Third World Canada

The Canadian media’s furor and spin on the following story is demonstrable proof that any and all attempts to de-legitimise Indigenous self-government and exploit Aboriginal territories for resources is not only allowed, it is welcomed. These policies are based on historical paternalistic colonialism, which is explicitly intended to systematically disenfranchise Native peoples.

Note as per this story , Canada spends MORE than two times per capita on non-natives for social infrastructure (housing, education, healthcare) than it does on aboriginal people. The amount reported in the Al Jazeera story below, is the entire budget, and does not include any additional civil infrastructure (roads, transport links) funds, which is normally separate from social spending:

65 Comments on "Third World Canada"

1. Canadian here they get free schooling, Indian Gaming(casinos), cheap gas and food, when they have kids they get almost double in tax breaks compared to a non Indian, they have their own courts on some reserves, when they have kids they get money from the government monthly until the child turns 18, and all the while they act like the white man is keeping them down. So we get one thing while are taxes and schooling are higher because we also have to pay for theirs.

2. Canadian here they get free schooling, Indian Gaming(casinos), cheap gas and food, when they have kids they get almost double in tax breaks compared to a non Indian, they have their own courts on some reserves, when they have kids they get money from the government monthly until the child turns 18, and all the while they act like the white man is keeping them down. So we get one thing while are taxes and schooling are higher because we also have to pay for theirs.

• Jin The Ninja | Dec 7, 2011 at 12:28 am |

i think the national post website is missing a troll.

if living in a shack is so great, you should really move to a reserve- see how long you last.

• BuzzCoastin | Dec 7, 2011 at 12:39 am |

yeah
      eye saw the video
      looks like they’re doing even better than you said they were
      super cool housing
      and i bet with all that high income they make from the ice
      the tax breaks are a huge windfall

• They have houses in neighborhoods around where I live that they get for free for 4 years at a time, their is never any upkeep, and they get everything handed to them. If you got a treaty card you never have to work, or try at anything. SO fuck them.

• BuzzCoastin | Dec 8, 2011 at 3:57 am |

your ancestors stole their land, resources and way of life
          and now you call it your neighborhood
          SO fuck U and yer Gad Damned ungratefulness

• Calypso_1 | Dec 7, 2011 at 10:28 am |

I used to think indigs the world over had gotten a pretty raw deal but you’ve convinced me otherwise.  I think I’m finally ready to take on my share of the white man’s burden.  Thanks!

• This is all the crap they get in Ontario similar elsewhere in Canada. http://www.aboriginalaffairs.gov.on.ca/english/faq/faq.asp

• Calypso_1 | Dec 7, 2011 at 11:14 am |

…and the shill comes out, I sure wasn’t expecting a plug for the Ministry of Aboriginal Affairs!

• Anarchy Pony | Dec 7, 2011 at 1:18 pm |

Hmm, maybe if your filthy ancestors hadn’t commited genocide against them, stolen their land, and done everything they could to destroy their traditional lifestyles, they would be independent and living off the land instead of having to suck at a government tit, and you wouldn’t have to be a whiny little bitch ass tumor complaining about it, go suck on an exhaust pipe you ignorant piece of human garbage.

• That’s what happens throughout history, you show me one area where the people living there are from that place originally, we shouldn’t have to apologize and compensate the lazy offspring because of their ancestors lives. It’s just another way to be politically correct, which is bullshit.

• EyeoftheAxis | Dec 7, 2011 at 4:03 pm |

So it’s good to know, your not morally opposed to someone raping your wife
          and daughter before they kill them and the rest of your people. Or someone
          taking all your stuff, burning your house, sending you on a forced march to a
          concentration camp, and building a factory on top of your families blood soaked
          soil… that’s cool, cause I just bought your entire town from a guy for five
          bucks. LOL – so time to move on, sorry about your job you’ll find a new one.
          BUT Hell if your going to be pissed… Tell you what, I’ll give you some moldy
          cheese and you can build a casino in the middle of nowhere. My friend will run
          it for you. You’ll be rich! And it will be all good, no hard feelings… shit
          happens. OK Pussy Pink? You don’t mind if I call you Pussy Pink do you? I didn’t
          think you would, not like you are politically correct.

