Indiana Congressman Bob Morris Vs. The Girl Scouts

Girl ScoutsReports the AP via the Washington Post :

Undaunted by ridicule from the leader of his own party, an Indiana lawmaker is standing by his allegations that the Girl Scouts is a radical organization that promotes abortions and homosexuality. The scouts and Planned Parenthood have dismissed Rep. Bob Morris’ comments as absurd, as did Republican House Speaker Brian Bosma. But Morris, a Republican, told The Associated Press his critics need to do more research into the 100-year-old scouting organization.

“My family and I took a view and we’re sticking by it,” Morris said Tuesday, adding that his daughters were joining an alternative group for young girls run by conservative Christians. “My girls are no longer Girl Scouts. They’re now going to join American Heritage Girls.” Morris’ comments were the butt of jokes inside the House on Tuesday, with Bosma spending much of the day handing out Thin Mints to lawmakers. He joked that Morris’ comments led him to buy hundreds of cases of the famous Girl Scout cookies …

Read More: AP via the Washington Post

, , , , , ,

11 Responses to Indiana Congressman Bob Morris Vs. The Girl Scouts

1. Anarchy Pony February 23, 2012 at 1:40 pm #

“My family and I took a view and we’re sticking by it,” Translation, I formed an opinion, my wife is either crazy or scared enough to agree with me, and we are going to condition the children to accept it too.

2. Drinky McGee February 23, 2012 at 1:41 pm #

Not many people know that the profits made from Girl Scout cookies go directly to al-Qaeda.

• Adam February 23, 2012 at 10:22 pm #

And Satan.  And Zombie Hitler.  Also, Megatron always buys a shitload of Samoas just to help out the cause.

3. Jin The Ninja February 23, 2012 at 1:57 pm #

“american heritage girls”

the new- all white ultra conservative female ninja army the Reichwing has been hoping for. while dressed in pilgrim’s garb they’ll astound with their displays of deadly mayflower arts like ‘plague-blanket-jutsu’ and their mastery of the slave whip!

and they bake pies too!

4. Calypso_1 February 23, 2012 at 5:11 pm #

“Morris’ comments about the Girl Scouts came in a letter he sent to House Republicans on Saturday that said he had conducted some research on the Internet and discovered that the scouts are a “tactical arm” of Planned Parenthood.”

Internet Makes Smart People Smarter, Dumb People Dumber
    I propose that this become the nth rule of the internet.

5. Hadrian999 February 23, 2012 at 11:17 pm #

what is so damn threatening about girls with self esteem that isn’t directly ties to being Mrs. somebody

• Anarchy Pony February 24, 2012 at 2:12 am #

That blows up their whole reactionary, almost entirely imaginary, world view.

6. VoxMagi February 24, 2012 at 3:49 am #

Also offensive to GOP stalwarts…those lectures on stranger awareness have made it harder for the few Republicans that prefer female companionship to entrap ‘dates’.

7. BozoDeathGod February 24, 2012 at 6:23 am #

How far does these idiots’ spite, hatred, and insecurities go? And just how many “different” types of people are there to hate? And finally when can all us different groups realize thier hate unites us and we can vote out, boycott, and marginalize their and their supporters moronic existence.
    Gah.

8. Mysophobe February 25, 2012 at 2:46 am #

“My family and I took a view and we’re sticking to it.”
    I wonder how often this is the case behind closed doors. Pick any random moral stance from the menu, then load your family on board and let it fly into the side of a mountain at dead stick. Would explain a lot.

9. neurolux February 25, 2012 at 3:01 am #

As a cub scout, he was beaten up by a pack of girl scouts. He vowed eternal revenge.