Hunter S. Thompson Vs. A Hells Angel Biker on a Talk Show (Video)

38 Comments on "Hunter S. Thompson Vs. A Hells Angel Biker on a Talk Show (Video)"

1. Great stuff, this is a keeper. The Hell’s Angel guy is better spoke than Hunter Thompson.

2. Great stuff, this is a keeper. The Hell’s Angel guy is better spoke than Hunter Thompson.

• NarwhalNecropsy | Dec 11, 2011 at 8:07 pm |

Are you serious? He just keeps interrupting him and trying to make an extremely stupid point about beating your wife, and how it’s your own business. This whole video, the crowd included is stupid as hell.

• Misterfurious1 | Dec 11, 2011 at 9:44 pm |

Yeah, what a freaky little joke that whole set up was. What the hell is so funny or acceptable about a guy beating his wife? Jesus Christ.

Anyhow, Thompson was proven right in the long-run. The Angels proved themselves to be violent drug addicts with little to no redeeming social qualities. Thank goodness most of the romance and glamour associated with the gang is gone. Now they’re reduced to peddling meth and getting into petty wars with the Bandidos over worthless territory.

• this was in the good ol’ days when you could beat your wife or kick your dog.

All things considered it was still pretty funny in a morbid kinda way

• I agree. People gotta fucking slow down and stop being so serious. This was in the late 60’s when things were starting to change. Of course its not right or funny for a lady to get the shit kicked out of her, but unfortunately this video is hilarious. For the rest of you. Pull the tampon out of your ass. I have personal experience with abuse and i can still sit back and laugh at this.

• E.B. Wolf | Dec 12, 2011 at 10:55 am |

Well, the guy didn’t say it was acceptable. He said it was between them. He was right.

• misterfurious1 | Dec 12, 2011 at 12:14 pm |

Bullshit. If a female or a child is being beaten by a larger, stronger male in front of me, it now becomes my business. It is now between “us.” If you want to keep it between you and your wife, do it in the privacy of your own home. The second you behave a certain way in front of others, you include them in the situation.

• People like you become soldiers, cops, firefighters. You won’t be an internet troll forever. Let these pussy’s rot on here. The only reason I’m a troll is because I’m a hurt ex cop. … guess what I’ll be on the road soon. I hope to see you there.

• E.B. Wolf | Dec 13, 2011 at 7:12 pm |

Good luck with that philosophy. Just don’t be surprised if it causes you to be gang-beaten one day… with the “damsel in distress” you were trying to rescue cheering them on.

• and don’t be surprised if your philosophy gets you gang-beaten one day…

• its against the law and its not a freedom of experssion. Your between them comment is a nice troll.

3. Anonymous | Dec 11, 2011 at 10:58 pm |

Hells Angels is a really great book by a great writer.

4. Hells Angels is a really great book by a great writer.

5. NarwhalNecropsy | Dec 12, 2011 at 12:07 am |

6. Misterfurious1 | Dec 12, 2011 at 1:44 am |

7. this was in the good ol’ days when you could beat your wife or kick your dog.

All things considered it was still pretty funny in a morbid kinda way

8. CaptainJeanlucPicard | Dec 12, 2011 at 5:50 am |

All access hey guys? Whatever you want to know… No caged illusions… Time will tell, I am clockmaker.

9. CaptainJeanlucPicard | Dec 12, 2011 at 1:50 am |

10. E.B. Wolf | Dec 12, 2011 at 2:55 pm |

11. misterfurious1 | Dec 12, 2011 at 4:14 pm |

12. I never understand shit of what Hunter says.

13. I never understand shit of what Hunter says.

14. I never understand shit of what Hunter says.

15. So HST stood up to an Angel, told him to stop beating his wife, and took a beating for it… for all the bad boy mythology around HST this incident shows the truth — he was a decent man with real moral courage when it mattered.

16. So HST stood up to an Angel, told him to stop beating his wife, and took a beating for it… for all the bad boy mythology around HST this incident shows the truth — he was a decent man with real moral courage when it mattered.

17. Thompson has influenced the past few generations with his
    invention of Gonzo Journalism.  The Good
    Doctor broke the mold on writing and changed the world and the voice of
    counter-culture.  His work and antics
    will live on to influence even more generations to come.  I paid tribute to Hunter S Thompson and his
    work with my portrait and article on my artist’s blog at http://dregstudiosart.blogspot.com/2011/02/in-memoriam-hunter-s-thompson.html

18. Thompson has influenced the past few generations with his
    invention of Gonzo Journalism.  The Good
    Doctor broke the mold on writing and changed the world and the voice of
    counter-culture.  His work and antics

19. I agree. People gotta fucking slow down and stop being so serious. This was in the late 60’s when things were starting to change. Of course its not right or funny for a lady to get the shit kicked out of her, but unfortunately this video is hilarious. For the rest of you. Pull the tampon out of your ass. I have personal experience with abuse and i can still sit back and laugh at this.

20. I agree. People gotta fucking slow down and stop being so serious. This was in the late 60’s when things were starting to change. Of course its not right or funny for a lady to get the shit kicked out of her, but unfortunately this video is hilarious. For the rest of you. Pull the tampon out of your ass. I have personal experience with abuse and i can still sit back and laugh at this.

21. Misinformation | Dec 13, 2011 at 4:12 am |

Oh goodness. See, the cultural divide really wasn’t that great in the late 60’s. Both squares and the counterculture could agree and applaud, “To keep a woman in line you got to beat her like a rug every once in a while”. It’s a glimpse into America’s golden past. Thanks old people, you’re the best!

22. Misinformation | Dec 13, 2011 at 12:12 am |

23. People like you become soldiers, cops, firefighters. You won’t be an internet troll forever. Let these pussy’s rot on here. The only reason I’m a troll is because I’m a hurt ex cop. … guess what I’ll be on the road soon. I hope to see you there.

24. E.B. Wolf | Dec 13, 2011 at 11:12 pm |

25. and don’t be surprised if your philosophy gets you gang-beaten one day…

26. god bless america, reminds me of the republican debate crowds.

27. god bless america, reminds me of the republican debate crowds.

28. its against the law and its not a freedom of experssion. Your between them comment is a nice troll.