• I’m Canadian as well. I live 45km (around 20 miles or so) away from a reserve. I deal with Natives daily. It seems you have lumped all of the Natives together into one big group here.
      SOME of the most problematic ones I find are the ones still living on the reserve. Reserve life is nowhere near great. I see elderly Natives being beaten and abused by younger groups adolescents. There is violence, poverty, drug & substance abuse, etc. At least one house on the reserve burns down every few weeks. It’s literally a ‘ghetto,’ and the reason why it is a ghetto is because the Chiefs of the Reserve receive the money, and don’t evenly distribute it or use it to benefit the reserve.
      Any of the Natives that move off of the reserve do pay taxes. I hear more and more every day about more of them in fact moving off the reserve to better their lives.
      But in the end, no race is perfect. You can not say that all of the Natives think the ‘white man’ is keeping them down.

3. our

4. Jin (仁) | Dec 7, 2011 at 4:28 am |

didn’t watch the video.

5. yeah
    eye saw the video
    looks like they’re doing even better than you said they were
    super cool housing
    and i bet with all that high income they make from the ice
    the tax breaks are a huge windfall

6. Seth Greene | Dec 7, 2011 at 5:17 am |

Canada full of bunch of pussies

7. Seth Greene | Dec 7, 2011 at 1:17 am |

Canada full of bunch of pussies

8. Poor white people, you fuckers never get a break, do you? Life’s so hard…

Fuck you (and I’m not Native, but I like them a lot more than I like you WASP cocksuckers).

9. Poor white people, you fuckers never get a break, do you? Life’s so hard…

10. They refuse to look after their homes because they know the government will just build them new houses in a couple of years, they also get drunk and use building materials as firewood.

11. They refuse to look after their homes because they know the government will just build them new houses in a couple of years, they also get drunk and use building materials as firewood.

• But the main issue is corrupt band leaders hoarding the money

• Calypso_1 | Dec 7, 2011 at 9:46 am |

Right on, I’m so tired of playing a gig only to be told the club stiffed us and then see the door guy slip the singer a fat roll of bills.

12. But the main issue is corrupt band leaders hoarding the money

13. They have houses in neighborhoods around where I live that they get for free for 4 years at a time, their is never any upkeep, and they get everything handed to them. If you got a treaty card you never have to work, or try at anything. SO fuck them.

14. The Natives in Canada lived off the land for thousands of years and thrived.Than the Indian Act was introduced.The kids were put into residentual schools to be striped off their culture.Now the new generation dont know how to live off the land.They get little to no education because the education system they have is a complete joke.They have no skills and no where to work.
    If you say fuck them.You dont have a fucking clue whats really going on here.The Canadian gov wants us to have this fuck them attitude it makes everything real easy for them.You have to remember the gov controls us and they do it well.Wake the fuck up and get your head out of your ass if you say fuck them.

15. The Natives in Canada lived off the land for thousands of years and thrived.Than the Indian Act was introduced.The kids were put into residentual schools to be striped off their culture.Now the new generation dont know how to live off the land.They get little to no education because the education system they have is a complete joke.They have no skills and no where to work.

16. Anonymous | Dec 7, 2011 at 1:46 pm |

17. Jin (仁) | Dec 7, 2011 at 1:50 pm |

or f*ck you, for being a racist uniformed idiot.

18. Anonymous | Dec 7, 2011 at 2:28 pm |

19. Anonymous | Dec 7, 2011 at 2:28 pm |

20. I wish all Savages lived like this.

21. I wish all Savages lived like this.

• Calypso_1 | Dec 7, 2011 at 11:24 am |

Oh come now, you’ve never really met a savage have you? Especially one of the capital ‘S’ variety.  I assure you’d be far less sanguine in demeanor.  You only meet a Savage when a Savage wants to meet you.  Sweet Dreams.

• i would like to kick your ass.

• Mr Willow | Dec 7, 2011 at 2:13 pm |

Alright, who let the asshole off his leash?

