The Condo at the End of the World: Life Inside a Nuclear Missile Bunker (Video)

Via The Verge:

Edward Peden purchased a former U.S. military launch site in the 1980s, and has been living in it ever since. Meanwhile, Larry Hall is building million-dollar condominiums inside of an underground missile silo.

26 Comments on "The Condo at the End of the World: Life Inside a Nuclear Missile Bunker (Video)"

1. I like the plan where they converted old missile bases to LSD labs better than turning them into survivalist condos.

2. I like the plan where they converted old missile bases to LSD labs better than turning them into survivalist condos.

• MoralDrift | Nov 5, 2011 at 9:03 pm |

yeah….something not cosmically right about riding out the coming storm in the hollowed out rocket tubes of the apocalypse

3. Simiantongue | Nov 6, 2011 at 12:53 am |

Back myself into a hole, nowhere to go. I’ll take my chances with Bartertown. I’ve got skills, I can trade them.

4. Simiantongue | Nov 6, 2011 at 12:53 am |

5. Simiantongue | Nov 5, 2011 at 8:53 pm |

6. Anonymous | Nov 6, 2011 at 1:03 am |

7. Anonymous | Nov 6, 2011 at 1:03 am |

8. Hippie dude turned the dials to read 420 @1:27

9. Hippie dude turned the dials to read 420 @1:27

10. Hippie dude turned the dials to read 420 @1:27

11. Hippie dude turned the dials to read 420 @1:27

12. Hippie dude turned the dials to read 420 @1:27

13. Anti-Citizen1 | Nov 6, 2011 at 4:25 am |

Congratulations, you’ve taken the first steps on the road to becoming a super villian.

14. Anti-Citizen1 | Nov 6, 2011 at 4:25 am |

15. Anarchy Pony | Nov 6, 2011 at 12:25 am |

16. Simiantongue | Nov 6, 2011 at 5:55 am |

I laughed hysterically over the guys sales technique @ 08:01. Convincing an old Jewish woman of the necessity of putting her body in a crematorium. Got to stare open mouthed at the salesman that’s making anecdotes of selling oven space to old Jewish people. Guy’s not just walking that fine line of sanity he’s doing pirouettes.

I know what you’re going to say “He didn’t mean it like that”. Yeah I know that’s my point, he’s clueless about what he’s saying. That makes it funny, I can imagine the astonishment on the old woman’s face as this fool is just prattling on about stuffing her body in an oven, just trying anything he can to sell his shit. ROFL! Pure Americana.

17. Simiantongue | Nov 6, 2011 at 1:55 am |

18. Mr Willow | Nov 6, 2011 at 8:11 am |

Sorry, the brothel’s full. (ha!)

19. Mr Willow | Nov 6, 2011 at 8:11 am |

Sorry, the brothel’s full. (ha!)

20. FALLOUT NEW VEGAS IN REAL LIFE! . I can see these guys living in the bunker long after I’m dead

21. FALLOUT NEW VEGAS IN REAL LIFE! . I can see these guys living in the bunker long after I’m dead

22. Simiantongue | Nov 6, 2011 at 10:40 am |

Elite 🙂

23. just another guy | Mar 12, 2012 at 10:59 am |

You’re right the light gone out on these guys and they don’t even know it yet.