Face Of Jesus Appears On Stingray

120403093859_stingrayNew religious/internet icon Sad Stingray Jesus spotted in South Carolina. Via Charleston’s Post and Courier:

It’s not as famous as Grilled Cheesus or Nun Bun, but the image a James Island woman found Friday on the back of a dead cownose ray may be one day.

“I just kind of thought it looked like a bearded homeless man,” said Erica Scheldt, 24. “But when I posted pictures on Instagram, one of my friends was like, ‘That’s Jesus.’ And I was like, ‘Oh my God! You’re right!’”

Scheldt also pointed out that she is from Nashville, home of the famous Nun Bun, a cinnamon roll that bears a strong resemblance to Mother Teresa.

30 Comments on "Face Of Jesus Appears On Stingray"

1. DeepCough | Apr 4, 2012 at 12:21 pm |

Jesus is sad because you’re poisoning the oceans.

2. Stingray aren’t even kosher.

3. eyeoftheaxis | Apr 4, 2012 at 12:55 pm |

I see a tripping John Lennon bending a little sideways and sporting one hell of a moustache. Behind him is a combination of the painted dessert and the rocks at the south end of Central Park. He looks like he could be chewing tobacco and about ready to spit, but it might be a bad strawberry that he’s eating. I guess that’s a little bit like seeing Jesus. Not like I worship John Lennon, I hear he was pretty much a drunk before he was shot.

4. zombieslapper | Apr 4, 2012 at 2:32 pm |

Looks like a scruffy Luke Wilson after being stranded on a deserted island.

5. Bullshit- that’s not Jesus, it’s my uncle sol.

6. Looks like Steve Irwin…

7. Howiedunnet | Apr 4, 2012 at 4:00 pm |

Looks more like Ron Perlman disguised as Jesus.

8. Liftedwings | Apr 4, 2012 at 4:11 pm |

who’s the artist?

9. Alan Moore for Shoore

10. tom petty?

11. It’s a bit nuts that people will see Jesus in just about anything that has a vague shape of a face or body of some sort. Just look at http://stuffthatlookslikejesus.com/ and see how many are not seeing Jesus in nothing.

12. Babycork | Apr 4, 2012 at 5:52 pm |

I just saw that guy between my girl’s legs..  What a turn off.

13. David Cosgrove | Apr 4, 2012 at 6:39 pm |

I opened a mollusc shell once and saw something much scarier than that.

14. It cracks me up that people see things, that resemble a human face and think its Jesus. Who the hell knows what he is supposed to look like?

15. Wow amazing! Our lord sure does work in mysterious ways. Who said there was no proof of Gods divine work?

16. Lmnop_nis | Apr 4, 2012 at 9:18 pm |

Shut up. Retard.

17. Actually looks like Darwin.

18. BnalAlast | Apr 4, 2012 at 10:59 pm |

This really speaks very well of god’s priorities. War and suffering in the world? fuck that shit.
    Let’s keep them entertained with things that have a mild resemblance to what people think my son looks like.

19. Of course! All this time Jesus was waiting in the ocean in the form of a stingray just waiting for us to “find” him.
    Then when we do we kill him and put him on display.

20. If it is Jesus’ face, he’s got a tiny Michael Jackson nose.

21. Atheists unite | Apr 6, 2012 at 12:56 am |

its not fuckin jesus its a fuckin manta ray

22. Wow, a whistling jesus on a fish.

23. Jesus has one hell of a cleft chin lol and what happened to his other eye? And what are those holes on the side of his face?  hahaha people are so funny