One more reason to vote for Ron Paul. The only candidate even speaking out over this absolute travesty of justice.  Fox News fails to mention that this bill enables indefinite detention of American Citizens and revokes posse comitatus opening the door for martial law in America. Paul Joseph Watson writes on InfoWars:

UPDATE: Obama has dropped his threat to veto the bill and is now expected to sign it into law. Remember — it was Obama’s White House that demanded the law apply to U.S. citizens in the first place.

The bill which would codify into law the indefinite detention without trial of American citizens is about to be passed and sent to Obama’s desk to be signed into law, even as some news outlets still erroneously report that the legislation does not apply to U.S. citizens.

“The House on Wednesday afternoon approved the rule for the 2012 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA), setting up an hour of debate and a vote in the House later this afternoon,” reports the Hill.

Mainstream news outlets like The Hill, as well as neo-con blogs like Red State, are still pretending the indefinite detention provision doesn’t apply to American citizens, even though three of the bill’s primary sponsors, Senator Carl Levin, Senator John McCain, and Senator Lindsey Graham, said it does during speeches on the Senate floor.

Read More: InfoWars

52 Comments on "‘Indefinite Detention’ Bill Heads To Obama’s Desk As White House Drops Veto Threat"

1. really???!!!
    Obummer went back on his promise?
    well i for one
    am shocked and surprised
    he’s been so good about keeping campaign promises
    i thought fer sher wee could take him at his word this time

hope & change, i’m luvin’ it!

2. BuzzCoastin | Dec 15, 2011 at 2:36 am |

really???!!!
    Obummer went back on his promise?
    well i for one
    am shocked and surprised
    he’s been so good about keeping campaign promises
    i thought fer sher wee could take him at his word this time

hope & change, i’m luvin’ it!

• Anon E. Mouse | Dec 15, 2011 at 4:19 pm |

he hasnt done anything his campaign promised. he promised change but everything is still going down the same path lol

3. i'm innocent | Dec 15, 2011 at 12:13 pm |

well…  see y’all in detention

4. i'm innocent | Dec 15, 2011 at 8:13 am |

well…  see y’all in detention

5. DeepCough | Dec 15, 2011 at 12:17 pm |

Obama, if you sign this bill, then you really are a fucking Communist, and that means those goddamned Teabaggers were right all along.

6. DeepCough | Dec 15, 2011 at 8:17 am |

• This is kind of he mindset of everyone on average and why we are where we are at today. No one wants to believe in these “crazy” conspiracy theories but yet common sense will tell you if you look around at the world today it doesnt take a “conspiracy theorist” to see that this world has gone terribly wrong..

And yet people still want undeniable proof. But here is the thing. by the time that proof happens its too fucking late. Mr Bill Cooper warned us of 9/11 and even told us they would blame osama bin laden. Numerous people warned us about the banking system and where it was heading. Thousands of people warned us about corporations and what they were doing to our country, planet. People warned us 10 years ago that we would see an America that would become a police state and declare marshal law..

And all we keep saying is, yeah right ill believe it when i see it. Well guess what people its here. And like a putting a frog in water and slowly rising the temperature. Unfortunatly by the time the frog realizes hes going to boil to death its too late.

So thank your “scientific, must see with my own 2 eyes” society for getting us into this. For a people who claim to be so smart and “scientific” we sure lack the most important trait of all, common sense.

You have nobody but yourselves to blame for this mess. And quite frankly the irresponsibility of people and the lack of good judgment and COMMON SENSE is the reason why we are here, not the politicians. They only take advantage of our gullibility and stupidity.

cant wait to see what the next 10 years brings us.

• DeepCough | Dec 15, 2011 at 1:01 pm |

Ever since religion took over the government, “science and common sense” were ousted and burned at the stake for their blasphemies along with their advocates.

• It is fundamental to (Organic) Conservatism that government is predicated on supernatural/superstitious origins or authority.

