North Korean Leader Kim Jong-il Dead

Kim Jong-ilReports David Chance and Jack Kim of Reuters:

North Korean leader Kim Jong-il died of a heart attack while on a train trip, state media reported on Monday, sparking immediate concern over who is in control of the reclusive state and its nuclear program.

A tearful television announcer dressed in black said the 69-year old had died on Saturday of physical and mental over-work on his way to give “field guidance” — a reference to advice dispensed by the “Dear Leader” on his trips to factories, farms and military bases.

Kim Jong-un, Kim Jong-il’s youngest son, was named by North Korea’s official news agency KCNA as the “great successor” to his father, which lauded him as “the outstanding leader of our party, army and people.”

Read More: Reuters

23 Comments on "North Korean Leader Kim Jong-il Dead"

1. I’m so Ronery, so ronery, so ronery and sadry arone, There’s no one, just me onry, sitting on my rittle throne.

2. I’m so Ronery, so ronery, so ronery and sadry arone, There’s no one, just me onry, sitting on my rittle throne.

3. Rebel Rebel rest in peace.

4. Rebel Rebel rest in peace.

5. Rebel Rebel rest in peace.

6. Anonymous | Dec 19, 2011 at 2:47 pm |

Oh what a Glorious funeral this is going to be.  No doubt there will be signs in heaven, trees fruiting upon the winter solstice, the Dear Leader appearing in children’s dreams –smiling, laughing in fatherly beneficence, his belly shaking like a bowl full of dotorimuk.

7. Calypso_1 | Dec 19, 2011 at 10:47 am |

8. DeepCough | Dec 19, 2011 at 2:53 pm |

Kim Jong Il is dead? Thank you, Team America.

AMERICAN–FUCK YEAH!

9. Let’s see how the situation will be… and how the “great successor” will run it.

10. Let’s see how the situation will be… and how the “great successor” will run it.

11. Anarchy Pony | Dec 19, 2011 at 5:54 pm |

Now let’s watch the imperial vultures swoop in on them.

12. Anarchy Pony | Dec 19, 2011 at 1:54 pm |

Now let’s watch the imperial vultures swoop in on them.

• Calypso_1 | Dec 19, 2011 at 3:04 pm |

Indeed, I’m waiting for old man saud to kick off – that’s going to be a real fun show.  I have no doubt much of the ‘arab spring’ has been a round of 5-card draw realigning all the players for that eventuality.

13. Anonymous | Dec 19, 2011 at 7:04 pm |

14. His son is more worrisome.

15. His son is more worrisome.

16. The death of a good man, how sad…

Just kidding, people like this make me wish hell was actually a real place.

17. The death of a good man, how sad…

Just kidding, people like this make me wish hell was actually a real place.

18. felix neo | Jan 2, 2012 at 2:34 am |

what is the future of north and south Korea? reunite?

19. felix neo | Jan 1, 2012 at 10:34 pm |

what is the future of north and south Korea? reunite?