Penn Jillette Skewers President Obama on Hypocrisy and His Drug Use (Video)

Penn's Sunday SchoolVia Penn’s Sunday School:

On a recent episode of his podcast, Penn Jillette unleashed his thoughts on the Obama administration’s handling of the War on Drugs, calling President Obama’s actions “beyond hypocrisy” regarding his own admitted drug use.

Penn said: “He would have done hard fucking time! And if he had done hard fucking time, he would NOT be President of the United States of America, and he would NOT have gone to his fancy ass college, and he would NOT have sold books that sold millions and millions of copies and made millions and millions of fucking dollars, he would NOT have a beautiful, smart wife, he would NOT have a great job. He would have been in fucking prison, and it’s not a goddamn joke!”

, , , , ,

27 Responses to Penn Jillette Skewers President Obama on Hypocrisy and His Drug Use (Video)

1. Matt Staggs May 24, 2012 at 3:13 pm #

I bumped into Penn Jillette at a breakfast bar in a San Diego hotel. He’s the only guy for whom I’ve ever broken my “don’t talk to celebrities unless it’s in the context of a media event”. In my excuse, he was next to me in line, and dammit, I’m a huge fan.  I said a few words about how much I appreciated Showtime’s “Bullshit” and left him alone. He was gracious and friendly, and about as tall as your average fir tree. Cool guy, and yeah, “Cool story, bro.”

2. SPET67 May 24, 2012 at 5:46 pm #

Penn is 100% correct.  Would Obama, be better off had he been caught and put in prison?  What about Clinton or Bush?  The war on plants is both stupid and hypocritical.

• rtb61 May 25, 2012 at 1:43 am #

The real question is would we be better of if Obama had been caught and put in prison, bloody oath we would be better of if the betrayer was behind bars instead of in the White House.
      I would if the betrayer would think on that for a while.

3. Richard May 24, 2012 at 7:06 pm #

He isn’t fit to sweep the floors of the White House, much  less be residing there and posing as a valid President.  Deport the native Kenyan NWO lizard stooge back to Kenya!

• Mr Grim May 24, 2012 at 9:01 pm #

Straightjacket and thorazine to aisle three. We’ve got a doozy here.

• zombieslapper May 25, 2012 at 12:31 am #

It’s nap time, Richard. Mommy will bring you milk and cookies when you wake up. Now put daddy’s phone back in his fanny pack and go to sleep. You little twat.

• DeepCough May 25, 2012 at 12:41 am #

No, no, no–he’s either a Kenyan Moslem, or Reptilian in a human skin, you can’t have both!

• JaceD May 25, 2012 at 2:07 am #

He’s a reptilian in human skin pretending to be a Kenyan Muslim pretending to be an African American pretending to give a shit about the people of the USA

• DeepCough May 25, 2012 at 11:21 am #

That’s so convoluted that Alex Jones would believe it.

• JaceD May 25, 2012 at 8:03 pm #

Well Alex Jones is the hero against the NWO, although I have my suspicions that he is in fact a reptilian in human skin pretending to be a white trash fool pretending to believe in the shit that he says pretending he doesn’t get a sweet paycheck for being an entertainer.

• DeepCough May 26, 2012 at 9:57 pm #

Funny how you mention that.

• JaceD May 28, 2012 at 5:59 am #

Damn Jews, the wrong side won WW2.

Kidding… Funny that Alex Jones pretends to be fighting against what he is… Or is he not one of the Zoinist NWO guys, but the others who think some other group is planning on killing 90% of the human population? I can’t keep up with the stories, and as time goes on the plot thickens! I love a good mystery drama.

• DeepCough May 28, 2012 at 11:36 pm #

That’s why I love conspiracy theory: there’s a million and one layers to just one subject.

