Blogger Proves Body Scanners Worthless, Sues TSA

There have been all sorts of complaints about invasion of privacy and radiation dangers when it comes to the extremely expensive full body scanners employed by the United States’ notorious Transport Security Administration (TSA), but Jonathan Corbett may have the most effective gripe yet: they don’t work! He’s suing the TSA as he explains on his blog, TSAOutOfOurPants.com:

This video is here to demonstrate that the TSA’s insistence that the nude body scanner program is effective and necessary is nothing but a fraud, just like their claims that the program is safe (radiation what?) and non-invasive (nude pictures who?). The scanners are now effectively worthless, as anyone can beat them with virtually no effort. The TSA has been provided this video in advance of it being made public to give them an opportunity to turn off the scanners and revert to the metal detectors. I personally believe they now have no choice but to turn them off.

Please share this video with your family, friends, and most importantly, elected officials in federal government. Make sure they understand that your vote is contingent on them fixing the abuse that 200,000 passengers face from the TSA on a daily basis.

My legal battle against the TSA’s nude body scanner and pat-down molestation program continues in court, soon with a petition to the U.S. Supreme Court. If you’d like to donate to this effort, send PayPal to: jon [at] fourtentech.com…

[More info at TSAOutOfOurPants.com]

majestic

Majestic is gadfly emeritus.

Latest posts by majestic (see all)

16 Comments on "Blogger Proves Body Scanners Worthless, Sues TSA"

1. Smudgeservices | Mar 7, 2012 at 10:20 am |

i wish i could start a slow clap for this post.

2. Aleph Omega | Mar 7, 2012 at 11:46 am |

This is awesome. Best of luck to this man, and his mission. But I really wouldn’t want to be in his shoes. I can’t imagine what a vindictive TSA/Federal government might possibly do to him.

• they might just throw him in prison to shut him up, or they might torture him and call him a terrorist. it’s anybody’s guess what happens, but it can’t be good!

• the last thing they would do would be to actually admit their fraudulent “mistake” and fix the problem.

• Nunzio X | Mar 7, 2012 at 4:03 pm |

I think the time may come, sooner if not later, where we’ll ALL be in his shoes, one way or the other.

The list of things you have to do to get on the “authorities'” shit-list is growing exponentially.

All I can suggest is, get ready for it. Decide what you’re going to do when you hear a knock on your door.

3. Scanner Darkly | Mar 7, 2012 at 2:45 pm |

This guy can easily get contraband past TSA…

…in his hair!

4. Mamagriff50 | Mar 7, 2012 at 4:26 pm |

You gotta wonder….Who’s profiting from these body scanners.  And dude, you had better watch your back, the TSA will be labeling you a terrorist and pounding at your door.

5. Suggestive Orange | Mar 7, 2012 at 4:42 pm |

I was all for everything this guy was saying until he called the TSA as an epic fail… Way to sound like a twelve-year old.

6. Johnny_Gemini | Mar 7, 2012 at 4:58 pm |

He had me until he suggested privatization and mentioned the ATF screw-up called “Fast and Furious.”

•  Why? It was awesome. Vin Diesel was all like “vrrrooooooommmmm” and Paul Walker was like “Dude, bro no way” and then some Asians Tokyo drifted. It was badass.

• Tuna Ghost | Mar 8, 2012 at 7:04 pm |

I Tokyo drift everywhere, even through McDonald’s drive-through lanes when I pick up my order

7. Interesting but no outline of object???

Outlines of skin visible.

If it’s Blk on Wht in image; what happened to pubic hair?

If true I give him credit. But it all just seems a bit strange to me.

8. Belladonna | Mar 8, 2012 at 6:22 am |

I certainly applaud your efforts and all my hopes go with you!!  But Dude… this has probably put you on the NDAA “hit list”.  You better start making as much noise as you possibly can while you can.  Keep the good fight going!!  And know that you have support from us who have experienced the tsa crap.

9. These things (naked body scanners) are only supposed to be deployed “downstream” from metal detectors, for this very reason.

Fixing the problem won’t be all that difficult, as they’ll simply need to screen everyone with the metal detector, then screen with patdown or “naked body scanner”.

However, the fact that they’re not already doing this at absolutely every location proves the criticism of the TSA that they’re nothing but an actor’s troupe in a production of “Security Theatre”.

10. DeepCough | Mar 9, 2012 at 2:16 am |

This man is obviously a terrorist–for saying what everybody already knows.