Footage recording bizarre mystery sounds of seemingly immense proportions emanating from the heavens (like the ones above) are being posted from multiple points of the globe but mainly in the Northern Hemisphere:
Speculation is rife as to their cause and nature and the story has been quickly spotted by the usual suspects:
- i09 asks what are these bizarre sounds coming from the sky in countries from Hungary to Canada?
- via h/t from paranormal newsfeed Truth Behind the Scenes
- Ghost Theory have been following this since last August, and was one of the first to notice that many occurred on the same day: 1 January 2012
A dedicated blog (strangesoundsinthesky.com) of some months standing has even sprung up to cater for the phenomenon.
More Fortean sceptical write-ups include:
- Doubtful News, takes the long historical view, referencing the great unsung Fortean researcher William R. Corliss’ Earthquakes, Tides, Unidentified Sounds and Other Related Phenomena, and mass copycat behaviour
- Reddit provides a technical analysis of the videos and gives us cause for suspicion
Or have we all been punked by J.J. Abram’s keen sense of mass hysteria and his latest world-wide PR campaign for Cloverfield 2?
Or is the truth some crazy combination of all the above and more? Post your opinions and rants below.