Turn Deceased Loved Ones’ Ashes Into Bullets

The smokeAlabama-based company Holy Smoke will do just this, loading cremated remains into live shotgun rounds — allowing for numerous possibilities of sweetly perfect, Tarantino-esque posthumous vengeance:

My friend smiled and said “You know I’ve thought about this for some time and I want to be cremated. Then I want my ashes put into some turkey load shotgun shells and have someone that knows how to turkey hunt use the shotgun shells with my ashes to shoot a turkey. That way I will rest in peace knowing that the last thing that one turkey will see is me, screaming at him at about 900 feet per second.”

I realized that my friend was describing almost exactly how I wanted my ashes to be spread. How perfect to have my family and friends honor me by using shotgun shells with a little bit of my ash in each one. Whether my shells get shot at sporting clays or live birds or put on the shelf, even in death I could be ecologically sound and useful.

From that statement, we started a company that can take your or your loved ones ashes and produce an eco-friendly way to spread or use those ashes while conducting a favored activity.
With care and reverence, we can place the ashes of your loved ones into almost any caliber or gauge of ammunition.

16 Comments on "Turn Deceased Loved Ones’ Ashes Into Bullets"

1. Anonymous | Dec 8, 2011 at 4:21 pm |

Forget turkey’s grandpa’s going in my home defense loads – damn he’d be proud.

2. Calypso_1 | Dec 8, 2011 at 12:21 pm |

Forget turkey’s, gramps is going in my home defense loads! – damn he’d be proud.

3. Suddenly Spam! | Dec 8, 2011 at 5:34 pm |

I was going to make a “The Patriot” reference, but I remembered how terrible the movie was and I’m angry now.

4. Redacted | Dec 8, 2011 at 1:34 pm |

5. EyeoftheAxis | Dec 8, 2011 at 5:38 pm |

I would prefer to be shot from a huge circus cannon, preceded by a 21 clown
    horn salute. The funeral procession would be short as the clowns could all share
    a car.

6. EyeoftheAxis | Dec 8, 2011 at 1:38 pm |

I would prefer to be shot from a huge circus cannon, preceded by a 21 clown
    a car.

• Calypso_1 | Dec 8, 2011 at 1:55 pm |

I really, really hope you put that in your Last Will and Testament.  : )

7. Anonymous | Dec 8, 2011 at 5:55 pm |

I really, really hope you put that in your Last Will and Testament.  : )

8. Anarchy Pony | Dec 8, 2011 at 6:09 pm |

Yes, I want the final action of my mortal remains used to kill a living being for fun.

9. Anarchy Pony | Dec 8, 2011 at 2:09 pm |

10. I think you could make a really cheesy movie about someone avenging someones death with a bullet made from their corpse, maybe a viscous cycle where it comes back and the avenger gets killed with a bullet made from that guy’s corpse.

11. I think you could make a really cheesy movie about someone avenging someones death with a bullet made from their corpse, maybe a viscous cycle where it comes back and the avenger gets killed with a bullet made from that guy’s corpse.

12. Anonymous | Dec 8, 2011 at 7:07 pm |

It does have some interesting karmic implications.

13. Mr Willow | Dec 8, 2011 at 7:55 pm |

Is everybody aware this was posted here a few months ago?

14. Mr Willow | Dec 8, 2011 at 3:55 pm |

Is everybody aware this was posted here a few months ago?