A Romney-Paul Ticket?

2012 New Hampshire Republican Primary Top Five - CaricaturesHey why not? Romney could use some of Ron’s cred (and see the Bromance story below). Toby Harnden quotes Rick Santorum writing in the Daily Mail:

After tonight’s debate, in which Ron Paul and Mitt Romney repeatedly attacked Rick Santorum over his 16-year record in Congress, the former US Senator for Pennsylvania hinted that something nefarious was going on.

“You have to ask Congressman Paul and Governor Romney what they’ve got going together,” Santorum told reporters in the spin room in Mesa, Arizona. “Their commercials look a lot alike and so do their attacks.”

Santorum’s top strategist John Brabender went even further, charging that the two men had “joined forces” and were coordinating attacks against his man

“Clearly there’s a tag team strategy between Ron Paul and Mitt Romney. For all I know, Mitt Romney might be considering Ron Paul as his running mate. Clearly there is now an alliance between those two and you saw that certainly in the debate.”…

[continues in the Daily Mail]

majestic

Majestic is gadfly emeritus.

Latest posts by majestic (see all)

27 Comments on "A Romney-Paul Ticket?"

1. chinagreenelvis | Feb 23, 2012 at 10:43 am |

I listen to literally nothing Santorum says about anything; why should this be any different?

2. Santorum is showing us his troll credentials as well as his batshit insane religious zealot wannabe Inquisitor credentials.

3. if ron paul does get into office as vp the media coverage would leave people wonder if there is a vice president in office

4. RedHerring | Feb 23, 2012 at 1:17 pm |

At least Romney is wearing protection …

5. No way in hell Ron Paul would be VP for Romney. He is a man of principle.

6. church of ZED | Feb 23, 2012 at 1:27 pm |

Highly doubt it.  Paul is a just a fair man and treats everyone equally, Romney is a con man and will use Paul if he can and then discard him when he’s done with him.   I would support a Paul Romney campaign but not a Romney Paul campaign.  Paul needs to be the President.

• Jin The Ninja | Feb 23, 2012 at 1:55 pm |

“i would support a Paul-Romney Campaign”

seriously? no, no, as in are you serious?

you’d support a fascist republican bankster VP to run with…oh wait… carry on.

7. Liam_McGonagle | Feb 23, 2012 at 1:53 pm |

“Hey why not? Romney could use some of Ron’s cred . . .”

Paul’s own troubles aside, doesn’t wrapping a turd around a creamy nougat center usually yield a sh*t sandwich instead of a bon bon?

8. Broken_Finger | Feb 23, 2012 at 2:43 pm |

I think we should all join forces with Romney and Paul when it comes to attacking Rick Santorum.

9. If the Republican Party allows Paul on the ticket, that is proof positive that Paul is a liar and a hypocrite.  If Paul is an honest and moral man, the Republican Party will never consider him for veep.

10. You know,  maybe it is just me,  but I really can’t see why you insist on having a conversation about this charade.  Perhaps it is just that you do not want to face the truth about what is occurring systemically here – not anything new,  but the same old BS.  Yet,  some insist on raising up Ron Paul as if this will essentially change anything.  Perhaps you don’t like the way I communicate,  so I’ll point you in another direction,  maybe you will listen to this – and then again,  maybe some will get mad at the coarse way this fellow communicates –  but he is right on the money.  If he can understand these issues than why can’t some of these Ron Paul addicts?

• Apathesis | Feb 23, 2012 at 10:36 pm |

I’ll vote for the guy in the video you posted!

• Apathesis | Feb 23, 2012 at 10:37 pm |

Even though we’d still have an incredibly corrupt and evil Congress and shitty judicial system…

• Jin The Ninja | Feb 24, 2012 at 12:13 am |

they are simply desperate, clinging to shallow and petty nationalism for redemption.
      telling them that the system has been corrupt since inception (never mind broken) is a red pill blue pill moment, and most will choose steak over oatmeal.

• Daniel Cherian | Feb 24, 2012 at 8:50 pm |

Murry Rothbard had it right.

11. Apathesis | Feb 23, 2012 at 10:32 pm |

If people aren’t going to vote for Ron Paul, who are they going to vote for?  What are the other choices?  I know the guy certainly ain’t perfect, but he sure seems better than Romney, Gingrich and Santorum.

Just curious to see who you are going to vote for.

12. Tuna Ghost | Feb 24, 2012 at 2:00 am |

Don’t get me wrong, I think Ron Paul is fairly racist and a bit loony, but I do think he has a least one very admirable quality–he is quite obviously a man of principle, someone who stands by his beliefs, even if they’re complete bat-shit lunacy.  I really can’t see him agreeing to a VP position in a Romney administration.  I’d lose all the grudging respect I have for him in such a scenario.

13. peter westwood | Feb 24, 2012 at 5:59 am |

Maybe everything about human beings is a construct of the false reality.
    Maybe we can see it now.
    Maybe we are being deceived into a new false paradigm.
    Maybe we can avoid it.
    Try http://olivefarmercrete.blogspot.com

14. Massimomascoli | Feb 24, 2012 at 5:55 pm |

To be coherent with his ideas, not only Ron Paul shouldn’t endorse any other Republican candidate as he did in 2008 not even going to the convention, but he should say his supporters to abstain from voting.

Accepting Romney’s VP would be the end of Ron paul credibility … but I don’t trust Ron paul in the first place so I wouldn’t be suprised og his hypocricy.