Texas Man Allegedly Killed Soldier For Not Believing In God

justinwaynegreen-publicCan being a non-Christian get you marked for murder in Texas? Uncovered by Raw Story:

Can being an atheist in America get you killed? If police in the small Texas town of Petrolia are to be believed, the answer to that question is yes.

Officials in Clay County revealed this week that human remains uncovered last month were those of Spc. Jose Ramirez. 30-year-old Justin Green was charged with the murder in February. Three others, including Green’s mother and sister Brittany, also face charges related to helping clean up the crime scene and hide the body.

One shocking detail seemed to be overlooked in the Associated Press’s story: A criminal complaint, obtained by Raw Story on Thursday, shows that Green’s sister [claims] he killed Ramirez “because Ramirez did not believe in God.”

After burying the body, police claim the group went to Brittany’s apartment and ordered a pizza and bread sticks with Ramirez’s credit card, and Brittany allegedly signed it using Ramirez’s last name.

, , , ,

43 Responses to Texas Man Allegedly Killed Soldier For Not Believing In God

1. Malk March 17, 2012 at 12:17 pm #

thou shalt not kill; dumbass

• Cees Timmerman March 17, 2012 at 7:14 pm #

Kill or murder? Humans? Anyway, the first commandment is to obey God, who sometimes has to murder innocent beings to further his Grand Plan.

• Malk March 17, 2012 at 10:58 pm #

I tend to believe that Jesus was trying to say “don’t kill shit” with the meaning of both animals and of course people, just because of the bad vibes it puts out. But that’s why I never went to church… their crazy spin on word for word 24 hour coverage from “The son of God” doesn’t make any sense to me.

You’re right though the pseudo-bible they masturbate to is full of hate and violence.

2. Total Death Experience March 17, 2012 at 12:42 pm #

I bet Ramirez believes in God now. Stay in the light my friend, this worlds insane.

• GoodDoktorBad March 17, 2012 at 1:03 pm #

“I bet Ramirez believes in God now.”

Yes, the world is insane and apparently, so are you….

• P.L. March 17, 2012 at 4:03 pm #

Truth waits in silence for ignorance to shut its fucking mouth.

• Test March 17, 2012 at 4:35 pm #

i guess when a tree falls in the woods, it does make a sound

• Marklar_Prime March 17, 2012 at 5:57 pm #

So why are you still talking?

• Jai Ankers March 17, 2012 at 1:12 pm #

I bet he doesn’t believe in anything now, seeing as he is now in the same boat as God- Non-existent.

• Andrew March 17, 2012 at 5:36 pm #

I bet he’s in Heaven right now, somewhere his murderer has less of a chance of getting to.

• JaceD March 17, 2012 at 8:25 pm #

Bad human + Faith in god = Heaven
        Good human + no faith in god = Hell.

“It’s better to reign in hell than serve in heaven”

3. madmonq March 17, 2012 at 12:53 pm #

I guess his credit is good if his belief system is not.  Wonder how the insane culturally Christian people of Texas are going to judge this.  Seems like consulting the bible for Solomon’s wisdom at this point would be counter intuitive…which means they’ll be all over it.

4. Madmonq March 17, 2012 at 12:56 pm #

p.s. As a non-believer I am not looking forward to the more asshole-ish of the Atheist political movement to make this out as a persecution of our people.

• Marklar_Prime March 17, 2012 at 5:57 pm #

What, like Christians do when someone merely says “happy hollidays”?

• Sheri March 19, 2012 at 7:42 am #

You only need to be less of an asshole yourself

5. Yassir Baroudi March 17, 2012 at 2:16 pm #

“There shall be no compulsion in [acceptance of] the religion. The right
    course has become clear from the wrong. So whoever disbelieves in Taghut
    and believes in Allah has grasped the most trustworthy handhold with no
    break in it. And Allah is Hearing and Knowing.” [2:256]QURAN

• Lmnop_nis March 17, 2012 at 3:33 pm #

STFU!!!! Fucking terrorist!

• Hadrian999 March 17, 2012 at 6:30 pm #

george carlin was sooooooo right about america

6. Zenc March 17, 2012 at 2:37 pm #

When I was young(er) and dumb(er), I used to think it was the people around me that put me in a bad mood.

Then I finally realized that for the most part, my bad moods were generated internally and then blamed on whatever happened to catch my attention.

By the same token, I think the victim of this crime could have been a Hindu, Jew, Muslim, Buddhist, Comic Book Enthusiast, Celine Dion Fan, or Ron Paul Supporter and this would have ended in the same tragic manner.

• Yer Dad March 17, 2012 at 3:04 pm #

Most insightful comment on here yet

• Bobbie Jean Pentecost March 17, 2012 at 7:17 pm #

You can’t now that for sure and a preponderance of the evidence points to this man being killed for his lack of belief in god.

• Zenc March 17, 2012 at 7:40 pm #

You are correct that I can’t know that for certain.

However, there is no preponderance of evidence that points to this being a case of someone being killed _simply_ for their religious belief or lack thereof.

There’s more to this story than “He said god wasn’t real so I shot him, we buried him, and then we ordered lunch on his credit card.”