Edit: Actually, I’m a bit confused. You made their lives seem positively heavenly above, with all the subsides and handouts you described them getting—I mean, your descriptions have nearly convinced me to move to this very village and paint my face (white, you see), just to experience a life as good as theirs—but here, your derogatory label would imply their conditions to be less-than-desirable, to put it mildly.

Which is it? Are they sitting on the fluffy cushion of government support, or do they endure demoralising conditions befitting the stereotypical image of your term of ‘savages’.

22. This is all the crap they get in Ontario similar elsewhere in Canada. http://www.aboriginalaffairs.gov.on.ca/english/faq/faq.asp

23. Anonymous | Dec 7, 2011 at 3:14 pm |

24. Anonymous | Dec 7, 2011 at 3:24 pm |

Oh come now, you’ve never really met a savage have you? Especially one of the capital ‘S’ variety.  I assure you’d be far less sanguine in demeanor.  You only meet a savage when a savage wants to meet you.  Sweet Dreams.

25. i would like to kick your ass.

26. well, at least us natives got one thing going for us…..
    ‘I told him that it had to do with an argument we had
    had some years before about the Yaqui Indians. In the
    course of his teachings for the right side, he had tried
    to tell me about the advantages that the Yaquis could
    find in being oppressed. I had passionately argued that
    there were no possible advantages in the wretched
    conditions in which they lived. And I had told him that
    I could not understand how, being a Yaqui himself, he
    did not react against such a flagrant injustice.

He had listened attentively. Then, when I was sure
    he was going to defend his point, he agreed that the
    conditions of the Yaqui Indians were indeed
    wretched. But he pointed out that it was useless to
    single out the Yaquis when life conditions of man in
    general were horrendous.

“Don’t just feel sorry for the poor Yaqui Indians,”
    he had said. “Feel sorry for mankind. In the case of
    the Yaqui Indians, I can even say they’re the lucky
    ones. They are oppressed, and because of that, some
    of them may come out triumphant in the end. But the
    oppressors, the petty tyrants that tread upon them,
    they don’t have a chance in hell.”

I had immediately answered him with a barrage of
    political slogans. I had not understood his point at all.
    He again tried to explain to me the concept of petty
    tyrants, but the whole idea bypassed me. It was only
    now that everything fit into place.

“Nothing has fit into place yet,” he said, laughing
    at what I had told him. “Tomorrow, when you are in
    your normal state of awareness, you won’t even re-
    member what you’ve realized now.”

I felt utterly depressed, for I knew he was right.

“What’s going to happen to you is what happened
    to me,” he continued. “My benefactor, the nagual
    Julian, made me realize in heightened awareness what
    you have realized yourself about petty tyrants. And I
    ended up, in my daily life, changing my opinions with-
    out knowing why.

“I had always been oppressed, so I had real venom
    toward my oppressors, imagine my surprise when I
    found myself seeking the company of petty tyrants. I
    thought I had lost my mind.”

-The Fire from Within

27. well, at least us natives got one thing going for us…..
    ‘I told him that it had to do with an argument we had
    had some years before about the Yaqui Indians. In the
    course of his teachings for the right side, he had tried
    to tell me about the advantages that the Yaquis could
    find in being oppressed. I had passionately argued that
    there were no possible advantages in the wretched
    conditions in which they lived. And I had told him that
    I could not understand how, being a Yaqui himself, he
    did not react against such a flagrant injustice.

He had listened attentively. Then, when I was sure
    he was going to defend his point, he agreed that the
    conditions of the Yaqui Indians were indeed
    wretched. But he pointed out that it was useless to
    single out the Yaquis when life conditions of man in
    general were horrendous.

“Don’t just feel sorry for the poor Yaqui Indians,”
    he had said. “Feel sorry for mankind. In the case of
    the Yaqui Indians, I can even say they’re the lucky
    ones. They are oppressed, and because of that, some
    of them may come out triumphant in the end. But the
    oppressors, the petty tyrants that tread upon them,
    they don’t have a chance in hell.”

I had immediately answered him with a barrage of
    political slogans. I had not understood his point at all.
    He again tried to explain to me the concept of petty
    tyrants, but the whole idea bypassed me. It was only
    now that everything fit into place.

