Roseanne Barr To Run For President?

Describing herself as “the only serious comedian in this race”, Roseanne is seeking the Green Party nomination for 2012. She already had my vote wrapped up by being Roseanne, but her campaign welcome page lays out her platform, which includes marijuana legalization, ending military support for Israel, forgiveness of all student loan debt, and ballot access in every state. A snippet:

The legalization of marijuana is the way to end all Drug Wars and stop the monopoly of the subsidized prison systems. Our government and corporations are getting paid every time someone goes to prison for non-violent crimes due to marijuana arrests. Drug laws need to be rewritten to make them sane and people based. We need to end the prohibition on marijuana and legalize it.

10 Comments on "Roseanne Barr To Run For President?"

1. She’s a half-bright conspiracy nut. Sure, she says the right thing every once in a while, but I think that’s accidental.

• totally disagree…she’s been saying all this logical, reasonable and incredibly obvious, but unfortunately, ignored! stuff for years…only thing i’m confused about is I saw an article yday where the green party endorsed someone else… ???

• Jin The Ninja | Jun 8, 2012 at 3:14 pm |

i question your labels of ‘half-bright’ and ‘conspiracy nut’, what she says in the above is pretty cogent.

2. MiniMeme | Jun 8, 2012 at 3:11 pm |

She’s getting hotter by aging or I’m soooo stoned right now!?

3. R.D.Wainwright | Jun 8, 2012 at 5:03 pm |

Roseanne’s had a good run but Jill Stein probably going to get the nomination. She is already ahead in the delegate count: http://news.yahoo.com/california-green-party-presidential-primary-could-game-changer-201300007.html

4. Haystack | Jun 8, 2012 at 8:08 pm |

I’ve voted Green in the past, but I’m really not impressed with either of their candidates. Barr’s site consists of little more than shallow rhetoric with little in the way of actual policy proposals. It’s easy to say “end the wars” or “support the struggle of the 99%”, but what specific steps would she take toward that goal? Has she thought about any of this deeply? I have a feeling that if she were actually placed on a podium next to Barack Obama, she’d perform about as well as Sarah Palin.

And it’s frustrating because I don’t want to vote for a major party (or a libertarian), but the leftist third party candidates overwhelmingly come off as loony and/or unprofessional. I don’t see anyone representing my viewpoint who really inspires confidence.

I like what I’ve seen of Bernie Sanders. He’s the sort of candidate that I might like to see represent the left.

5. charlieprimero | Jun 8, 2012 at 10:08 pm |

She must have a movie coming out or something.

6. Thom Vane | Jun 8, 2012 at 10:18 pm |

Why not? She’s an ego-monster like the rest of them.