Portland Man Strips Naked To Protest TSA Search

John BrennanReports Cheryl Calm on KING 5 News:

Frequent flying businessman John Brennan set off an explosives wand at Portland International Airport Tuesday and stripped naked to show TSA screeners he was not carrying a bomb.

John Brennan stripped off his clothes at the TSA security station and stood there naked, as waiting passengers and their families looked on, took photos or looked away.

Brennan said as he left jail Tuesday night that removing all his clothes was not premeditated. The frequent traveler who had heard of many TSA issues while on prior business travels was just fed up as he set off the detector at PDX.

“And the machine went off, and I asked what it was and he said ‘nitrates’ which I know from Oklahoma City is one of the explosive ingredients,” said Brennan, “and I was not interested in being hassled so I took off my clothes to show them I was not carrying any explosives.”

Read More: KING 5 News

22 Comments on "Portland Man Strips Naked To Protest TSA Search"

1. Mysterioso | Apr 19, 2012 at 9:59 pm |

what a magnificent display of quiet dignity.

truly the rosa parks of our time.

2. Dietrich Von Bacon | Apr 19, 2012 at 10:48 pm |

Like the TSA actually accomplishes anything worthwhile.

3. cavity search still needs to be done.

4. looking at his butt, he most be sitting a lot !

5. Blue Skin | Apr 20, 2012 at 12:28 am |

If only a million of us would be willing to do that on the same day….the next day it would be pretty easy to elect a new government and stop putting up with this Nazi bullshite.

6. God damn it Portland.

7. plutherus | Apr 20, 2012 at 1:34 am |

So, these people think that making you stand in a potentially unsafe, untested machine, where it’s against the law to ask if it causes cancer, so they can take naked pictures of you is just fine and dandy, but being actually naked right next to it is a horrible offense?

• It’s against the law to ask an honest question?

• I take it you find the question, “tell me what you are fucking carrying,” a reasonable, honest question then, right?

8. Cloudnearly9 | Apr 20, 2012 at 7:40 am |

now in an ideal world where the tsa werent mentally defunct goons, and their equipment not only didnt cause cancer, but actually worked properly, or if they were trained how to use it, or had accountablity, perhaps it wouldnt be so terrible to ensure saftey on a plane. but when peanuts kill more americans every year than terrorists, and more americans die in wars because of fear mongering over an provoked incident over a decade ago, i question the rationale in giving up our rights for these retards to “protect us” they arent protecting anyone but their own bullshit jobs. and yes, my rights do include not being irresponsibly irradiated by corrupt organizations, and being able to keep the intimate visual details of my body private from pervy machines.

9. GoodDoktorBad | Apr 20, 2012 at 10:19 am |

Dyno-mite!!

10. If everyone did this every time I’m willing to bet the rules would change with the quickness. these TSA idiots are nothing but puffed up security guards with a with a hard on for power.

11. I can definitely see why this is becoming more and more common, I think people are really pushing against TSA.

12. WordsOfTruth | Apr 20, 2012 at 2:38 pm |

Honestly, I’d be ok with all the rules and regulations if they just had trained nurses, doctors, or other health professionals doing the pat downs and watching the video feed of the scans. for crying out loud these are regular people, they are not mature, or experienced enough to be professional when dealing with the human body!! Would you trust your mcdonald worker with lifting your wifes breasts and giggling your balls?! ABSOLUTELY NOT! However do you think twice when a nurse or Dr. does it? no because they are trained, mature, professionals, not hired goons!!

13. i must’ve misread:  Portly Man Strips Naked to Protest TSA Search

the TSA deserves to be flooded with the smelliest, hairiest, portliest citizens every city has to offer, all stripping down and clogging up the frisk-lines.  that would be fncking amazing.

14. Nitrates? srsly? apparently we can catch gout…but we can’t catch terrorists. Great. Fucking awesome. Good to know that if my toe suddenly hurts for no reason I can pass thru a TSA checkpoint and let them check that out for me cheaper than any doctor.

15. Strateface | Apr 21, 2012 at 10:48 am |

Yes. This man is a hero because he stood up to the people making air travel as safe as they can. Sure, the security at airports can be frustrating but anybody in their right mind would rather deal with it than risk another 9/11. Let’s be honest with ourselves.

• Maybe we should consider that air travel is not safe, period, and shut it down, rather than stripping people of their freedom because their job requires them to travel?

•  Be honest?  Your comment is sarcastic and supports the trampling of our rights.   Just because you think it’s ok to give up your rights doesn’t mean you have the right to give up mine.  Got it?

The TSA has not stopped one terrorist attack, not one.  The company that owns the machines they use is owned by an ex politician that helped push thru the laws regarding searching people that wish to travel by airplane.

Honest? I’ll bet you travel by air is down because of the TSA and the invasive searching of people.  But they won’t tell you that because it would cause more to avoid travel by air.   I hate that we are subject to invasive searches to travel by air and I have not traveled by air since things went to shit.  But some day I will have to travel by air and should not be forced to submit to invasive searches.

Guys like this guy are what needs to happen, people need to vote with their wallets.  If they didn’t have customers they would rethink their policies, that I can guarantee you.

That is being honest, you should try it some time.