11. ChristianHypocrite | Nov 29, 2011 at 1:48 pm |

Makes it more cool, sorry!!

12. Anarchy Pony | Nov 29, 2011 at 6:44 pm |

The Filthy Politicians, ladies and gentlemen.

Also, an anthem from Strike Anywhere that fits OWS pretty well, it actually came out before OWS ever started.

13. Anarchy Pony | Nov 29, 2011 at 2:44 pm |

The Filthy Politicians, ladies and gentlemen.

14. Anonymous | Nov 29, 2011 at 6:49 pm |

15. But she mocks Asian people?

16. believein1 | Nov 29, 2011 at 2:59 pm |

But she mocks Asian people?

17. Mysophobe | Nov 29, 2011 at 7:30 pm |

Miley Cyrus supports OWS, Hanna Montana supports endless war for freedom.

18. I’m actually horrified at the idea of being boxed into corner where I…essentially…agree with her about anything…EVER! I admit…just as I’ve accused conservatives of much the same…if Miley comes out in favor of air…I immediately start checking into ways to make do without it. Bright side…unlike the radical right…I control my instincts…not vice versa…so I can bite my tongue and accept that…maybe…just maybe…it will do no real harm to accept that we agree loosely on supporting OWS as much as possible in its struggle to effect positive change in the US. Besides…I’m not sure we can be picky…the other side is more than happy to absorb and welcome the support of as many morons as they can get…and they have millions of them…so if some of the good side happens to be not exactly blessed with staggering intellect…far be it from me to suggest that they have no place at the hearth.

19. I’m actually horrified at the idea of being boxed into corner where I…essentially…agree with her about anything…EVER! I admit…just as I’ve accused conservatives of much the same…if Miley comes out in favor of air…I immediately start checking into ways to make do without it. Bright side…unlike the radical right…I control my instincts…not vice versa…so I can bite my tongue and accept that…maybe…just maybe…it will do no real harm to accept that we agree loosely on supporting OWS as much as possible in its struggle to effect positive change in the US. Besides…I’m not sure we can be picky…the other side is more than happy to absorb and welcome the support of as many morons as they can get…and they have millions of them…so if some of the good side happens to be not exactly blessed with staggering intellect…far be it from me to suggest that they have no place at the hearth.

20. she’s in the business of fitting an image that propagandist put her in. This is Orwell’s world. We’re just living in it.

21. jasonpaulhayes | Nov 29, 2011 at 10:09 pm |

#OCCUPYTEENPOP

22. I know it was a small part of your comment, but I’d argue that we’re living more in Huxley’s world. I’ve linked to some extremely light reading highlighting this point. Just some food for thought.

23. Who?? Wha?? Anyone else smell that?

The odor of a public relations stunt meets image transformation ,meets new album, meets script.

24. Who?? Wha?? Anyone else smell that?

OWS the Movie…

25. Anarchy Pony | Nov 30, 2011 at 5:49 pm |

26. Shark Jumped

27. Shark Jumped

28. Shark Jumped

29. Shark Jumped

30. Shark Jumped

31. Shark Jumped

32. DeepCough | Dec 1, 2011 at 7:06 am |

Hey, it worked for Charlie Sheen.

33. DeepCough | Dec 1, 2011 at 7:07 am |

Yeah, that’s what The Matrix wants you to think.

34. Tuna Ghost | Dec 2, 2011 at 12:17 pm |

35. Tuna Ghost | Dec 2, 2011 at 12:18 pm |

Strange bedfellows and all that, eh

36. Tuna Ghost | Dec 2, 2011 at 12:20 pm |

Science has proven that paparazzi pictures of Ms. Spears’ vagina did more to hurt Al-Queda than Bin Laden’s assassination

37. Anonymous | Dec 5, 2011 at 5:06 pm |

Love that Filthy Politicians track!

38. Anonymous | Dec 5, 2011 at 5:08 pm |

39. The “end of cool for #ows?”  WTF is that supposed to mean, really? lol
    If anything, Miley taking a stand makes her way cooler than I ever thought she was.

40. The “end of cool for #ows?”  WTF is that supposed to mean, really? lol