Catholic Church Looking for Missing Exorcist After ‘Possessed’ by the Devil

ExorcistRichard J. Brennan writes in the Toronto Star:

A perceived demonic possession in Saskatoon has caught the Catholic Church there off guard since it has no one trained to perform an exorcism.

The Saskatoon Archdiocese is investigating after a priest was called to a home in late March where a 41-year-old man had carved the word Hell on his chest and was talking in the third person, saying, “He belongs to me. Get out of here.”

Church officials told CBC the priest did his best to calm the man down, including blessing him, before the man was taken to Royal University Hospital for a voluntary assessment.

Bishop Don Bolen told CBC it was not clear if the Saskatoon man was possessed or experiencing a mental breakdown. “I would think there are perhaps more stories about exorcisms in Hollywood than there are on the ground,” Bolen said. “But the Catholic Church teaches that there is a force of darkness, and that God is stronger than that darkness.”

Read More: Toronto Star … Could have been so much worse:

38 Comments on "Catholic Church Looking for Missing Exorcist After ‘Possessed’ by the Devil"

1. Possessed by the spirit of Dick Clark no doubt.

2. smooth_operator | Apr 23, 2012 at 12:56 am |

I just realized that reading about it, even in just a news article, is way more intense than any exorcism movie I’ve seen, knowing that some person is going through that bizarre shit in real life.  “A 41-year-old man had carved the word Hell on his chest and was talking in the third person, saying, ‘He belongs to me. Get out of here.'” Really? Fuck. I mean, can you imagine being a kid again, living at your parents place, coming home high on acid one weekend at three in the morning and experiencing that shit?

3. Tmamer2007 | Apr 23, 2012 at 1:14 am |

Well, that headline is more than a little misleading. Saskatoon has been without an excorsist, it’s not “missing” one.

4. its  a lizard from the 10th dimension, the anunnaki.

• Shit, what about everything inbetween the 4th and the 10th?

• Calypso_1 | Apr 23, 2012 at 4:20 am |

I’m worried about the demon llamas from the 6th.

• Oh Christ, and they’re comming before the 10th dimensional lizards?? Or is there no preference of order?

• those are repelled by the common microwave oven.

• …. I don’t own a microwave oven… O_o

• i will pray for your soul sir, while eating this delicious hot pocket. 🙂

• You’ll PRAY for my soul while eatting someones pocket that’s of a higher temperature than warm? Oh Lord the 10th dimensional lizards are already here.

• Cthulhu R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn

• “In his house at R’lyeh dead Cthulhu waits dreaming”
            …But what does it all mean??

• word play. i pressed “like”

• Jin The Ninja | Apr 23, 2012 at 7:54 am |

and you’re better for it. neither do we, and never will i have one.

• Who want’s nuclear radiation in their food anyway? I’ll stick with my wood burner in my mud hut thanks.

• what really kills you, is standing next to the microwave while it repels the lizards, and cold temps from tasty individually wrapped,  gastronomic master pieces.

• Ah the chilly box that keeps food items cool and fresh? With a bottom doorway into a colder realm of carcasses and other such grotesque products fit for consumption?

• i don’t always my microwave, but when I do I post about it.

we are clearly making the best of this I hope the afflicted gentleman recovers at least some of his sanity.  so he can can service the babes attracted to his new chest tattoo.

• What was the article about?

• some priest demon guy without health insurance

5. Pills are stroger than the devil.

6. What happened to those juicy little white evangelist exorcist sisters that were featured a few months back?

This should be easy peasy for them…

• Jin The Ninja | Apr 23, 2012 at 7:43 am |

they only know how to exorcise black pagan demons from continent x (and shop?).

• you can tell by the rapid dilating pupils, thats the sign of true evil.

Or true mdma,  that guy must have been to one hell of a rave.

• Calypso_1 | Apr 23, 2012 at 11:21 am |

In the presence of more overt signs of evil I’d be inclined to say scopolamine.
        In conjunction w/headache i’d say migraine with an ANS component, but I always keep Demon Possession in the differential diagnosis.

7. Rogerramjet | Apr 23, 2012 at 7:52 am |

Disinfo – the new National Enquirer. Cancalling. Entirely too much bullshit.

• I know right? They wouldn’t even post when Chris Chan turned 30 while still a virgin, and officially became a Wizard. If that is not important, then what is?

• Calypso_1 | Apr 23, 2012 at 11:29 am |

Sorry the interwebz let you down : (

• Rogerramjeted | Apr 23, 2012 at 11:35 am |

Great way to spell canceling (or cancelling). You clearly do read The National Enquirer.

8. Why is this headline so completely untrue? The story in the Toronto Sun is about the local diocese search to possibly hire a trained exorcist. There is no missing exorcist. There is no mention of an exorcist being possessed.

9. this is what I don’t understand, if you’re atheist, is it necessary to degrade the beliefs of others?

10. Barbelith | Apr 23, 2012 at 10:43 pm |

“Hey youuu guuuuuuys”

11. Gregory Wyrdmaven | Apr 24, 2012 at 9:09 am |

Disinfo, please stop putting quotation marks around certain words in the titles of your articles.  When you do this:  ‘possessed’, you are immediately casting doubt on there being any such thing as being possessed which seeks to do the same thing to your audience that the mainstream media does.  Please just throw up articles here without trying to spin them yourself.

If Disinfo has turned into a pro-atheist website, I wish someone would just say so, so I can move on.

12. Kahless2001 | Jun 22, 2012 at 1:16 am |

The title of this has nothing to do with the story. Stop glorifying and try finding something interesting instead.