• JaceD May 29, 2012 at 9:04 am #

I definitely think there is weight to some conspiracy theories (9/11 being an obvious one) but when it comes to dubious stories or apparent quotes from some self proclaimed ex-illuminati member, that gets the snow ball rolling and before you know it it’s quoted as fact, eg “agenda 21″. I see hardcore conspiracy theorists as a new form of religious zealot, they’re making sense of the world through the belief that an unseen enemy lurks behind every door (which probably isn’t too far from truth) and to question the conspiracy is an act of heresy which will result in insults and labling as a NWO lacky etc. Also Alex Jones has a cult following, I’ve tried having reasonable discussion with his followers but things turn nasty when I mention he’s been caught lying and distorting truth often enough to discredit himself, but like any true zealot they can’t and wont see reason.

• JaceD May 28, 2012 at 6:11 am #

Holy shit I just saw the clip where he bursts into tears! bahahahaha that just made my night hahahaha thanks for the link man… This is the perfect Alex Jones trolling weapon.

4. Haystack May 24, 2012 at 7:13 pm #

This is how I feel about any of the yuppies I talk to who did drugs when they were younger–or even still do drugs–but still think that they should be illegal. If you’ve every done drugs, and you still think people should go to jail for doing drugs, then turn yourself the the fuck in and do the time for it.

• Heath May 24, 2012 at 9:54 pm #

If we were talking on a “wholesome” sense like my doctor prescribed these for me, I would have to side with your yuppy friends and question what are they putting in my drugs, and why the hell am I asking you this….Nurse!

• Light-It-Up May 25, 2012 at 12:34 pm #

Add to that the common notion: “I used to do drugs, but then I grew up.”  Oh, so drugs are for kids?  Their brain implodes, and then in the next breath: “No, kids shouldn’t do drugs”.  So kids shouldn’t, who should?  Not adults, because they are ‘responsible’ and need to ‘set the example’.  But you were young and allowed a free pass because you’ve “grown up”?  And now that you are so wise and mature yet you can’t handle drugs, but it’s okay for kids if they aren’t wise, but not okay, wait what?  Frraaaa!!  Gotta admit, the dissonance is incredible.

It’s amazing how backwards our culture has it.  Under 18, drug use not punishable.  Over 18, drug use punishable.  No wonder kids are doing drugs – it’s the only LEGAL time to try them.

• Haystack May 25, 2012 at 11:46 pm #

Sometimes I wonder if maybe pot does kill all your brain cells, and that’s how all those hippies ended up voting for Reagan…

5. Redacted May 25, 2012 at 1:33 am #

Libertarian thought is inherently incorrect. Those who claim to think logically, but also claim to be Libertarian are either fools or liars.

• Monkey See Monkey Do May 25, 2012 at 1:37 am #

Unless your a libertarian socialist, which ironically enough was the original meaning of libertarianism.

• Draculoid May 25, 2012 at 4:46 pm #

how so? i’m not disagreeing with you necessarily, but i’m somewhat uninformed in these matters.

• Apathesis May 25, 2012 at 5:35 pm #

Care to expound?  Are you liberal or anarchist?  What?

6. James Phillip Schmitt May 25, 2012 at 2:19 am #

anybody who knew Obama in college says he’s bullshitting about his drug use.

7. Person May 25, 2012 at 2:31 am #

Wow, so many incoherent comments on this subject.  Normally there are some good points made in the comment section, not this time.

Penn is right on target, so much so that it’s chilling IF you actually got the message.   WTF…… just WTF…..

8. damnadamzama May 26, 2012 at 2:43 am #

Amen, Penn! And, not Amen as in Amen Hotep.

9. tooCents May 27, 2012 at 3:08 am #

Would NOT be surprised if Obama goes down as one of the worst presidents in history.
    Might be 20-49 years when the historians see what important *changes*, if you will, were needed now to save the country/world from disasters and further overall decline. And that when a man was elected by people that wanted that change he went for the safe and to his mind prudent route. He went with the status quo.

In line all the way with the War of Terror on domestic and foreign policies.
    Poor, ineffective economic policy.
    Pathetic joke health care law.
    Continues stupid, insanely destructive shit like the “drug war”.
    Environmental policy? Fuck it.
    Education reform???