It continues to amaze me how many Conservatives fail to recognize this feature of their own political ideology.

Of course, when it’s my god it’s a religion but when it’s your god it’s a superstition.

• Princehapnik | Dec 18, 2011 at 7:01 pm |

The people that are indicating a dislike of your message must be communists too or just too damm stupid to know what the hell is happening! We are ALL being set up to get screwed by our own govt.

7. This is kind of he mindset of everyone on average and why we are where we are at today. No one wants to believe in these “crazy” conspiracy theories but yet common sense will tell you if you look around at the world today it doesnt take a “conspiracy theorist” to see that this world has gone terribly wrong..

cant wait to see what the next 10 years brings us.

8. Anonymous | Dec 15, 2011 at 1:43 pm |

9. My living in the hills idea seems less crazy by the day.  Time to go stock up on ammo I guess.

10. “…becomes destructive of these ends, it is the…”

11. “…becomes destructive of these ends, it is the…”

12. I ♥ Big Brother!  ☺

13. I ♥ Big Brother!  ☺

14. I ♥ Big Brother!  ☺

15. Rex Vestri | Dec 15, 2011 at 4:46 pm |

“When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross.” – Sinclair Lewis, 1935

16. Rex Vestri | Dec 15, 2011 at 12:46 pm |

– Sinclair Lewis, 1935

17. DeepCough | Dec 15, 2011 at 5:01 pm |

18. DeepCough | Dec 15, 2011 at 5:01 pm |

19. It is fundamental to (Organic) Conservatism that government is predicated on supernatural/superstitious origins or authority.

20. Stockpiled ammo is nice, but you may want to look into acquiring a progressive reloader.

21. Bulletz808 | Dec 15, 2011 at 5:36 pm |

Funny how the “war in Iraq” ends today when this bill is about to be passed, definitely using it as a diversion.

22. Bulletz808 | Dec 15, 2011 at 1:36 pm |

23. Thank You Camron, for posting this here.

More people really need to be aware of this.

24. Thank You Camron, for posting this here.

More people really need to be aware of this.

25. Hey everybody!  I’d like all of you to actually read this bill.  If that’s too much for you, please just read sections 1031 and 1032, and all the subsections within (These are the sections everyone is all riled up about) .  Then, I’d like you to splash some cold water on your face, look in the mirror, and say, “Wow!  I really need to think for myself!  I almost had an aneurism over a document that SOMEONE ELSE told me contained laws that actually don’t affect any of me, or my fellow US citizens at all!  AND this fact wasn’t even hidden, it was written in plain english.  Boy, that was a close one!  Maybe this is why my country is in the place it is, I’m letting everyone else think for me!”  Believe me, you’ll feel much better.  Do you ever wonder why articles like this, focusing on the bill never actually include the text or even a link to it?  Well, it’s because there is nothing in their statements that can be backed up by fact.  READ IT, AND LEARN TO INVESTIGATE THE TRUTH FOR YOURSELF.

26. Hey everybody!  I’d like all of you to actually read this bill.  If that’s too much for you, please just read sections 1031 and 1032, and all the subsections within (These are the sections everyone is all riled up about) .  Then, I’d like you to splash some cold water on your face, look in the mirror, and say, “Wow!  I really need to think for myself!  I almost had an aneurism over a document that SOMEONE ELSE told me contained laws that actually don’t affect any of me, or my fellow US citizens at all!  AND this fact wasn’t even hidden, it was written in plain english.  Boy, that was a close one!  Maybe this is why my country is in the place it is, I’m letting everyone else think for me!”  Believe me, you’ll feel much better.  Do you ever wonder why articles like this, focusing on the bill never actually include the text or even a link to it?  Well, it’s because there is nothing in their statements that can be backed up by fact.  READ IT, AND LEARN TO INVESTIGATE THE TRUTH FOR YOURSELF.

