Why Should ‘Catholics Come Home’?

New ad campaign:

31 Comments on "Why Should ‘Catholics Come Home’?"

1. Why should Catholics come ‘home’ that is a great question.  Why should people return to an organization that killed millions of people during the Inquisition, has sexually molested hundreds if not thousands of children, and has made null and void the law of God.  Being a Catholic for over 24 years, I can tell you that I didn’t meet Christ until I left the church.  In fact, the bible got me out of the church.  I urge all Catholics who are still stuck in the church to heed the call of Revelation 18:4 and to come out of her my people.  The Catholic Church possessed the power to persecute whomever she wished under the guise of “heresy” during the Inquisition or “Dark Ages”.  The Catholic Church is regaining the power that it had during the “Dark Ages” to do terrible things to all those who oppose her.  The church just called for a One World Bank…with all the economic hardships around the world do you think it could be a coincidence?  Take care and God Bless :).

2. Why should Catholics come ‘home’ that is a great question.  Why should people return to an organization that killed millions of people during the Inquisition, has sexually molested hundreds if not thousands of children, and has made null and void the law of God.  Being a Catholic for over 24 years, I can tell you that I didn’t meet Christ until I left the church.  In fact, the bible got me out of the church.  I urge all Catholics who are still stuck in the church to heed the call of Revelation 18:4 and to come out of her my people.  The Catholic Church possessed the power to persecute whomever she wished under the guise of “heresy” during the Inquisition or “Dark Ages”.  The Catholic Church is regaining the power that it had during the “Dark Ages” to do terrible things to all those who oppose her.  The church just called for a One World Bank…with all the economic hardships around the world do you think it could be a coincidence?  Take care and God Bless :).

• okaytherebuddy | Dec 20, 2011 at 11:44 pm |

Millions? Where do you get your facts?

• The church controlled almost all f europe for centuries even if they didn;t torture to death millions during the official “Inquisition” they could easily be held reponsible for the deaths of millions in Europe during that time period.  I objected to kevin’s factual numerology in the other direction concerning their pedophilia, thinking it should be at least hundreds of thousands!

3. Oh! I’ll come home to the Catholic Church. I’ll come home to the Catholic Church when the Pope and it’s Bishops and Cardinals wear sackcloth and ashes. I’ll come home to the Catholic Church when it stops supporting despots and repressive regimes and starts opposing them and all the Corporations that can only be described as worshipers of Mammon by Christians. Give me a f***ing break. the Catholic Church can stop interpreting the ‘word of God’ and take its collection plate to all the oppressors it has supported all these years and leave people alone to read and understand Christ’s teachings. Merry Christmas! And to all the non-christians; Merry Xmas or Hanuka or Saturnalia or whatever.

4. Oh! I’ll come home to the Catholic Church. I’ll come home to the Catholic Church when the Pope and it’s Bishops and Cardinals wear sackcloth and ashes. I’ll come home to the Catholic Church when it stops supporting despots and repressive regimes and starts opposing them and all the Corporations that can only be described as worshipers of Mammon by Christians. Give me a f***ing break. the Catholic Church can stop interpreting the ‘word of God’ and take its collection plate to all the oppressors it has supported all these years and leave people alone to read and understand Christ’s teachings. Merry Christmas! And to all the non-christians; Merry Xmas or Hanuka or Saturnalia or whatever.

5. Thomastovey19642 | Dec 20, 2011 at 4:34 pm |

I will never step foot in that cult ever again….I am a free thinking rational human being with faculties that prevent me from being corrupted by their dogma… I wish that only I live to see the day when the Vatican burns to the ground with all its frevilous superstitions and beliefs… on that day one will see all the souls that have been taken from this world by this spawn of the devil because they dared to stand up for free thinking and the right to believe in the divine spark within all of us…The Cathars, the Manis, the Pagans, the Spiritual Fransicans and all else who died by the fire of the Inquistions or repressions of this abomination will be standing on the banks of the Tiber cheering and proclaiming victory over the repressors…..and so will I.

6. Thomastovey19642 | Dec 20, 2011 at 12:34 pm |

7. Anonymous | Dec 20, 2011 at 4:41 pm |

Nice glossy photos.  Like Disneyland Gay Days ™ except they’re all closeted.

8. Liam_McGonagle | Dec 20, 2011 at 12:41 pm |

Nice glossy photos.  Like Disneyland Gay Days ™ except they’re all closeted.

9. Just burning it all would be a waste.  Loot the Vatican and give its riches to the poor first.

10. Anarchy Pony | Dec 20, 2011 at 6:12 pm |

Or abandon the desert god masquerading as sky god and the do nothing messiah, and worship your Great Mother and beg her forgiveness for your transgressions against her and and our brothers and sisters in the world of life.

11. Anarchy Pony | Dec 20, 2011 at 2:12 pm |

12. DeepCough | Dec 20, 2011 at 7:22 pm |

I call first dibs on the Pope’s bling!

13. Anarchy Pony | Dec 20, 2011 at 8:28 pm |

I want at least one of his hats!

14. okaytherebuddy | Dec 21, 2011 at 3:44 am |

Millions? Where do you get your facts?

15. okaytherebuddy | Dec 21, 2011 at 3:45 am |

Catholics don’t ask Mary for forgiveness. The one’s that do are in direct opposition to the teaching of the Faith.

16. Anarchy Pony | Dec 21, 2011 at 4:15 am |

I’m not talking about mary.

17. Monkey See Monkey Do | Dec 21, 2011 at 12:22 pm |

Interesting Ad, especially the part we’re they say catholics wrote the bible. Where as the intelligent of us know that jesus was a magic mushroom and the story has been manipulated to supprort authoritarian regimes. Reference – John M. Allegro.

18. Monkey See Monkey Do | Dec 21, 2011 at 8:22 am |

19. The church controlled almost all f europe for centuries even if they didn;t torture to death millions during the official “Inquisition” they could easily be held reponsible for the deaths of millions in Europe during that time period.  I objected to kevin’s factual numerology in the other direction concerning their pedophilia, thinking it should be at least hundreds of thousands!

20. Non practicing Catholic | Feb 19, 2012 at 9:45 pm |

I must admit, I am finding it hard to find a reason to for my family to go back to the Catholic Church. I tried a few a years ago, nothing has changed. If the Church would actually try to incorporate it own new constitution, Vatican 2, I might think about it. But its not even talked about. I find Catholic are thought to worship building and idols, and the Eucharist, not Christ. I’ll stay where I am at for now, at least I learning to live as a follower of Christ. I would suggest first letting the Jesuits teach the other priest and congregation who Christ actually was and how to live and think like him. Also, the Catholic congregation would love to know where all the money goes, well at least the young Catholic wants to know.