Texas Scientist’s Invisibility Cloak Prototype

The device created by Ali Aliev, a researcher at University of Texas Dallas, uses threadlike carbon nanotubes. When rapidly heated, they create a mirage effect similar in principle to a stretch of highway on a very hot day. Perfect for keeping a small object hidden:

22 Comments on "Texas Scientist’s Invisibility Cloak Prototype"

1. now try doing that at any other angle than that specific one

2. now try doing that at any other angle than that specific one

3. Anonymous | Nov 11, 2011 at 10:39 pm |

If I really wanted to play with someone’s head, I would tell the world that I’d invented a working invisibility device and then stage a bunch of b*s* theatre and CGI videoclips to demonstrate.  You know, airbrush out the wires or use powerful magnets or what not to manipulate objects in frame and then call it proof of an invisibility device.

No, I wouldn’t convince anyone with two working brain cells.  But I wouldn’t have to.  They account for, what, less than 5% of the population, MAX.  And those aren’t the fellows who write the checks anyhow.

4. Liam_McGonagle | Nov 11, 2011 at 6:39 pm |

5. Anonymous | Nov 11, 2011 at 10:48 pm |

I need this for research. In the womens shower.

6. I need this for research. In the womens shower.

7. Behold, the invisibility cloak. When we rapidly heat you, you become invisible.

8. Behold, the invisibility cloak. When we rapidly heat you, you become invisible.

9. Tinytemper | Nov 11, 2011 at 11:15 pm |

You put your weed in there

10. Tinytemper | Nov 11, 2011 at 7:15 pm |

You put your weed in there

11. Eh? Really i don’t understand why people think that bending light is such a hard thing to do….Space and Gravity do it all the time o.o

12. Eh? Really i don’t understand why people think that bending light is such a hard thing to do….Space and Gravity do it all the time o.o

• Sammy Jenkis | Nov 12, 2011 at 2:54 am |

Space and gravity are not people, you troll.

• People certainly have their own space and their own gravity, and in some way people bend light even if minuscule.

• Anon the Great | Nov 13, 2011 at 5:51 pm |

Since when is someones opinion trolling. I take it your not part of the 5% sammy sam sam

13. Sammy Jenkis | Nov 12, 2011 at 6:54 am |

Space and gravity are not people, you troll.

14. You can do this with a glass of water…

15. You can do this with a glass of water…

16. People certainly have their own space and their own gravity, and in some way people bend light even if minuscule.

17. Anon the Great | Nov 13, 2011 at 9:51 pm |