Shocking 9/11 Architecture

Gawker says what we’re all thinking (aside from the architects perhaps):

“AAAAAGH! YOU HAVE ERECTED A TERRIFYING MONUMENT TO THE NIGHTMARES OF 9/11!!!” was probably not the reaction that Seoul-based Yongsan Dream Hub corporation had in mind when they unveiled their plans today for an ambitious new construction project: Two high-rises connected by a “pixelated cloud” structure that, tragically, calls to mind the kinds of images you don’t really want to call to mind when looking at a new set of twin towers…

Via Gawker

Via Gawker

Full story at Gawker.

majestic

Majestic is gadfly emeritus.

Latest posts by majestic (see all)

52 Comments on "Shocking 9/11 Architecture"

1. That is quite possibly the funniest thing I have ever seen…brilliant!

2. That is quite possibly the funniest thing I have ever seen…brilliant!

3. Mysophobe | Dec 11, 2011 at 4:20 pm |

Never never never never never never never forget 9/11. Don’t you dare forget 9/11. But don’t commemorate it in a distasteful way either. America was attacked because they hate us for our freedom. Show some respect and don’t cheapen it or exploit it, that’s our job.

4. Mysophobe | Dec 11, 2011 at 12:20 pm |

• They hate us because of our freedom? Wish i lived in the dream world you did!!!

• Mysophobe | Dec 11, 2011 at 3:27 pm |

I shoulda put that part in quotes. They problably hated us for something we did to them and their people, assuming there ever even was an adversarial “they” behind it to begin with.

• Ceausescu | Dec 11, 2011 at 4:02 pm |

Your perspective on 9/11 is most likely false.

I suggest you start educating yourself by watching the movie “Network” ( 1976 ). It is very ahead of its time, in terms of predicting the future.

• Mysophobe | Dec 11, 2011 at 5:13 pm |

Seen it. Great story, but you’re going to have to enlighten me as to it’s immense educational value to me with regards to this topic. I prefer to educate myself with actual facts, concepts and observations rather than fictional tales, however profound. I should note that I meant “middle eastern outsider adversarial they”. Even so, I’m not sure I expressed a perspective that could easily be labeled as true or false, considering that almost every perspective on this subject is likely “false” as you say. I merely expressed doubt in the official story while speculating on the motivations of the SUPPOSED adversaries, should the official story be true. If you believe that this is a “false perspective” I don’t know what to tell you. You seem to be implying that the “true perspective” is belief in the official story and requisite supposed motivations?

• You come in here spewing propaganda almost daring people to argue with you, and as soon as they do, you act like a self-important intellectual. WELL, which is it!?!?

• Mysophobe | Dec 12, 2011 at 10:25 am |

I guess I need to stop being facetious on the Internet. People are apparently easily offended by a group of words that aren’t arranged the way they’d prefer. I’m no intellectual, but when I dude tells me to educate myself with a movie that’s been part of the cultural lexicon for decades I do get a chuckle.

• Mysophobe | Dec 12, 2011 at 10:46 am |

Let me try my first comment again in a different way that might be more easily understood:

“America is gonna ride this 9/11 victimhood pony til the wheels fall off and the rest of the world is gonna shut up and like it, or we’re gonna start acting like victims all over again.”

better?

• Mysophobe | Dec 12, 2011 at 11:20 am |

To clear up my comment about supposed adversaries:
          The perps were either rank amateur pilots “flying erratically”, “fighting for control”, “fighting with his own craft” as bystanders and flight records have supposedly purported…or they were military trained pilots executing fighter jet maneuvers, perfectly threading 3 out of 4 needles on the same day doing 500 knots in huge clumsy aircraft. Which is it? I’m also open to a third possibility that the entire narrative is a fabrication.

5. I thought the building looked interesting. Not everything is about the US and not everything is about 9/11

6. I thought the building looked interesting. Not everything is about the US and not everything is about 9/11

7. They hate us because of our freedom? Wish i lived in the dream world you did!!!

8. Suddenly Spam! | Dec 11, 2011 at 7:01 pm |

Korea be trolling.

9. Korea be trolling.

10. Mysophobe | Dec 11, 2011 at 7:27 pm |

11. Ceausescu | Dec 11, 2011 at 8:02 pm |

Your perspective on 9/11 is most likely false.

12. DeepCough | Dec 11, 2011 at 8:23 pm |

Here’s the interesting coincidence between these two structures:

BOTH WERE INSIDE JOBS!

13. DeepCough | Dec 11, 2011 at 4:23 pm |

Here’s the interesting coincidence between these two structures:

BOTH WERE INSIDE JOBS!

14. Mysophobe | Dec 11, 2011 at 9:13 pm |

15. Anonymous | Dec 11, 2011 at 11:00 pm |

What amazing architecture!

16. What amazing architecture!

17. Camron Wiltshire | Dec 12, 2011 at 1:48 am |

18. Wow… This comes to mind.  http://911blogger.com/news/2007-09-12/world-truth-center-9112007-university-texas  and this as well.

19. Deb_walker767 | Dec 12, 2011 at 2:47 am |

That’s awful.

20. Deb_walker767 | Dec 11, 2011 at 10:47 pm |

That’s awful.

21. No wonder he had health problems.

22. YUP I LIKE IT TOO!!!

23. I like the design on the right. The one on the left looks a tad contrived.

24. DrDavidKelly | Dec 12, 2011 at 1:29 am |

I like the design on the right. The one on the left looks a tad contrived.

25. Funny, I had the same reaction, except reversed.

26. You come in here spewing propaganda almost daring people to argue with you, and as soon as they do, you act like a self-important intellectual. WELL, which is it!?!?

27. Mysophobe | Dec 12, 2011 at 2:25 pm |

28. Mysophobe | Dec 12, 2011 at 2:46 pm |

better?

29. Mysophobe | Dec 12, 2011 at 3:20 pm |

To clear up my comment about supposed adversaries:

30. DeepCough | Dec 12, 2011 at 3:32 pm |

Yeah, remember when they started taking the WTC out of movies before 2001? Political correctness gone fucking amok.

31. I forgot about that…. just plain stupid….

32. Anonymous | Dec 14, 2011 at 4:08 am |