“Nothing has fit into place yet,” he said, laughing
    at what I had told him. “Tomorrow, when you are in
    your normal state of awareness, you won’t even re-
    member what you’ve realized now.”

I felt utterly depressed, for I knew he was right.

“What’s going to happen to you is what happened
    to me,” he continued. “My benefactor, the nagual
    Julian, made me realize in heightened awareness what
    you have realized yourself about petty tyrants. And I
    ended up, in my daily life, changing my opinions with-
    out knowing why.

“I had always been oppressed, so I had real venom
    toward my oppressors, imagine my surprise when I
    found myself seeking the company of petty tyrants. I
    thought I had lost my mind.”

-The Fire from Within

bargained that down to assault with a deadly weapon, and then they plea
    bargained that down to being an Indian in the 20th century… an he got two
    years in Walla-Walla.

Will there never be an end to the Indian
    wars?

34. Mr Willow | Dec 7, 2011 at 6:13 pm |

Alright, who let the asshole off his leash?

35. That’s what happens throughout history, you show me one area where the people living there are from that place originally, we shouldn’t have to apologize and compensate the lazy offspring because of their ancestors lives. It’s just another way to be politically correct, which is bullshit.

36. EyeoftheAxis | Dec 7, 2011 at 8:03 pm |

So it’s good to know, your not morally opposed to someone raping your wife
    and daughter before they kill them and the rest of your people. Or someone
    taking all your stuff, burning your house, sending you on a forced march to a
    concentration camp, and building a factory on top of your families blood soaked
    soil… that’s cool, cause I just bought your entire town from a guy for five
    bucks. LOL – so time to move on, sorry about your job you’ll find a new one.
    BUT Hell if your going to be pissed… Tell you what, I’ll give you some moldy
    cheese and you can build a casino in the middle of nowhere. My friend will run
    it for you. You’ll be rich! And it will be all good, no hard feelings… shit
    think you would, not like you are politically correct.

37. EyeoftheAxis | Dec 7, 2011 at 8:03 pm |

So it’s good to know, your not morally opposed to someone raping your wife
    and daughter before they kill them and the rest of your people. Or someone
    taking all your stuff, burning your house, sending you on a forced march to a
    concentration camp, and building a factory on top of your families blood soaked
    soil… that’s cool, cause I just bought your entire town from a guy for five
    bucks. LOL – so time to move on, sorry about your job you’ll find a new one.
    BUT Hell if your going to be pissed… Tell you what, I’ll give you some moldy
    cheese and you can build a casino in the middle of nowhere. My friend will run
    it for you. You’ll be rich! And it will be all good, no hard feelings… shit
    think you would, not like you are politically correct.

38. Shawn Illustrator | Dec 7, 2011 at 9:22 pm |

you mean the states?…

39. just wait until the pipeline is built through all the first nations territory on the coast of BC.  Harper don’t give a shit whose land it is. neither do most canadians 🙁

40. just wait until the pipeline is built through all the first nations territory on the coast of BC.  Harper don’t give a shit whose land it is. neither do most canadians 🙁

41. Jin (仁) | Dec 7, 2011 at 11:04 pm |

no they sure don’t 🙁

42. Jin (仁) | Dec 7, 2011 at 11:04 pm |

no they sure don’t 🙁

43. Jin (仁) | Dec 7, 2011 at 11:04 pm |

no they sure don’t 🙁

44. Funny, the ignorant whites who are anti-Native are the same people who complain about the lazy Aboriginals in Australia. I had a friend who I thought was a nice, open-minded person, until she told me what she thought of Australia’s Natives… never felt the same about her after that.

45. Funny, the ignorant whites who are anti-Native are the same people who complain about the lazy Aboriginals in Australia. I had a friend who I thought was a nice, open-minded person, until she told me what she thought of Australia’s Natives… never felt the same about her after that.

46. GypsyZee | Dec 8, 2011 at 4:44 am |

47. > They have houses in neighborhoods around where I live that they get for free for 4 years at a time

your ancestors stole their land, resources and way of life