‘Trayvon Martin’ Gun Range Targets Sold Out in Two Days

Trayvon TargetLooks like now even the cached page has been removed from Google. Reports David Edwards on the RAW Story:

A person selling gun range targets modeled after slain Florida teen Trayvon Martin says that their “main motivation was to make money off the controversy.”

WKMG’s Mike DeForest reported on Friday that the unidentified seller told him that the targets “sold out in 2 days.”

“The response is overwhelming,” the seller said. While the item appears to have been removed from GunBroker.com, a cached version of the page was still available at the time of publication.

Photos of the item, which was titled “10 Pack Trayvon Martin Targets,” showed crosshairs over a hoodie similar to the one Trayvon Martin was wearing when he was shot by neighborhood watchman George Zimmerman in February. The figure has a bag of Skittle in his pocket and is holding what appears to be a can of iced tea, similar to what Martin had purchased before being gunned down. The pack of 10 targets was being sold for $8.

Read More on the RAW Story

26 Comments on "‘Trayvon Martin’ Gun Range Targets Sold Out in Two Days"

1. I’ve got to get out of this Goddamned country.

2. GoodDoktorBad | May 12, 2012 at 11:22 am |

Ah the American way. Exploit everything. Respect nothing.

……and have a nice day!!

• Anti_Secret_Squirrel | May 13, 2012 at 2:17 pm |

Yea or we just “toss ya out like a piece of rubbish when we are done with ya!”

3. Zimmerman’s attorney says on record, “I hope there is a crime we could charge the person who made that with, I’m not sure what it is, but we need to come up with one, because that’s disgusting.” wow.

•  Violation of Skittles and Arizona Tea Trade Marks. I doubt he had a retail licensing agreement with either of these company’s.

4. Racists gonna race.

5. DeepCough | May 12, 2012 at 4:28 pm |

Too soon? Not in America.

6. Should be a kind of litmus test, if a person buys this: Chemical castration. Or a swift kick in the nuts.

7. A person selling gun range targets modeled after slain Florida teen
    Trayvon Martin says that their “main motivation was to make money off
    the death of an innocent, seventeen year old boy.” There fix’t. I can’t only cringe at what Trayvon’s mother must feel about this.

8. People suck.

9. Anti_Secret_Squirrel | May 13, 2012 at 2:15 pm |

There are a whole lot of racist bigot bastards here in America and I am really sick of it!

10. mannyfurious | May 13, 2012 at 4:02 pm |

Only in America.

11. mannyfurious | May 13, 2012 at 4:03 pm |

The greatest, most enlightened country on the planet.

12. Bob LobLaw | May 13, 2012 at 4:18 pm |

Fucking…Fuck

13. Hmmm…

There’s a little gun range on E. Fowler Ave in Tampa that I go to some times. The old guy who runs the place is actually pretty cool and normal compared to most gun range guys but he’s still pretty right-wing.

Anyhow.. he has a selection of targets across the back wall for you to buy and shoot. An assortment of Bullseyes and knitted cap bad guys. Unfortunately for him, he had (the place burnt down and he didn’t replace it yet) a portrait of Roland Reagan  on the right side behind the counter.

I used to have great fun trying to buy “Reagan Targets” from him.

“It’s not a target and it’s not for sale”

“Nonesense. Trust me, Reagan would want you to make a buck any way you can. I’m sure he’d be fine with you just selling me that target to make some money…”

Then I sent a friend or two to buy a “Reagan Target”.

• I’d love to put a hole or two in Reagan’s stupid smug smile. PUNK ROOOOOOOOOOCK!

• Ironically, “Drake” is the name of one of my friends who went and asked for a “Reagan Target” too.

14. I WANT ONE!!

15. Strange, I thought it was illegal for non cops to have humanoid shooting targets?

16. sam23sirius | May 15, 2012 at 10:14 am |

divide et impera

17. Maldetrius | May 26, 2012 at 5:13 pm |

Damn stupid and insensitive. (Know where I can buy some of these great targets?)