Illuminate with Fluoride! (Video)

Via The Joy Camp:

12 Comments on "Illuminate with Fluoride! (Video)"

1. Awesome.

2. Ah…. You are aware you’re not suppose to EAT tooth paste…?

• Mr Willow | Jun 11, 2012 at 4:49 am |

Which is exactly why people are opposed to putting the ingredient in question in public water supplies.

• Fair dues sir.

Is there any credible evidence fluoride actually causes these issues?

• Calypso_1 | Jun 11, 2012 at 6:18 am |

Oh yes, flourosis is serious stuff, it’s a major world health problem – however you are more likely to get it from natural well water or from inhaled sources such as indoor burning coal .  Outside of outright poisoning from massive doses and GI upset, most effects are on the skeletal system.  It’s neurotoxicity has been shown in fetal development, not in adults. Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to see it gone as a municipal water additive but the literature doesn’t really back the fervor often ascribed to its harm.  If I had to choose between removing flouride from my communities water or the addition of some state of the art scrubbers to the coal fired power plants I’d go with the air pollution fix anyday.

• Monkey See Monkey Do | Jun 11, 2012 at 8:56 am |

Neurotoxicity in fetal/child development seems like enough reason to remove it as a water additive. What literature is that from?. I find it really hard to find peer-reviewed journals claiming major health problems from water flouridation. There is minor problems such as white marks on the teeth. The fact that high doses are very damaging to the health doesn’t make me feel too good that some people are given the responsibility to dose us with it, and in just the right amount.

• Calypso_1 | Jun 11, 2012 at 11:59 am |

Lancet if memory serves me right -will try to find citation

• Calypso_1 | Jun 11, 2012 at 6:25 am |

but children often do

3. dougstevebilll | Jun 11, 2012 at 6:25 am |

im pretty sure the flouride used in dentistry is a different chemical than what’s put in water and such… at least that’s what I read somewhere. dont qoute me on that

• Calypso_1 | Jun 11, 2012 at 7:02 am |

It’s flouride salts and silicates that are used both medically and municipally.  But that doesn’t matter as the flourine molecule readily separates into a free anion.  Its ability to replace calcium in the body is what causes all the problems.

• doug, it’s the same chemical. in fact, it is in a much higher concentrationthan your tap water. sodium fluoride is poisonous!