“He didn’t believe in God” sounds much more like a post facto justification, or maybe a precipitating factor in an emotionally charged confrontation, than a prime motive.

In my opinion, the defendant could just as easily have said “He was Latino” or “He was Catholic” or “He didn’t root for the Cowboys”.

• Guest March 18, 2012 at 1:06 am #

yes there is a preponderance of evidence suggesting he was killed for not believing in god..  a statement from the accuseds sister, stating such!

there is NO evidence to suggest otherwise.

there is also a preponderance of evidence that suggests that people who need to believe “God” is there to look after them.. are bloody idiots, as evidenced by your comments.

• Zenc March 18, 2012 at 1:48 am #

A statement made by the sister of the accused does not constitute a preponderance of the evidence.  (I would suggest you revisit your Black’s for clarification of terms.)

There was clearly something else going on here. Drugs, sex, an attempt to rob or defraud, unpaid debts, a friendship gone sour, etc.

As far as your ad hominem attack … well… I’m not a Believer.  If I had any personal agenda based on the shortsighted application of my personal beliefs relating to this matter I’d likely be jumping to the same conclusions and spouting off the same drama generating pseudo-thoughts that you’re engaging in.

But in this case I don’t, so I’m not.

Your vitriol reminds me of one or two others around here who think that only “their side” has any perspicacity and anyone who disagrees with them must be a member of that other group, “the idiots”.

• Guest March 18, 2012 at 6:57 am #

all that, and STILL NO evidence that this act was committed for any other reason than he didnt believe in god.

its not that i disagree with you that makes you an idiot, but being an idiot may be why i disagree with you.

psycho.

• Zenc March 18, 2012 at 7:16 am #

I remember reading one time “Never argue with an idiot. They’ll drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”

Considering those wise words, I think I’m going to stop this discussion with you right here.

• Guest March 18, 2012 at 7:58 am #

what you mean to say is youre going to stop participating because youve realised you cant argue with logic.

such hubris to think you have the power to stop internet discussions at will.

idiot.

• Phil March 18, 2012 at 10:09 pm #

It’s hard to imagine you could’ve been any “dumber” when you were younger. Stop trying to look clever, it doesn’t suit you. Look up the definition of preponderance, and then go slap some sense into yourself.

• Sheri March 19, 2012 at 7:41 am #

Sense cannot be implanted by slapping.  Just sayin’

7. Will March 17, 2012 at 3:00 pm #

This qualifies as a hate crime.

• Redacted March 17, 2012 at 5:56 pm #

In America you aren’t considered a person unless you believe in magical invisible people in the sky, so it actually isn’t a hate crime.

• DeepCough March 17, 2012 at 8:27 pm #

Your technicalities be damned!

8. DeepCough March 17, 2012 at 3:06 pm #

“Don’t Mess With Texas?” More like “Stay The Fuck Away From Texas.”

9. St Valinora March 17, 2012 at 3:18 pm #

America is getting scarier by the nanosecond.

10. Redacted March 17, 2012 at 6:00 pm #

Ah yes, I do recall the psalm where Jesus advocates murdering non-believers and then using their credit card to order pizza. I can’t remember which one though, can anyone help me out?

• Cees Timmerman March 17, 2012 at 8:05 pm #

“I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.” (Matthew 15:24)
      “And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.” (Mark 10:18)
      “I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.” (Isaiah 45:7)

To be Christian is to be an evil hypocrite. (Matthew 10:34-37, Matthew 15:4)

• Jai Ankers March 18, 2012 at 2:35 am #

Luke 19:27

I think they forgot the pizza part but.

• Redacted March 18, 2012 at 3:33 am #

Oh any good fairy tale encourages people to kill randomly and without reason. Why should the book of lies be any different?

11. Simiantongue March 18, 2012 at 4:02 am #

“Texas Man Allegedly Killed Soldier For Not Believing In God”

I’m wondering why the fact that the victim was a soldier is mentioned, how is it pertinent? I mean, if he were a sanitation worker would it read “Texas Man Allegedly Killed Sanitation Worker For Not Believing In God”?

I looked around at some articles and it doesn’t say he was soldiering, that he was on the job, at the time. So how is it pertinent? Is something more extraordinary when it happens to a soldier? I don’t think so, but thinking on it, probably has something to do with attempting to increase the popularity of an article. Likely just sensationalism. “Dog bites man” Meh so what. “Dog bites soldier” A little more interesting to some, but I really fail to see why.

Just the mention of soldiers, even in circumstances unrelated, causes something to be more popular. I’m thinking it through even as I type this. Just seems odd. It’s like a type of acknowledgement of a war focused society. I’ve been thinking about this for some time, long before this article, it just struck me again when reading the headline. Whenever possible things are associated, by however many degrees of separation, with war because it’s a big part of what makes up our societies social consciousness.

It’s sort of like society being psychoanalyzed with a free association technique. Watching and listening to society, broadly, you get this litany of associations with war that comes up over and over.

12. American March 18, 2012 at 4:42 am #

Ban gods.

13. Chunkie Jones March 18, 2012 at 4:56 am #

he was just keeping it real

14. Marcy March 18, 2012 at 5:49 am #

If you’re made to believe there’s a war on, it’s likely you’ll start acting like you’re in one.