State Rep Threatens Occupy Iowans With ‘Thump Therapy’

238px-Iowa-StateSealGreat, a new fascist buzzword to rally around.  Politico reports:

Republicans across Iowa are bracing for trouble on Tuesday, concerned that caucus sites will be the next stop for the Occupy protesters who’ve staged demonstrations and disruptions at election events across the state.

Occupy leaders say they’re not planning to interfere with the voting, though they expect actions leading up the vote at candidates’ headquarters and afterward at victory parties. But even if 99 percent of the 99 percenters comply, the prospect of scattered protesters inciting confrontations with Republican voters has people from both camps on edge.

“Tempers can flare, and people can start to get out of control,” said Jack Whitver, a state senator and precinct captain for one of the larger caucus sites, just outside of Des Moines. “With a crowd of over 700 people, you just want to keep everything under control and make sure that something ugly doesn’t happen.”

Whitver promised a polite response to those who might try to chant or stage other disruptions at his caucus site – but that’s not a unanimous position.

“Since I’m not a state trooper anymore, they probably won’t be handcuffed – but I have friends,” Baudler said. “If an officer asks for help, I will help, believe me.”

“We’re just not going to tolerate in rural Iowa what’s going on in the big metropolitan areas,” Baudler said. “A little thump therapy never hurt anybody.”

Read more here.

32 Comments on "State Rep Threatens Occupy Iowans With ‘Thump Therapy’"

1. Anarchy Pony | Jan 3, 2012 at 8:55 pm |

How about some hollow-point therapy fascist? ‘Cause that’s what you deserve.

2. Anarchy Pony | Jan 3, 2012 at 4:55 pm |

How about some hollow-point therapy fascist? ‘Cause that’s what you deserve.

• Irving Greenfield | Jan 3, 2012 at 7:29 pm |

Stay where you are, they’ll be by to pick you up any minute now, LOL,,,,,,what a dumbass.

• Anarchy Pony | Jan 3, 2012 at 7:40 pm |

Did I say I was going to put it in him? Did I threaten him? No I said that’s what he deserved.

• Calypso_1 | Jan 3, 2012 at 7:50 pm |

I thought you were talking about saline injections for myofacial release.

• Irving Greenfield | Jan 3, 2012 at 8:54 pm |

They’ll say it was “implied”

• Oh shut up. They should all be hung!
            Don’t be such a pussy, fuck those assholes ‘monitoring’ your anti-government, or really, anti-fascist views. We don’t want our country to fall into the hands of these people. Stand up for what you believe, speak it and grow a pair!

• here here!

• Irving Greenfield | Jan 4, 2012 at 9:38 pm |

While there is nothing inherently wrong with giving ones opinion on an issue, i would think that in light of recent legislation, that one would be a bit more careful in their choice of words, especially when their words imply a violent act toward a gubmint official.

• Redacted | Jan 4, 2012 at 2:52 am |

Such a clean death would be a blessing to a Traitor. Better he be shamed before his people and hung.

I believe an Enemy deserves a quick death as he is honest with his intentions. He has come forth and tried, so he has failed and he shall be interred with Honor.

It is the mean who speak with two faces who deserve another burial.

3. Anonymous | Jan 3, 2012 at 9:04 pm |

….oh my, that sounds like premeditated failure to mitigate harm.

4. Calypso_1 | Jan 3, 2012 at 5:04 pm |

….oh my, that sounds like premeditated failure to mitigate harm.

5. say what? | Jan 3, 2012 at 11:09 pm |

oh my god.   there is so much wrong with what he said I’m speechless

6. say what? | Jan 3, 2012 at 7:09 pm |

oh my god.   there is so much wrong with what he said I’m speechless

7. Irving Greenfield | Jan 3, 2012 at 11:29 pm |

8. Anarchy Pony | Jan 3, 2012 at 11:40 pm |

9. Anonymous | Jan 3, 2012 at 11:50 pm |

I thought you were talking about saline injections for myofacial release.

10. Irving Greenfield | Jan 4, 2012 at 12:54 am |

They’ll say it was “implied”

11. Tibus Heth | Jan 4, 2012 at 1:33 am |

Incidentally, Republicans should try some aerobic therapy. I’m tired of paying for their insulin habits.

12. Redacted | Jan 3, 2012 at 9:33 pm |

13. “Iowa state Rep. Clel Baudler predicted that potential protestors at his caucus site in Adair County should expect a response that “will be swift and it will be sure.”

Why, while I’m reading this do I picture Rep. Clel Baudler behind a podium with a Nazi flag dropped down in the background?

14. “Iowa state Rep. Clel Baudler predicted that potential protestors at his caucus site in Adair County should expect a response that “will be swift and it will be sure.”

15. Southpaw10677 | Jan 4, 2012 at 1:44 am |

The illusion of freedom will continue as long as it’s profitable to
    continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too
    expensive to maintain, they will just take down the scenery, they will
    pull back the curtains, they will move the tables and chairs out of the
    way and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater.”
    that quote is by frank zappa, we are witnessing the end of the american empire and as you can see with all these crackdowns on people who protest and exercise freedoms are no longer tolerated cause we are broke financially and morally like zappa said it is no longer profitable to maintain this illusion of freedom our descent into probably third world status is gonna be scary

16. Southpaw10677 | Jan 3, 2012 at 9:44 pm |

The illusion of freedom will continue as long as it’s profitable to
    continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too
    expensive to maintain, they will just take down the scenery, they will
    pull back the curtains, they will move the tables and chairs out of the
    way and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater.”

17. Oh shut up. They should all be hung!

18. DeepCough | Jan 4, 2012 at 3:21 am |

Hmmm…… Does this mean that tasers are Electroshock Therapy?

19. DeepCough | Jan 3, 2012 at 11:21 pm |

Hmmm…… Does this mean that tasers are Electroshock Therapy?

20. Anonymous | Jan 4, 2012 at 4:49 am |