• So anyhow, here’s a link to the bill.

The pertinent sections begin on page 359.

The part of section 1032 which seems to exclude American Citizens reads:

(1) UNITED STATES CITIZENS.—The require-
      ment to detain a person in military custody under
      this section does not extend to citizens of the United
      States.

Which to me means, the Military doesn’t HAVE to keep custody of the person if they don’t want to (meaning they can turn them over to the civil authorities if they’d prefer) but they sure can if they so desire.

Plus there’s some sort of “Waiver for National Security” which could mean anything at all…

If we’ve learned anything from the John Yoo experience or the secret interpretations of the “Patriot Act” and “Use of Force Authorization”,which the govt still refuses to release, we’ve learned that the Feds are willing to take any perceived loophole and stretch it in a way that would make the goatse guy proud.

Which makes me wonder if you’re some sort of paid shill or simply a moron.

• Still not comforted.
         So, the law doesn’t require that American citizens be placed in military custody.  Big deal.  It doesn’t ban it either.  So, it’s still an option.  And, you can bet your ass it’s an option they’ll exercise whenever they damn well please.

• Oh, I agree with you entirely.

My first comment under this story sums up my opinion on it, though perhaps I was too abstruse.

I’ll restate: This is simply unacceptable.

And when I say “unacceptable” I literally mean I won’t accept it.

• Requisition | Dec 15, 2011 at 5:02 pm |

You picked the wrong site to spread your propaganda. You ALSO failed to provide a link and then condemn others for doing the same.

“Which makes me wonder if you’re some sort of paid shill or simply a moron”

@Zenc:disqus  The latter.

• i know you want to win at this political game that most people like to play but the main point is that there is no need for a bill like this.

27. Anonymousguest | Dec 15, 2011 at 7:32 pm |

I do not normally rant about stuff like this but I am going on the soap box for this one.  Should all of this come as a surprise to anyone.  All of us non conformers should probably prepare for ‘re-education’ so that we conform to the smoke and mirrors society we call America.  From a tactical standpoint the United states stands near the edge of a major revolution.  In case you didn’t notice the entire state of the world is in flux, the U.S just happens to be the ‘capitol’ of the world.  The upper brass firmly believes that by initiating the NDAA it has the opportunity to neutralize a threat before it even manifests itself.  The threat being OWS.  I do not enjoy making references to movies or comics.  But Alan Moore’s book and movie V for Vendetta saw this whole scenario coming a mile away.

28. Anonymousguest | Dec 15, 2011 at 3:32 pm |

29. Anon E. Mouse | Dec 15, 2011 at 8:19 pm |

30. So anyhow, here’s a link to the bill.

The pertinent sections begin on page 359.

The part of section 1032 which seems to exclude American Citizens reads:

(1) UNITED STATES CITIZENS.—The require-
    ment to detain a person in military custody under
    this section does not extend to citizens of the United
    States.

Which makes me wonder if you’re some sort of paid shill or simply a moron.

31. Requisition | Dec 15, 2011 at 9:02 pm |

“Which makes me wonder if you’re some sort of paid shill or simply a moron”

@Zenc:disqus  The latter.

32. Tuna Ghost | Dec 15, 2011 at 9:53 pm |

Welp I’m not so proud I can’t admit when I’m wrong.  I really did not expect Obama to pull away his veto, which makes me wonder what the revisions were.  FBI dude is still not happy, apparently.

33. Tuna Ghost | Dec 15, 2011 at 5:53 pm |

34. i know you want to win at this political game that most people like to play but the main point is that there is no need for a bill like this.

35. Anonymous | Dec 16, 2011 at 6:44 am |

Still not comforted.

36. Oh, I agree with you entirely.

I’ll restate: This is simply unacceptable.

And when I say “unacceptable” I literally mean I won’t accept it.

37. Everyone has a breaking point.

38. Princehapnik | Dec 18, 2011 at 11:01 pm |